$30M+ a year for the 19th best at his position, or $15M a year for the best at his position?

jnday

Reaction score
I respect your thoughts but college and the pros are different. Not only that we have no idea what Pollard can or can't do in the pros. So to say he can't or won't is silly. It's possible don't get me wrong but neither side knows until we kick off week 1 and see what he can do.
I know that he has done absolutely nothing in his life that would indicate that he will be a good starting RB in the NFL. I wish he had shown that ability, but he has never shown anything close to it. I wish him well, but I think he is going to really disappoint everybody that has high expectations for him. It is really not fair to him to even for these expectations to be put on him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke has been the leading rusher in the league every season that he plays in all the games. Who is a better all around RB? You are right, Dak was rated 18th in the league until the last couple of games, but I have seen him rated 25th by some ratings. You are wrong if you think Zeke wouldn’t be happy with 15 million.
No you are wrong. Why would he take less than Bell and Gurley? According to you he’s the best back in the league so why would he not take the most mone?

And anyone who rates Dak 18th or higher is a idiot. That’s just silly.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you are wrong. Why would he take less than Bell and Gurley? According to you he’s the best back in the league so why would he not take the most mone?

And anyone who rates Dak 18th or higher is a idiot. That’s just silly.

But very very True......:omg: and let's not forget he runs the 29th Red-Zone offense.
In fact in certain NFL circles his nick name is Field Goal Dak......

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Actually they were discussing this topic on the local sports radio station on my drive home. They came up with the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Titans, Jags as the only ones who might want Dak’s services. They said all the other teams already have their qb in place. All agreed that Dak is not a top 10 qb.

With Cooper he was top 5. I'll agree to facts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually they were discussing this topic on the local sports radio station on my drive home. They came up with the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Titans, Jags as the only ones who might want Dak’s services. They said all the other teams already have their qb in place. All agreed that Dak is not a top 10 qb.
I mean it’s easy to not give Dak his due. The narrative is he’s being carried by his team. It’s like the narrative that Romo is a choke artist. It’s a old and outdated but easy narrative.

irishline

Reaction score
lol, the guy who didn't show up vs the Rams vs the guy who showed up in all his playoff games and plays his best in the 4th quarter.

Still with this? Again who gets credit for the wins Dak or Zeke? If we lost to the Rams because of Zeke than did we win against the others because of him or not? The Rams played to take Zeke out of the game with loaded boxes, anyone not named you has pointed that out repeatedly. They forced Dak to beat them and he did what he was suppose to do by taking advantage. Why not bring up the defense? They are the reason we lost, but that doesn't fit your narrative... which at this point is...

xig8k.jpg

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I know that he has done absolutely nothing in his life that would indicate that he will be a good starting RB in the NFL. I wish he had shown that ability, but he has never shown anything close to it. I wish him well, but I think he is going to really disappoint everybody that has high expectations for him. It is really not fair to him to even for these expectations to be put on him.
You can't compare what someone does in college or anything else to what they will do in the league. Sure you have projections, no argument there, but in reality no one knows how good or bad a player will do until the games count and we see them. All the time players are drafted high because of college and they bust, you have players drafted low or undrafted because of college and turn out to be really good players. Until we see him play against legit players we don't have a clue how he will do. He could turn out to be the greatest, you don't know. He could turn out to be trash, I don't know.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Forget which position it is.

Which do you pay?

The latter... it's a NO BRAINER.

It really is a mindless question.

First off, Dak is NOT the 19th best, he is higher then that and climbing fast.

2nd.......Zeke is not the best at his position and certainly the biggest idiot RB in the NFL.

And 3rd.........A QB is 30 times more valuable than a RB.

You could spend 10 years trying to find the next Dak and you could spend one offseason and a 3rd round pick to replace Zeke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard is not going to be as good as many fans think he will be. There is too many high expectations being placed on him without any evidence that he can handle starting RB duties in the NFL. He couldn’t even carry the starting RB load in college. It looks like people are buying in on Jerry’s sales campaign .

Why couldnt he handle the starting RB duties in college? That is false.

Another bone headed statement from an uneducated poster.

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Jerry Jones could sell salt to a slug.

Why do Jerry & “his” Boys still not understand how to spend money in the NFL? Do you think for a second that the Patriots would be putting up with such B.S. from a RB under contract & a QB who isn’t Tom Brady? This years team has been called by many as the most talented team in the league but somehow the will screw it up again! I’m sick & tired of our team underachieving every year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do Jerry & “his” Boys still not understand how to spend money in the NFL? Do you think for a second that the Patriots would be putting up with such B.S. from a RB under contract & a QB who isn’t Tom Brady? This years team has been called by many as the most talented team in the league but somehow the will screw it up again! I’m sick & tired of our team underachieving every year.

Books will be written about the talent on this team.

Yes, plural. Books.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Still with this? Again who gets credit for the wins Dak or Zeke? If we lost to the Rams because of Zeke than did we win against the others because of him or not? The Rams played to take Zeke out of the game with loaded boxes, anyone not named you has pointed that out repeatedly. They forced Dak to beat them and he did what he was suppose to do by taking advantage. Why not bring up the defense? They are the reason we lost, but that doesn't fit your narrative... which at this point is...

Yup, Zeke REFUSED to run to the outside vs the Rams.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
It's not how much you pay a guy it's a question of how much you pay someone relative to what they are worth.

BTW you're exaggerating greatly how many teams will be paying their qbs this much money. There are 4 guys there now. Dak would make 5. What 11 qbs are going to reset higher than Dak in the next 2 years?

June 22nd, 2017. It is announced that Derek Carr has signed a deal averaging 25M/YR and is now the highest paid in the league.

About 2 years and 1 month later, 8 guys are ahead of him. 6 are averaging 30M or more, counting Brady.

8 guys jumped the 25M hurdle in 2 years, a time period that began with the market being set at 25M/YR by Derek Carr.

The current market is set at 35M/YR by R. Wilson. 6 are already above 30M/YR, counting Brady. Heck yes I believe 10 QBs can make this jump if 8 QBs cleared that bigger one. They can be 5M short of setting the current market and still be above 30M.

Put another way, 20M was 5M less than the market setting contract in 2017. There are currently 18 people over that mark. 16 people are at 21M or more in 2 years since the market set to 25M.

Who are they gonna be? There's some obvious options like Maholmes but there's gonna be several flashes in the pan getting dumb deals that we cant predict. I wouldnt have predicted 27.5 for Garoppolo or 28 for Cousins.

I'm not saying I like it, but face it, this is how the modern NFL works.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

Last edited: