3 things that folks missed about Parsons

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The greater factor, rather than Micah falling, was that Horn and Surtain were were off the board. Most mocks (and his rating) had him still available when we drafted. As I said the only negatives were the off-field hazing and possibly opting out 2020.

Either way we came out of it the winner.
You personally may never have doubted how good he was. But people on this board didn’t even think he was the best LB in the draft. I myself thought it was crazy.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you guys are losing the spirit of the quote.
I should have authored the qoute I guess I assumed everybody would know
Muhammad Ali
Look I get it just playing . I don’t even know if they make the Klapp Klapp still

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. Pass rushing potential- I thought Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. But even I didn’t see his potential as a pass rusher. I could see the potential as a blitzer. But I didn’t envision what we’ve seen so far. I see a skill set that can really be developed.

2. Intelligence- The character concerns are what we heard about. No one talks about how smart this kid is. His ability to absorb all that has been thrown at him is impressive. Very few rookies are asked to do what he’s done and excel. This ability is going to serve him well going forward.

3.Motor- He wasn’t considered lazy but no one called him relentless. And that’s what he is. When you have elite talent, intelligence, and motor you generally get a special player

Some laughed when it was said this is a kid that you can build a defense around. Not so much laughing now. You don’t get this talent often. Hope we don’t waste it.

Some of us didnt miss it. A rare few. Some of us tried to actually explain how well the kid could rush the passer. Like most times, it falls on deaf ears.

plasticman

Reaction score
One of his greatest contributions, if his performances remain consistent, will be keeping offenses occupied which enables others to be more productive. Opponents simply can't snap the ball without knowing exactly where he is. The more resources allocated to stopping hjm, the less there are for his teammates.

Parsons is literally going to make other Cowboys look really good.

lk8701

Reaction score
I'm pissed that we traded our 1st and 2nd just to get Claiborne.

We missed out in drafting Bobby Magner and Michael Brockers because of it.

If Parsons is anything near what Bobby Wagner is, I'll take that any day of the week.

I'm pissed about Taco over TJ Watt.

stinkface

Reaction score
To quote the great Bill Parcells. "Don't eat the cheese." He looks really good, but he's played 3 games. The first game against Tampa he looked a bit lost. Not sure he has played linebacker since.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You personally may never have doubted how good he was. But people on this board didn’t even think he was the best LB in the draft. I myself thought it was crazy.

As I mentioned the only posters that didnt like him were those that wouldnt want to draft a defensive player in the first round (quoting Taco 2). There was a vocal Pitts/Slater/Sewell contingent that decried ANYONE other than that triumvirate. When people down play him as a prospect (still top 15 in most/every mock) due to character concerns and that being an initiation 'hazing', you can see his ability on the field must be pretty good.

Most of us saw/thought we'd address the CB weakness, the conservative (and probably correct) scenario was Horn/Surtain and continue with Jaylon/LVE.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I wanted Sewell and Slater as well but that's because I no longer trust Smith and Collins, not to mention I thought Steele was terrible. I also didn't consider LB as big of a need as DL or DB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Is he the best linebacker in the draft?

Some NFL teams didn’t have him as the best linebacker.

His instincts are best suited to be a edge rusher. At linebacker he looks good chasing the football but he has so much that just doesn’t come as natural to him like coming off the edge.

DanA

Reaction score
Check out his scouting report I just posted.

Yeah I saw that. good spot. Unfortunately I can't claim to have seen what you and Dane Brugler identified. I just thought he be a bit better than Devin Bush as a blitzer and play the role he did in the cotton bowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
As I mentioned the only posters that didnt like him were those that wouldnt want to draft a defensive player in the first round (quoting Taco 2). There was a vocal Pitts/Slater/Sewell contingent that decried ANYONE other than that triumvirate. When people down play him as a prospect (still top 15 in most/every mock) due to character concerns and that being an initiation 'hazing', you can see his ability on the field must be pretty good.

Most of us saw/thought we'd address the CB weakness, the conservative (and probably correct) scenario was Horn/Surtain and continue with Jaylon/LVE.
And the CB lovers, those who think we need to draft CB's no matter what the scenario.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of us didnt miss it. A rare few. Some of us tried to actually explain how well the kid could rush the passer. Like most times, it falls on deaf ears.
I was amazed that it wasn't blatantly obvious to everyone. Makes me wonder exactly what people are looking at when they examine prospects.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And the CB lovers, those who think we need to draft CB's no matter what the scenario.

I wasnt a CB lover (though admit I wanted defense), looked at the best player available (in a position of need), in most drafts that would have been Surtain/Horn. Not many would of drafted Micah had those two been available.

That doesnt mean to say that when they were off the board we were delighted to have gone Micah (and acknowledged that he TOO was a special talent).

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Is he the best linebacker in the draft?

Some NFL teams didn’t have him as the best linebacker.

His instincts are best suited to be a edge rusher. At linebacker he looks good chasing the football but he has so much that just doesn’t come as natural to him like coming off the edge.
He was the best LB in the draft. The pass rushing skills just make him more dynamic. I’m not concerned about a label for this kid. He’s different.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was the best LB in the draft. The pass rushing skills just make him more dynamic. I’m not concerned about a label for this kid. He’s different.

I don’t know if he’s the best linebacker and we may not ever get to find out anyways.