#32 ranked defense at the turn. Dead last

TVMan

Reaction score
Any scheme requires continuity. Doesn't matter how old the DC is or how tired it all seems. Fact is there has been zero continuity due to injuries. It is what it is. Same could have been said for Ryan's scheme last year.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
It's ridiculous to claim our defense is "dead last" when we're second in takeaways.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Any scheme requires continuity. Doesn't matter how old the DC is or how tired it all seems. Fact is there has been zero continuity due to injuries. It is what it is. Same could have been said for Ryan's scheme last year.

And look what happened to him. Pink slip.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This defense REQUIRES talent in the front 4. We invested in CBs. It actually is a bad marriage. Because you don't need to be super talented CB to play Cover-2. The one place this defense has little in the way of draft picks spent, money invested is the DL. Until the talent in the DL gets better, this defense will struggle. I personally think we need to start dialing up more blitzes. QBs are WAY to comfortable against Dallas. We have already give up the most 400 yard passers in one season! With 8 games to go! Pitiful!

black label

Reaction score
Spencer
Ratliff
Crawford
Bass
Brent
Ware

spencer-selvie has played just about as good as Spencer
Ratliff-this one hurts
Crawford-this also hurts although that's why you have to have a good roster from top to bottom
Bass-is not a pro bowler
Brent-see above
ware-Why is he here? how many games did he play this year?

Monte is no match for the new NFL,
Yes injuries have hurt but the sooner the batteries are changed on Monte's wheel chair the quicker we can roll him out of town.

ghst187

Reaction score
anyone else think Ponder will end up looking like an all-pro MVP against us today? That's usually what happens to crummy QBs, they look like all-stars against us.
If Weeden could've played us several times a year, the Browns would probably think he's their long term solution.

Deep_South

Reaction score
anyone else think Ponder will end up looking like an all-pro MVP against us today? That's usually what happens to crummy QBs, they look like all-stars against us.
If Weeden could've played us several times a year, the Browns would probably think he's their long term solution.

You don't think Sean Lee will be Ponder's top receiver over the middle today? That's what I'm hoping to see. ;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The whole Ryan during was odd to me. On one hand, I was pissed that his scheme faded down the stretch. On the other hand, I wondered if we were being a bit premature in replacing him before giving his scheme a chance to work. We will never know exactly to what soured his stay in Dallas. However, we do know that when given the opportunity to have complete autonomy over his defensive success opposite a real HC that doesn't place him in position to fail often, he does pretty well on the defensive side of the ball.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We lace up our cleats the same way 31other teams do every week. Why is it acceptable for us to use the same ol tired injury excuse? We would not accept the same from our opponents. Champions time a way to win on a regular basis. Sometimes they win ugly too. It is the mark of a champ.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Realistically.. 7-9 or 8-8 might win our division this year. That very well could be us. A lot of positive things have to happen in order for that to happen though. The offense needs to find a way to sustain drives longer to keep the defense fresher. DeMarco needs to be fed the rock. Our defense also needs to play as one entity. While the success of the secondary does depend on dline push, we also need players back there that are mentally strong. Start OScan until Claiborne realizes he is no longer at LSU.
Man I read this and bust out laughing...the scheme kiffen and sarge is tired..very funny!

10 - 6 seems a stretch. Giants and Bears on the road might both be hazardous. Brees and Rodgers look like real beatdowns, especially without Claiborne or some other occurring injury to the secondary.

The Cowboys don't have patience anywhere but the head coach and the offense he runs, one which it seems has reached the zenith of its potency and at times its usefulness. Bringing in Claiborne, who is primarily a man coverage guy and then immediately overhauling to 4-3 cover 1/2 zone leaves one scratching one's head for sure. The turnovers are up, but the unit is a sieve against teams with winning records and above average quarterback play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is 17th in Points-per-Game allowed and 2nd in takeaways.

I don't care how many yards they give up. They can stay at #32 in that category if they improve in Point-per-Game allowed and keep getting the turnovers.

When Tampa went to the Super Bowl, that defense was know to give up yards but limit scoring.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

I don't care how many yards they give up. They can stay at #32 in that category if they improve in Point-per-Game allowed and keep getting the turnovers.

When Tampa went to the Super Bowl, that defense was know to give up yards but limit scoring.

While true, there's still a limit to just how much you can let the other team run up and down the field on you. If you're giving up 600+ yards, you're going to have a real hard time winning.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Rankings...
Total yards allowed: 32
First downs allowed: 32
Passing Defense: 32
Rushing Defense: 24
Giveaways vs Takeaways: #1

The giveaways vs takeaways is a meaningless silver lining to me. If were were tighter in the other categories on defense, it would carry more importance. It is the sustained drives that kill us regularly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Deep_South

Reaction score
Cowboys average TOP through first 8 games - 30 minutes 17 seconds.

perrykemp

Reaction score

The 2002 Buccaneers, the team that won the Superbowl, was the #1 ranked (best) team in the NFL for yards allowed and #1 team is points allowed.