3 rebuilds, 3 Super Bowls, while Dallas twiddles its thumbs in the dark

Blackspider214

Reaction score
All I know is I read here that dak is the best quarterback in the NFL. I'm not sure why these others teams don't let him win though.
You didn't read there here. No one on here said Dak is the best in the NFL. Stop projecting.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hurt’s was far from perfect, but his team put up 31 on what everyone said was the best defense in the league. He’s in the league leaders in long passes completed this year. Maybe his shoulder is still an issue and maybe his his instructions are to just get the ball out.
To call him a bus driver is just ignorant or homer bias.
He’s been balling all season.
Lol. This game was 7-7 nearing halftime with SF playing Josh Joshnson the entire half minus a few plays. Their first TD had SF just challenged, is wiped out and SF gets the ball back. Hurts path to the SB was about as easy as you get. Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson. Let's see how he looks when the opposing team can actually score and more pressure is put on him.

Easy to look good when you know the opposing offense has zero chance to move the ball. You have a ton of room for error. Eagles didn't get to the Super Bowl because of Hurts. He was apart of the recipe but far from the main ingredient.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Lol. This game was 7-7 nearing halftime with SF playing Josh Joshnson the entire half minus a few plays.
And that my sir comes down to coaching and playing the odds in your favor by the head coach.

When SF had the ball in their own territory, I though *** is the coach doing trying to put up points in what most likely would be a 2 minute drill with your 4th string QB? I thought to myself, man, if they make a mistake here, the Eagles could score right before the half and then it could get ugly going into the 2nd half by a two touchdown difference.

What happens right after I was thinking that? Fumble, Eagles take it in for a score, up 21-7 right before half.

You're down by one score under two minutes in the first half, you run out the clock before half, take your guys into the locker room, try to figure out what's going on with your starting QB, and come up with a game plan for your 4th stringer as you get the ball back first going into the second half. That said, I don't claim to be anything resembling a NFL coach, so I could be completely wrong in my line of thinking.

All that said, no way of planning that your 4th string QB was going to be knocked out of the game...

mote

Reaction score
And that my sir comes down to coaching and playing the odds in your favor by the head coach.

When SF had the ball in their own territory, I though *** is the coach doing trying to put up points in what most likely would be a 2 minute drill with your 4th string QB? I thought to myself, man, if they make a mistake here, the Eagles could score right before the half and then it could get ugly going into the 2nd half by a two touchdown difference.

What happens right after I was thinking that? Fumble, Eagles take it in for a score, up 21-7 right before half.

You're down by one score under two minutes in the first half, you run out the clock before half, take your guys into the locker room, try to figure out what's going on with your starting QB, and come up with a game plan for your 4th stringer as you get the ball back first going into the second half. That said, I don't claim to be anything resembling a NFL coach, so I could be completely wrong in my line of thinking.

All that said, no way of planning that your 4th string QB was going to be knocked out of the game...
All this talk about the Eagles having an easy path, not playing a real QB. It isn't like Purdy slipped on his way to the game and got hurt. He was injured on a legitimate hit, due to poor O-line play (and scheme) by SF and excellent pass rush by Philly. No one said that Seahawks had it "easy" when they knocked Wentz out of the 2019 playoffs on a dirty hit by Clowney.

DZSierra

Reaction score
All this talk about the Eagles having an easy path, not playing a real QB. It isn't like Purdy slipped on his way to the game and got hurt. He was injured on a legitimate hit, due to poor O-line play (and scheme) by SF and excellent pass rush by Philly. No one said that Seahawks had it "easy" when they knocked Wentz out of the 2019 playoffs on a dirty hit by Clowney.
Funny, I was thinking about Purdy's injury and then a couple of other QB's.

Remember that long thread on Jalen Hurts here on this forum and the topic kept going to how "running QB's" are prone to getting injured because they run and they make themselves targets due to running?

Just recently in the last couple of weeks

1 - Purdy pretty serious injury in the pocket while throwing.
2 - Johnson concussion protocol from throwing the pocket.
3 - Mahome's injured while in the pocket.

Honestly, I never thought just because a QB can scramble and actually run to make plays as being more injury prone due to possible hits running, because as a QB, you're pretty much run a good chance of getting your clocked cleaned. If anything, with the ability to scramble and run, a QB may actually save his figurative life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Those damn Eagles just did it yet again.

Andy Reid built a team with Donovan McNabb and a dominant defense went to the Super Bowl and ruled the division for a good while.

Then it was torn down.

Then Doug Pederson, Carson Wentz, and Nick Foles combined with a stellar defense and beat the mighty Patriots for the Eagles first championship.

Then that was torn down.

Now Nick Siriani, Jalen Hurts, and another stifling defense is in place with a very young roster, and they're headed to a third Super Bowl in 20 years. This group looks to be around for a long, long time, too, and they have a top10 pick waiting in April.

Meanwhile, Dallas continues to fart and fall down every offseason, no longer willing to go after anyone of significance in offseason free agency. It's either the offense is stacked with talent and the defense is a turnstile, or the defense is fairly stout but the offense can't block or lacks weapons.

The Eagles made key offseason moves, and it's paying off. Last year, the Rams did the same and won a Super Bowl. The year before, Tampa did the same and won a Super Bowl with Brady.

Philly now owns this division clearly, and here we are a big pile of gunk that isn't going anywhere anytime soon with this lot.

It's going to take a magical offseason of free agent moves to get this thing tuned for anything of significance going forward. That's hard with limited cap space, a middling QB making $49 million, and a list of players needing new deals. Pollard, CeeDee, Diggs, Micah, and a list of others.

Anything short of some huge signings - and I'm talking about Aaron Rodgers, Daron Payne, DeAndre Hopkins, Javon Hargrave type guys - and this will remain an effort in futitility.

They need to either go for it or blow it up. Because hope isn't a strategy, no matter how much they wish it was.
Another, “Oh, poor me, waaa,waaa” thread. :lmao: