3 unproven players who need to breakout for the Dallas Cowboys in 2024

1942willys

Reaction score
You did the blaming pointing out everything you could on a backup who screwed up but the veteran pro bowler is blamed.
The guys that had the big mistakes and big penalties DESERVE to be highlighted. You left a lot of them out
Tell me dude what could Tony Romo have done to prevent Murray's fumble?
What could Dak Presscot have done to prevent idiotic penalties at the worst moment?
What can ANY OTHER PLAYER do about another players SCREW UP?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would add Sam Williams to that list as well. Dude needs to pick up the slack for both Armstrong and Fowler departing. But there is a sneaky option available there in Gholson. They could kick him back outside and have a nice rotational piece to take over for Armstrong and let Williams play the Fowler role. As I type this I am less concerned about the depth at DE than I was when I started this post. Both Gholson and Williams are good against the run and we know how explosive Williams is as a pass rusher. The Mazi thing you are dead on. HE won't have big personal stats but if we see our ILBs all getting TFLs and stuffs at the line then we will know Mazi is doing his job.
And Overshown.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson would come in and immediately supplant Clark in the starting line up. Clark was pretty solid when the d-line kept guards off him. The issue for him was frequently having to fight off 320 pound dudes to get to the ballcarrier. No linebacker is going to solve that problem no matter how talented. The big uglies gotta be better if we want our backers to be better.
Dumb Jerry listened to backstabbing Dan Quinn and got rid of two big uglies in Bohanna and Ridgeway. That's why we're going to suffer. Dumb crooked move.

Mcsports

Reaction score
It's insane to say that a 1st round pick needs 2 more years to "develop". Why take him so high if that's the case? Doesn't make sense.
Exactly. If it takes him two plus seasons to be productive , he ain’t first round worthy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

3 unproven players who need to breakout for the Dallas Cowboys in 2024​

Story by Shane Taylor, Inside The Star

With the Dallas Cowboys doing nothing in the 2024 free agent pool, this team will need the young players to step up this season.

If the Cowboys don't get production from any of the younger players on the roster, the season could all be over by the time they hit Thanksgiving.

That said, let's look at a few players who need to find their groove this season so the Cowboys have any chance of competing.

1. Jalen Tolbert
2. Mazi Smith
3. T.J. Bass

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=6f9d1f5ac7e94567936fc4433ee89fe6&ei=26
Sam Williams should be second on that list. This will be year three and so far he’s been somewhat of a disappointment. He showed flashes, then disappears. He commits a lot of boneheaded penalties and has had off the field issues. He reminds me of Randy Gregory.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You did the blaming pointing out everything you could on a backup who screwed up but the veteran pro bowler is blamed.
I just said the fans do it that doesn't make it true it was ohh pointing out all the holes in the team there were several players on all positions all along the team and the coaching staff that contributed to the loss that's the point none of these dudes are Superman I don't care how much money they make how big time they are the team needs to play as they practice as the game plan dictates as the coaches call the plays they need to be executed one or two or even 3 players get ruined the whole game by being out of position by not doing their job that's why you can't blame one person it's usually two or three or it's the game plan on a whole period end of story it's not the damn quarterback for damn sure... He's depending on 10 players all around him they all do their jobs as they practice and most of the time that's not getting done especially in the run game especially in the blocking but we've also seen cracks in the fact they can't get separation they break routes off they go the wrong direction it's just the way football is and that's why we say the team lost the entire team needs to step up not the three he chose on the original post or the three you post,

ALL 53 plus the coaches..

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The guys that had the big mistakes and big penalties DESERVE to be highlighted. You left a lot of them out
Tell me dude what could Tony Romo have done to prevent Murray's fumble?
What could Dak Presscot have done to prevent idiotic penalties at the worst moment?
What can ANY OTHER PLAYER do about another players SCREW UP?
Losers point the finger.

Can point to a million mistakes on any given Sunday.

I stand by my original point - 3 players Dak, Zack and Tank - the three veterans of the team, need to prove they are playoff leaders.

Almost a decade of experience for each one. It can't all be someone else's fault.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I remember when Williams said something about 10 sacks, he was off on that figure...

1942willys

Reaction score
Losers point the finger.

Can point to a million mistakes on any given Sunday.

I stand by my original point - 3 players Dak, Zack and Tank - the three veterans of the team, need to prove they are playoff leaders.

Almost a decade of experience for each one. It can't all be someone else's fault.
Frankly I think that is garbage. IF the heat is not on those making the big mistakes, then trying to blame others is beyond dumb