3 things that folks missed about Parsons

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s my point. There was talk about him developing as a pass rusher. But no one knew that he would be this good this fast. Facing double teams on occasion. And the motor is elite. I saw a bit of it in college but nothing like we’ve seen thus far.
No, they did know it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Taking decent CB prospects over him was ludicrous.

I honestly think that way too many people get their info from the TV and not enough from reading. And they forget that talking heads are often told to take a certain stance and support it. They don't necessarily believe what they are saying.

Look at this stuff: "Ease of movement is obvious on tape w/ Parsons showing Gumby-like core flexibility, the lateral agility and balance of a ballerina, as well as stop/start and redirect explosiveness and terrific straight-line speed. Size speed and instincts combo projects well to all 3 traditional LB roles, providing his future NFL team w/ all sorts of positional flexibility. Complements his athleticism w/ stellar instincts, beating backs to the holes and sniffing out screens and other misdirection plays to rack up tackles behind the LOS. Dangerous edge rusher, showing terrific initial quickness and bend to dip, duck, and deke his way past the bigger slower blockers.

Pairs his upper and lower body beautifully, sliding laterally while forcibly ripping his way through the reach of would-be blockers w/ his long arms and strong, active hands. Rips through would-be blocks like a tornado, putting on a clinic when it comes to disengaging w/o sacrificing yardage. Generates knockdown power w/ only a few steps and uses his long arms to simply engulf ball carriers.

Isn't asked to drop back into coverage much, but shows comfort and ease of movement when doing so, generating excellent depth on his drops and bounding out of his breaks while keeping track of the ball."

All of the items in question were already known about him. It was the idiotic TV guys trying desperately to find negatives, when basically he doesn't have any.
Some teams get so focused on need that they pass on the better player.
That happened with Parsons.

kskboys

Reaction score
Makes me sick to think that we might've taken one of the CB prospects over him. Sick.

Parsons is the type player that teams should've been fighting to trade up for. Whole draft concerning Parsons was very very strange. Never in my wildest did I think he'd actually slip to us.

kskboys

Reaction score
If teams knew it they really dropped the ball. In a realt

if you say so. I think teams dropped the ball on this one.
I do. The scouting report I posted was from predraft. The info on him was easily available and well known. Him dropping in the draft was inane, and made zero sense.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Makes me sick to think that we might've taken one of the CB prospects over him. Sick.

Parsons is the type player that teams should've been fighting to trade up for. Whole draft concerning Parsons was very very strange. Never in my wildest did I think he'd actually slip to us.
People on this board cringed at the prospect of taking him. I mean people wanted Zaven Collins and JOK. Fine prospects. But I don’t see them as being on the level of Parsons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do. The scouting report I posted was from predraft. The info on him was easily available and well known. Him dropping in the draft was inane, and made zero sense.
he dropped lover his opt out much lie a J Chase did, sometimes when you dont play that years draft, you slip..its just the nature out out of sight out of mind, the FO talked themselves out of few choices..

Batman1980

Reaction score

I never thought Prescott would slip to us, either. Sometimes football experts get it completely wrong and I admit I did too. I thought he was just another linebacker and one who quit on his team because of coronavirus. One of those times I'm 100% happy to be wrong about something.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I'm not sure anyone questioned his talent, other than how high you take an off-ball LBer. The concern was his character once his former teammate filed the hazing lawsuit. To his credit, he owned it and admitted it was dumb but he was over it and learned from it. Just a matter of whether or not you believed him. So I understand why teams/fans were a concern. Hindsight can be tricky.....

kskboys

Reaction score
People on this board cringed at the prospect of taking him. I mean people wanted Zaven Collins and JOK. Fine prospects. But I don’t see them as being on the level of Parsons.
I remember a poster telling someone "Just watch Parsons' tape" after some cringeworthy diatribe trying to downgrade him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone questioned his talent, other than how high you take an off-ball LBer. The concern was his character once his former teammate filed the hazing lawsuit. To his credit, he owned it and admitted it was dumb but he was over it and learned from it. Just a matter of whether or not you believed him. So I understand why teams/fans were a concern. Hindsight can be tricky.....
People have no idea how much hazing and such takes place. Very very minor incident.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
People have no idea how much hazing and such takes place. Very very minor incident.

Oh I agree 100%.........minor maybe, but once his former teammate filed the lawsuit it began a make issue for him, especially perception. Hell, recall his coach at Penn State can to his defense and tried to clean it up a bit but the damage was done, fair or not.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really really want to know how anyone associated w/ NFL football missed this cat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh I agree 100%.........minor maybe, but once his former teammate filed the lawsuit it began a make issue for him, especially perception. Hell, recall his coach at Penn State can to his defense and tried to clean it up a bit but the damage was done, fair or not.
Absolutely. However, NFL teams should not have fallen for that crapp.

kskboys

Reaction score
He has the potential to be a transformative player for the entire defense
Isn't it strange how some are still denying, or crying that we shouldn't get excited yet? It's like they're unable to analyze a player, so they don't want anyone else to either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Absolutely. However, NFL teams should not have fallen for that crapp.

I don't think they did.......he was taken 12th overall. Just me, but I think NFL teams were fine with the character issue by draft day. It seems he dropped over positional value. Hell, Jerry and Stephen even admitted CB was their first priority.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think they did.......he was taken 12th overall. Just me, but I think NFL teams were fine with the character issue by draft day. It seems he dropped over positional value. Hell, Jerry and Stephen even admitted CB was their first priority.
That's sick. MLB is more important to a D than CB, and it's not close.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Isn't it strange how some are still denying, or crying that we shouldn't get excited yet? It's like they're unable to analyze a player, so they don't want anyone else to either.
If we can not get excited about a player or team there is no reason to be a fan Taking up speed ironing or tidily winks would be a nice alternative for some.