$30M+ a year for the 19th best at his position, or $15M a year for the best at his position?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Pollard is not going to be as good as many fans think he will be. There is too many high expectations being placed on him without any evidence that he can handle starting RB duties in the NFL. He couldn’t even carry the starting RB load in college. It looks like people are buying in on Jerry’s sales campaign .

Jerry Jones could sell salt to a slug.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
There are not 16 teams that would pay Dak $30 million. You would be hard pressed to find one team.

For the record, I am not anti-Dak. His highest value is in Dallas. His best leverage is there is nobody to replace him and he is correct. His leverage isn’t what other teams would pay him.

Within two years there will be 16 or more teams paying 30M/yr for their QBs.

Why dont people understand this simple concept: the number "30 million" is as much a reflection of the market growth as a reflection of Dak's talent.

Whine all you want, Dak and a bunch of QBs worse than Dak are going to be paid 30M/YR or more in 2 more offseasons tops.

You cant just pull up a list of QB deals and say "talent wise, Dak belongs between these two guys" because that kind of evaluation totally ignores the growth of the salary cap.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Dak with Cooper was a top 5 QB.

look-into-my-eyes.jpg

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
The dude is young, mobile, big as a linebacker and wins games. There are 16 teams who would drop 30mil+ in a heartbeat for his services. This BS that he's not "quality" at the most important position in all of professional sports is crazy.
I genuinely like Dak. I think he’s a great guy, a great leader and an average NFL QB. But I do think Zeke is the better football player and I don’t think that’s a knock on Dak.

My point actually acknowledges that Dak gets the big money because he’s much harder to replace. An average NFL QB is valuable when the drop off from average to your backup is huge.

I have no idea how anyone took my post as attacking Dak. lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would post E-40's I can sell it video but the mods may get mad.
I remember helping E 40 sell CD's out of his trunk at a flea market on 290, outside of Austin.
I just started doing it. My girlfriend was like: what are you doing?

jnday

Reaction score

Why dont people understand this simple concept: the number "30 million" is as much a reflection of the market growth as a reflection of Dak's talent.

Whine all you want, Dak and a bunch of QBs worse than Dak are going to be paid 30M/YR or more in 2 more offseasons tops.

You cant just pull up a list of QB deals and say "talent wise, Dak belongs between these two guys" because that kind of evaluation totally ignores the growth of the salary cap.
I understand that 30 million can sign better QBs than Dak. That is all that matters because it is overpaying when there are better players at the position that are playing for much less.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Amazing how Dak with Cooper in the lineup, completing 71.6% is called average. So unless he completes 80%, he is average.
When Cooper got here Dak was top 5 in almost every stat as a QB. People are using the entire year when he had Thompson and Hurns as the top receivers before Cooper. Watch what Dak does this season with a full year of Cooper and Cobb plus Gallups huge leap in development.

sunalsorises

Reaction score

I don’t care if Dallas pays Dak $30 million. I’m simply saying if Dak were an unrestricted free agent right now there are not 16 teams that would give him that kind of money. Dak simply does not have that kind of value to half the teams in the league. He does, however, have that kind of value in Dallas.

I would also predict that the owners band together and figure out how to stop the rising price of the QB position before they all start having to hand out $30 million contracts. It’s why Zeke (different position) is holding out now, no?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Pollard is not going to be as good as many fans think he will be. There is too many high expectations being placed on him without any evidence that he can handle starting RB duties in the NFL. He couldn’t even carry the starting RB load in college. It looks like people are buying in on Jerry’s sales campaign .
I respect your thoughts but college and the pros are different. Not only that we have no idea what Pollard can or can't do in the pros. So to say he can't or won't is silly. It's possible don't get me wrong but neither side knows until we kick off week 1 and see what he can do.

jnday

Reaction score
First off, Zeke isn’t the best.
Secondly, Dak isn’t the 19th best.
Third, you think Zeke only wants 15 million? Ahahahahahahahahaha. Ban this guy.
Zeke has been the leading rusher in the league every season that he plays in all the games. Who is a better all around RB? You are right, Dak was rated 18th in the league until the last couple of games, but I have seen him rated 25th by some ratings. You are wrong if you think Zeke wouldn’t be happy with 15 million.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have to make a new thread for every thought that runs through your head.
If it bothers you get the ***** outta here! Freaking nerd!
Oh, sorry. Just realized you went the TT. My bad.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The dude is young, mobile, big as a linebacker and wins games. There are 16 teams who would drop 30mil+ in a heartbeat for his services. This BS that he's not "quality" at the most important position in all of professional sports is crazy.
Actually they were discussing this topic on the local sports radio station on my drive home. They came up with the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Titans, Jags as the only ones who might want Dak’s services. They said all the other teams already have their qb in place. All agreed that Dak is not a top 10 qb.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

It's not how much you pay a guy it's a question of how much you pay someone relative to what they are worth.

BTW you're exaggerating greatly how many teams will be paying their qbs this much money. There are 4 guys there now. Dak would make 5. What 11 qbs are going to reset higher than Dak in the next 2 years?