3 unproven players who need to breakout for the Dallas Cowboys in 2024

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Even worse, they pay attention to the wrong things.

"Hey, Jerry, this player only has one leg."

"Yeah, but if he just tries really hard he'll be all pro."
best post of your career looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool we have the best doctor in the land!! lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
100% agreed, Ronnie, which is why I hope the Cowboys take NC State LB, Payton Wilson, with their 24th pick because if they don't, the Packers certainly will at 25th...or the 49ers will at 31.

Payton Wilson teamed up with old man free agent signee, Eric Kendricks, and injury recovered DeMarvion Overshown would make our starting LB crew from one of the weakest to one of the best this upcoming season.
I could be wrong but didn't I hear there was something wrong with Wilson did he hurt himself in the combine?? Do we need another injury prone Sean Lee type linebacker I mean with all the potential in the world do we really wanna draft a first round linebacker that's injured?

Flamma

Reaction score
I could be wrong but didn't I hear there was something wrong with Wilson did he hurt himself in the combine?? Do we need another injury prone Sean Lee type linebacker I mean with all the potential in the world do we really wanna draft a first round linebacker that's injured?
That's what I would avoid at all costs. How often was he injured? I think Sean Lee could have been HOF but for the 297 injuries. Right now he's nursing a hammy from taking out the garbage.

Flamma

Reaction score
The pick never did make sense. W/ his lack of burst an lateral agility, I'd blame very poor player evaluation on the pick.
Don't give up on him yet. There are DTs taken late in the first and even on day 2 that end up being pretty good players. It's just not going to happen overnight.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No. Payton Wilson did not injure himself at the combine. He opted to sit out the Senior Bowl game in order to prepare for the draft. Payton Wilson played all of 2023 and achieved great numbers.

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2024/04/05/payton-wilson-nfl-draft-fits

blueblood70

Reaction score
No. Payton Wilson did not injure himself at the combine. He opted to sit out the Senior Bowl game in order to prepare for the draft. Payton Wilson played all of 2023 and achieved great numbers.

like I said I thought I heard a rumor that he heard himself working out well lifting weights or something he pulled a hamstring and sat out so I am curious if he's hiding something cause you know sitting out the combine and saying it's so he can prepare for the draft the combine is were you prepared for the draft I understand the senior bowl thing maybe it was a rumor did he workout at the combine like fully workout??

Like I said I wasn't sure but I thought I had heard a rumor he was hurt and... That's great if he's not injury prone and I don't know a lot about the guy but can he be a starting middle linebacker is he big and instinctual downhill run first lber??

blueblood70

Reaction score

hmmm

"realized his potential this season after suffering a slew of injuries in previous campaigns. Wilson was healthy throughout the 2023 campaign, recording a career-high 138 tackles.

Wilson also displayed rare athletic traits at the NFL Combine. The Hillsborough, North Carolina native ran a blazing-fast 4.43 40 with an elite 1.53 10-yard split. Agility was on display via Wilson's 4.2 shuttle and 6.85 3-cone. Wilson also had a 34.5-inch vertical and 9-foot-11 broad jump.

Medical checks will be crucial to determining Wilson's draft weekend stock. When healthy,"

is it only having one good healthy season the same thing as saying that somebody's in a contract year they play their best ball?

LVE ,Sean Lee ,and Jaylon smith all hurt lBers setting us back years enough you all blame the FO for not appreciating lBers but its health more then anything that set the FO back..not trying to fill those positions..

Imagine if all three would have lived up to their expectations maybe played as healthy as Bobby Wagner?? That's what gives me pause about this kid

in my opinion he'd be safer to take in the second but like people are saying he's probably gone by the time we pick again in the second round which is the downside of winning 12 games every year you're picking in the bottom five of the draft you miss out and sometimes you have to reach,,,

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

3 unproven players who need to breakout for the Dallas Cowboys in 2024​

Story by Shane Taylor, Inside The Star

With the Dallas Cowboys doing nothing in the 2024 free agent pool, this team will need the young players to step up this season.

If the Cowboys don't get production from any of the younger players on the roster, the season could all be over by the time they hit Thanksgiving.

That said, let's look at a few players who need to find their groove this season so the Cowboys have any chance of competing.

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Mazi Smith
3. T.J. Bass

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=6f9d1f5ac7e94567936fc4433ee89fe6&ei=26
It’s going to be fun to see how this young a team performs this year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The pick never did make sense. W/ his lack of burst an lateral agility, I'd blame very poor player evaluation on the pick.
You're forgetting that in most drafts teams don't have more than 20 or so actual first round grades on prospects. So any player drafted beyond that point is either a 2nd round talent or a first rounder who is falling for some reason. In Mazi Smith's case I would point to poor utilization more than evaluation. The kid can do some things well.. We didn't ask him to do those things, instead opting to ask him to do the things he was not good at.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
100% agreed, Ronnie, which is why I hope the Cowboys take NC State LB, Payton Wilson, with their 24th pick because if they don't, the Packers certainly will at 25th...or the 49ers will at 31.

