38 is the weak link on defense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You make the choice as late as possible. Very easy to cover both of the guys running free before the ball was thrown. A couple yards to the left and Heath makes the tackle, maybe prevents the catch.
Covering 55 yards is not "very easy", but yes, it helps if the safety is shading the right way. In this case Heath was shaded to the loaded side of the field rather than the single receiver side of the field.

dfense

Reaction score
Jeff Heath is our Strong Safety. His key role is run support.

Xavier Woods is our Free Safety. He is the one responsible more for the pass.

You guys are directing your anger at the wrong Safety.
Heath is in the box 50% of the time. When Cowboys go with 2 LBs, Heath is the 3rd. He gets assigned TEs in certain coverages and I didn't hear much from Ertz until the 3rd quarter.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Darn smart replace. But seriously...Brown is horrible.
Wrong.

I did a review of both Brown and Lewis back in the March time frame.

Both played about 800 snaps in 2017.

Lewis was the starting Nickel CB in 2 games in 2018 and the Dime DB in some others.

There was no proof that Lewis is better than Brown. Each have some things they do better than the other.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's starting because they have no one better.

Again, Heath was a horrid tackler in 2017 and 2018. He's been better this year but I am not sure where this notion started that he's a great tackling safety started. He certainly wasn't that the previous two years.
I think people equate "hard hitting" with "good tackling", which isn't correct.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you guys notice how much better our defense plays wirh Jourdan Lewis is playing? It's no coincidence that he always makes a few plays whenever his number is called..I like him starting over Awuzie but that's just me.

Lewis has no played outside CB in 2018 or 2019.

There is no way to know how he compares to Awuzie who is an outside CB.

The Cowboys played more base (3 LBs) in the 1st half than most games the past several years. The majority of the snaps Lewis played were in the 2nd half when the Cowboys significantly up on the scoreboard.

Sydla

Reaction score
Heath is in the box 50% of the time. When Cowboys go with 2 LBs, Heath is the 3rd. He gets assigned TEs in certain coverages and I didn't hear much from Ertz until the 3rd quarter.

I believe they said in telecast Ertz either had Jones on him or was often double covered.

Heath found himself on Goedert quite a bit and got beat a few times. He was not good in pass D last night.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Wrong.

I did a review of both Brown and Lewis back in the March time frame.

Both played about 800 snaps in 2017.

Lewis was the starting Nickel CB in 2 games in 2018 and the Dime DB in some others.

There was no proof that Lewis is better than Brown. Each have some things they do better than the other.
Love your posts, brother. But I have seen everything I need to see to know that Brown is sorry and needs to go. Lewis is arguably our most instinctive corner and, in my view, has the highest ceiling in terms of ball skills. It’s not even close. So please...just stop. You’re ruining your legacy with this nonsense. Lol.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love your posts, brother. But I have seen everything I need to see to know that Brown is sorry and needs to go. Lewis is arguably our most instinctive corner and, in my view, has the highest ceiling in terms of ball skills. It’s not even close. So please...just stop. You’re ruining your legacy with this nonsense. Lol.

Have you reviewed all of the snaps that both players have played for Cowboys?

Did you see that on the big 92 yard TD pass by the Jets that Lewis forgot to cover the slot WR which forced Heath to stay on that side causing Heath to be delayed getting over to defend the long pass after Awuzie fell down?

Lewis and Brown each played about 800 snaps in 2017. Brown had 2 INTs and Lewis had 1.

Do you know how many snaps Lewis played in the 2018 Saints game which is the one than many fans reference as Lewis "shutting down" Kamara?

robbieruff

Reaction score
Have you reviewed all of the snaps that both players have played for Cowboys?

Did you see that on the big 92 yard TD pass by the Jets that Lewis forgot to cover the slot WR which forced Heath to stay on that side causing Heath to be delayed getting over to defend the long pass after Awuzie fell down?

Lewis and Brown each played about 800 snaps in 2017. Brown had 2 INTs and Lewis had 1.

Do you know how many snaps Lewis played in the 2018 Saints game which is the one than many fans reference as Lewis "shutting down" Kamara?
No...I just believe my lyin’ eyes. Lighten up, Francis.

ESisback

Reaction score
Well, you won't find me in this thread until this last page and I am definitely not whining!

No probs! This is just aimed at the relatively small group that constantly gripes about how absolutely worthless Heath is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm no Heath fan but the weakest link IMO is our defensive tackles. Followed by the safeties.

If the Dline Whisperer can't do something with the new scrub in town, I don't see how DT gets better this year. They are what they are.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yer' a scrubby bum of the lowest levels of whining fandomo_O

Sincerely:#38