3rd and 3 and they pass?

snadler

Reaction score
Yea the boys won, but let’s be clear that was one of the dumbest play calls in recent history. The only explanation was MM had boys at -9.5. How do you not run it in that spot, yes the defense got the stop but it should have never come down to that. If they lost the game he should have been fired for that play call.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Yea the boys won, but let’s be clear that was one of the dumbest play calls in recent history. The only explanation was MM had boys at -9.5. How do you not run it in that spot, yes the defense got the stop but it should have never come down to that. If they lost the game he should have been fired for that play call.
Omg.

You should def submit your application to be a HC.

Carson

Reaction score
This is my confusion with Mike.

He is either super aggressive or over conservative.

Not taking the 3 and the lead then on fourth not getting it.

Not going for two to make it 28-28

The 3rd and 3 at the end.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don’t think it is a bad decision to pass but I want a high percentage completion pass that has a good chance to get the first

snadler

Reaction score

Agreed, he’s not consistent for sure

DezTroy97

Reaction score

Not going for two to make it 28-28 was smart.

If they miss and Seattle scores (which they did), you’re down two possessions. I agreed with that call.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I like the call. You get the TD it's completely game over.

I maybe would have liked a different pass play but I like the aggressiveness.
Agree. It was an agressive call. The thought was that the db would bite hard protecting against the first down. My biggest issue is that there was no counter if it wasn't there. The db didn't bite and the play was over. On one hand, you went to your best offensive weapon and went for the kill shot. No gonna lose my mind but there were better options.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
McCarthy choked. Just another reason why he can't be trusted in a big game in January. That was some of the worst situational management I've ever seen.

3rd and 3 with 1:52 left - Seattle is out of timeouts. Run the ball! Either you pick up the 1st down or you get a few yards closer and you run 40 seconds off the clock. Then you can kick the FG and force Seattle to get a TD with only 1 minute and no timeouts. OR, if it's a short 4th down, you might even go for it to end the game.

Praxit

Reaction score
.yep that just terrible play call. Lets hope MM gets his mind around this.