Payton Wilson teamed up with old man free agent signee, Eric Kendricks, and injury recovered DeMarvion Overshown would make our starting LB crew from one of the weakest to one of the best this upcoming season.
I don't think Wilson would come in and immediately supplant Clark in the starting line up. Clark was pretty solid when the d-line kept guards off him. The issue for him was frequently having to fight off 320 pound dudes to get to the ballcarrier. No linebacker is going to solve that problem no matter how talented. The big uglies gotta be better if we want our backers to be better.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
1. Dak Prescott
2. Zack Martin
3. Tank

Feel free to win some Playoff games. Probably the three veteran leaders through the last few seasons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. Dak Prescott
2. Zack Martin
3. Tank

Feel free to win some Playoff games. Probably the three veteran leaders through the last few seasons.
You want to list all the other ones like Jason Whitten Tony Romo DeMarcus Ware just to name a few who also I guess you're saying had a choice and they didn't help win any playoff games/... So naming just three of 53 players on rosters is ridiculous it is a complete team game and how about the entire team play better but don't leave out tyron Smith who everyone seems to be upset that he's left what exactly did he do in his career in a big game to help us win?

While I'm on a coffee rant .

how about DeMarco Murray of one of the worst plays in big game, fumbles in huge hole with little contact, literally going to help memorialized Tony romo's career had he not fumbled that ball going up the middle and the Green Bay game that's right, how about Dan Bailey one of our best kickers ever missed 2 kicks in that same game, and then you have the referees with the Dez Bryant thing ohh in the same game...

How about Patrick Creighton we all remember that game but hey ohh anybody remembers this Cabo Patrick Creighton did not go to Cabo and he almost single handedly lost that game...

We can do this forever, but it doesn't take many positions to have an off game to lose a game in the NFL because it is a lot of moving pieces it's the truest form of a team game there is..

I mean,

all I remember from 2022 is the 11 penalties on the offensive line that's the biggest reason we lost and then you have the four on the defensive line you can't have all those penalties and expect to win a game but hey let's blame Prescott let's keep his name #1 even though that would be Zach Martin and that offensive line has not come through like the 70s and 90s Cowboys offensive lines and that's where it starts in the trenches ie no pysicality or run games in any of those losses,

then you can go to the defensive line you can't win games making mistakes missing tackles not making your blocks missing your assignments not executing creating penalties dropping passes yes Mr. CD lamb or not getting big sacks yes Mr. Parsons..

You want to know my point my point is that there are so many more names you can add to a list stop picking three of them and that includes the original poster they're far more guys we're going to need to count on better one the three-year players because it's hard for them to step up this is 53 players 22 starters and a coaching staff that are all need to be held accountable not just a couple of names....

Let me be clear Tony Romo or Prescott did not allow Aaron Rodgers to beat them in the fourth quarter of those two playoff games let me be even more clear Tony Romo or Prescott did not fumble the ball in those games.... how many be more clear, they didn't do all the bad blocking ,they didn't have no run game, they didn't have 11 penalties 14 penalties total!!! they also didn't give up 278 yards on the ground in one game they also didn't let debo Samuels have 10 yards per carry in the first half of a game they're not the ones who dropped sure interceptions or didn't break up passes!!!

They weren't the ones that broke off their routes, they weren't the ones that had balls hit them in the hands and didn't catch it, they were not the ones that called bad plays or did not execute, they weren't the ones that created the game plans....

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You want to list all the other ones like Jason Whitten Tony Romo DeMarcus Ware just to name a few who also I guess you're saying had a choice and they didn't help win any playoff games/... So naming just three of 53 players on rosters is ridiculous it is a complete team game and how about the entire team play better but don't leave out tyron Smith who everyone seems to be upset that he's left what exactly did he do in his career in a big game to help us win?

While I'm on a coffee rant how about DeMarco Murray video of one of his horse games literally gonna help memorialized Tony romo's career had he not fumbled that ball going up the middle and the Green Bay game that's right how about Dan Bailey one of our best kickers ever missed 2 kicks in that same game and then you have the referees with the Dez Bryant thing ohh in the same game...

How about Patrick Creighton we all remember that game but hey ohh anybody remembers this Cabo Patrick Creighton did not go to Cabo and he almost single handedly lost that game...

We can do this forever but it doesn't take many positions to have an off game to lose a game in the NFL because it is a lot of moving pieces it's the truest form of a team game there is..

