#32 ranked defense at the turn. Dead last

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Sadly... As long as we put up a few points and get a couple of turnovers the majority of you will be fine with a great losing effort. $%^& that.

Who? Name one person on this board who will be happy we lose that isn't an obvious troll.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Who? Name one person on this board who will be happy we lose that isn't an obvious troll.

It's satisfaction with the effort. It will happen if we lose in the same fashion as what the Steelers are doing right now.. I've seen it explained away too many times on this board.

Some of us have adopted the Romo/Ware/Witten "ho hum guys. we'll get em next time" approach after a loss.

scottsp

Reaction score
I don't know how you can totally trash the planning.

Of course, we should never had relied on Rat. Writing was on the wall. That's the only thing I take issue with.

Spencer was coming off a career year. How were we to know the knee would act up? Crawford gets hurt the first drill of TC. How was that poor planning? Ben Bass is lost for the season. How was that bad planning? We had solid depth. No team would be looking great had they suffered as many early season ending injuries at one position as we have. It's not like we went into camp with nothing. We had some players. We have been slammed on one position. It's amazing how one position seems to get hit each year.

Two years ago, it was Cb and safety. Last year it was LB. This year it's DL.

And that's fine. I would just say, Spencer suffered this one after going under the knife in July. Not so sure I would believe everything the club is putting out there with regards to their knowledge of the situation, but that's another story. In other words, I don't know for a fact we ever really felt confident in Spencer being a reliable option for 2013 (or beyond).

I like Ben Bass, but again, coming out of the draft this thing looked like 31 year-old DeMarcus Ware and... some guys. There was never depth here. Any injury was going to seem catastrophic just based on the fact the DL corps were paper thin to begin with.

Looking around the league, a lot of guys get hurt every week. I would prefer to go thin in a number of areas before either line. Of course, I don't blame any injury on the club; I do cast a curious eye, though, when we start the season so reliant on undrafted free agents and castoffs from other rosters. I mean, there are some gems to be mined there, but it's certainly not a starting point.

Kingsham

Reaction score
Even though this is true..it is mainly because of the pass defense which, yardage-wise is the worst.

BUT BUT BUT...we are #2 in takeaways, behind Seattle which has to count for something...right?