I mean all I remember from 2022 is the 11 penalties on the offensive line that's the biggest reason we lost and then you have the four on the defensive line you can't have all those penalties and expect to win a game but hey let's blame Prescott let's keep his name #1 even though that would be Zach Martin and that offensive line has not come through like the 70s and 90s Cowboys offensive lines and that's where it starts in the trenches then you can go to the defensive line you can't win games making mistakes missing tackles not making your blocks missing your assignments not executing creating penalties dropping passes yes Mr. CD lamb or not getting big sacks yes Mr. Parsons..

You wanna know my point my point is that there are so many more names you can add to a list stop picking three of them and that includes the original poster they're far more guys we're gonna need to count on better one the three-year players because it's hard for them to step up this is 53 players 22 starters and a coaching staff that are all need to be held accountable not just a couple of names....
Not sure what your point is. Don't care about other chokers. The question was 3 unproven players on this roster. Sure.... having some fun with it, but yes, Dak, Tank and Zack are all in the same boat on unproven in Playoffs. They are the leaders of our team. They are the veterans who mold the young guys. They are also paid the big bucks. Should be getting more from our veteran leaders. They may not have a Coach tag, but I'd argue that veteran leaders in the locker room are for more important than any assistant coach leadership.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure what your point is. Don't care about other chokers. The question was 3 unproven players on this roster. Sure.... having some fun with it, but yes, Dak, Tank and Zack are all in the same boat on unproven in Playoffs. They are the leaders of our team. They are the veterans who mold the young guys. They are also paid the big bucks. Should be getting more from our veteran leaders. They may not have a Coach tag, but I'd argue that veteran leaders in the locker room are for more important than any assistant coach leadership.
The point is you left out the other fifty players they're all responsible so are the coaching staff so is the fact that they didn't make any kind of game plan or in game adjustments to help this team... From top to bottom we've been losing in the playoffs because of a handful of players that made it tough on the rest of the team the team lost it's a team game that's the point

fivetwos

Reaction score

While I'm on a coffee rant .

how about DeMarco Murray of one of the worst plays in big game, fumbles in huge hole with little contact, literally going to help memorialized Tony romo's career had he not fumbled that ball going up the middle and the Green Bay game that's right, how about Dan Bailey one of our best kickers ever missed 2 kicks in that same game, and then you have the referees with the Dez Bryant thing ohh in the same game...

We can do this forever, but it doesn't take many positions to have an off game to lose a game in the NFL because it is a lot of moving pieces it's the truest form of a team game there is..

I mean,

all I remember from 2022 is the 11 penalties on the offensive line that's the biggest reason we lost and then you have the four on the defensive line you can't have all those penalties and expect to win a game but hey let's blame Prescott let's keep his name #1 even though that would be Zach Martin and that offensive line has not come through like the 70s and 90s Cowboys offensive lines and that's where it starts in the trenches ie no pysicality or run games in any of those losses,

then you can go to the defensive line you can't win games making mistakes missing tackles not making your blocks missing your assignments not executing creating penalties dropping passes yes Mr. CD lamb or not getting big sacks yes Mr. Parsons..

You want to know my point my point is that there are so many more names you can add to a list stop picking three of them and that includes the original poster they're far more guys we're going to need to count on better one the three-year players because it's hard for them to step up this is 53 players 22 starters and a coaching staff that are all need to be held accountable not just a couple of names....

Let me be clear Tony Romo or Prescott did not allow Aaron Rodgers to beat them in the fourth quarter of those two playoff games let me be even more clear Tony Romo or Prescott did not fumble the ball in those games.... how many be more clear, they didn't do all the bad blocking ,they didn't have no run game, they didn't have 11 penalties 14 penalties total!!! they also didn't give up 278 yards on the ground in one game they also didn't let debo Samuels have 10 yards per carry in the first half of a game they're not the ones who dropped sure interceptions or didn't break up passes!!!

They weren't the ones that broke off their routes, they weren't the ones that had balls hit them in the hands and didn't catch it, they were not the ones that called bad plays or did not execute, they weren't the ones that created the game plans....
That Murray play hurts. It’s never mentioned because of the Dez play…but Murray was GONE. Out of nowhere comes the mitt of Julius Peppers and the game changes severely.

The Dez play doesn’t bother me. That one does. Truly a game of inches.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The point is you left out the other fifty players they're all responsible so are the coaching staff so is the fact that they didn't make any kind of game plan or in game adjustments to help this team... From top to bottom we've been losing in the playoffs because of a handful of players that made it tough on the rest of the team the team lost it's a team game that's the point
Leaders take ownership and don't blame it on other players.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Leaders take ownership and don't blame it on other players.
You know what's IRONIC, you are not a player ie you're doing the blaming ,this place and the fan base is doing the blaming,

these players are not blaming each other, they're just not good enough, cumulatively as a team they aren't getting it done. It's a fact ,it's not blaming, you can't do it on your own, 4 good players ,4 elite players on a team cannot do it by themselves... that's why there are groups on this team like in the trenches that have to play well for the rest of them to do their jobs...

The blaming isn't here the excuses is in here it's in the fan base it is not within the team... I think you guys don't know how to distinguish the difference, most of what's being said is on the media and the social media and sports in general blame the superstar, the ones the most money but they can't win games on their own , it's just not possible...​
There's a reason there's 11 on 11 and those players have to all do their job because just one or two of them having an off day can lose you a game when you're playing a team that's either slightly better or on the same level as you the difference between winning and losing is like a hair it's a slim margin that's why even after playing now you get close to our capabilities we only lost games to the Rams by 8 to the 49ers by 6 and eight I mean those are slim margins it's those small things by the rest of the team not doing their jobs especially in the trenches that are losing our games...​

The players can hold themselves accountable all they want but it doesn't matter those handful of stars are not actually how teams are made-up they're made-up of role players literally you have five guys you're naming and you split that up to both sides of the ball that means there's like at least eight other players on each side of the ball and that includes more so on special teams and then you have coaching literally this is the Ultimate Team game, you're acting like these players got to take ownership and create a win? how ?? can't win a game on their own!!

literally can't block for themselves, they can't run or pass if the trenches are broke, if people are missing tackles ,if they're dropping interceptions, if they're missing tackles, if they're executing in a way that wasn't part of the play meaning it only takes one bad block on the offensive line to ruin the whole entire play you let a guy run free towards the quarterback or get the running back down in the backfield the play is over you do realize that, I don't care how good our five best players are they still can't win alone...

This fanbase it's saying that they're not taking ownership this fan base is saying that they're making excuses but that's not a fact they can only do so much...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

3 unproven players who need to breakout for the Dallas Cowboys in 2024​

Story by Shane Taylor, Inside The Star

With the Dallas Cowboys doing nothing in the 2024 free agent pool, this team will need the young players to step up this season.

If the Cowboys don't get production from any of the younger players on the roster, the season could all be over by the time they hit Thanksgiving.

That said, let's look at a few players who need to find their groove this season so the Cowboys have any chance of competing.

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Mazi Smith
3. T.J. Bass

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=6f9d1f5ac7e94567936fc4433ee89fe6&ei=26
Think you can add 3 more.....make or break seasons

Gohlston
Steele
Clarke

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You know what's IRONIC, you are not a player ie you're doing the blaming ,this place and the fan base is doing the blaming,

these players are not blaming each other, they're just not good enough, cumulatively as a team they aren't getting it done. It's a fact ,it's not blaming, you can't do it on your own, 4 good players ,4 elite players on a team cannot do it by themselves... that's why there are groups on this team like in the trenches that have to play well for the rest of them to do their jobs...

The blaming isn't here the excuses is in here it's in the fan base it is not within the team... I think you guys don't know how to distinguish the difference, most of what's being said is on the media and the social media and sports in general blame the superstar, the ones the most money but they can't win games on their own , it's just not possible...​
There's a reason there's 11 on 11 and those players have to all do their job because just one or two of them having an off day can lose you a game when you're playing a team that's either slightly better or on the same level as you the difference between winning and losing is like a hair it's a slim margin that's why even after playing now you get close to our capabilities we only lost games to the Rams by 8 to the 49ers by 6 and eight I mean those are slim margins it's those small things by the rest of the team not doing their jobs especially in the trenches that are losing our games...​

The players can hold themselves accountable all they want but it doesn't matter those handful of stars are not actually how teams are made-up they're made-up of role players literally you have five guys you're naming and you split that up to both sides of the ball that means there's like at least eight other players on each side of the ball and that includes more so on special teams and then you have coaching literally this is the Ultimate Team game, you're acting like these players got to take ownership and create a win? how ?? can't win a game on their own!!

literally can't block for themselves, they can't run or pass if the trenches are broke, if people are missing tackles ,if they're dropping interceptions, if they're missing tackles, if they're executing in a way that wasn't part of the play meaning it only takes one bad block on the offensive line to ruin the whole entire play you let a guy run free towards the quarterback or get the running back down in the backfield the play is over you do realize that, I don't care how good our five best players are they still can't win alone...

This fanbase it's saying that they're not taking ownership this fan base is saying that they're making excuses but that's not a fact they can only do so much...
You did the blaming pointing out everything you could on a backup who screwed up but the veteran pro bowler is blamed.