3rd and 3 and they pass?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I like aggression, but it was the wrong kind.

You run on 3rd, get to 4th and 1 and then end the game there

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
There was no timeout. It was 40 seconds of clock. Which is worth more than points.
I’m agreeing with you. whatever the play-call is, it has to end in forcing Seattle to call their last timeout, if you don’t get the 1st down.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Our execution in the redzone is still an issue. Was having PTSD regarding the end of the philly game. We're growing though. This is a game that we may have lost in prior years. Think Jacksonville 2022.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea the boys won, but let’s be clear that was one of the dumbest play calls in recent history. The only explanation was MM had boys at -9.5. How do you not run it in that spot, yes the defense got the stop but it should have never come down to that. If they lost the game he should have been fired for that play call.
The real crime was kicking the FG to make a one-score game into a one-score game. You never want to do that. Take the extra chance at the first down.

When a team is down 3 at the end, they play for the FG and overtime, which only gives them a 50% chance to win. When they're down 6, they go for the win. Up 3 is better than up 6 in that situation. And passing up on the chance for a first down to go up 6 is terrible.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy threw out the analytics play call cards after the SF loss!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
What would a bad nfl postgame show be?

I’m thinking emmitt smith, joe horn, Tim biakabatuka and Percy Harvin

Those 4 would have weird chemistry

Carson

Reaction score
Not going for two to make it 28-28 was smart.

If they miss and Seattle scores (which they did), you’re down two possessions. I agreed with that call.
No absolutely. But hes playing conservative. But later he refuses to take the lead and we don’t get the 4th. That’s mostly what I’m getting at.

You obviously change how aggressive throughout the game. However, it seems for him it’s drive to drive

Jenky

Reaction score
The real crime was kicking the FG to make a one-score game into a one-score game. You never want to do that. Take the extra chance at the first down.

When a team is down 3 at the end, they play for the FG and overtime, which only gives them a 50% chance to win. When they're down 6, they go for the win. Up 3 is better than up 6 in that situation. And passing up on the chance for a first down to go up 6 is terrible.
I don’t think so. In today’s nfl it’s easier to get into field goal range and tie than it is to go the length of the field and score a TD at the end. Going up 6 adds tremendous pressure and you saw Seattle fold at the end.

popp1234

Reaction score
This is my confusion with Mike.

He is either super aggressive or over conservative.

Not taking the 3 and the lead then on fourth not getting it.

Not going for two to make it 28-28

The 3rd and 3 at the end.
I always thought the ONE biggest thing about Bill Belichick that separated him from other coaches was using common sense in big moments. So many coaches at every level lack that. McCarthy lacked common sense tonight and it could have cost the Cowboys the game.

ICP

Reaction score
Yea the boys won, but let’s be clear that was one of the dumbest play calls in recent history. The only explanation was MM had boys at -9.5. How do you not run it in that spot, yes the defense got the stop but it should have never come down to that. If they lost the game he should have been fired for that play call.
Agreed, gotta run the ball and eat clock

loublue22

Reaction score
the worst part is that it was a TD route, a first down was as good as a TD, technically better. asinine call, defense woke up and bailed him out.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The call worked. CD just dropped it.

:huh:I'm inebriated right now so if I'm thinking about another play throw some rotted tomatoes at me and ignore my post. :cool:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

McCarthy continues to be a clock and game managing dunce.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Isn't that why they finally canned McCarthy up in Green Bay?? Clock Management...He sucks at it...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
No way.

You run it, clock goes to around 1:20 and you kick it.

Seattle was fully capable of getting chunk plays and into FG range
No way Bc you can just get the 4th and win plus you leave them down there if you don’t

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Penalties continue to be a huge problem. On both sides of the ball.

Time management continues to be a significant issue as well… situational football awareness is lacking, the 3rd and 3 at the end is a perfect example.

But— they beat a highly motivated winning team, while they didn’t play their best football. 3 wins in 11 days is impressive any way you slice it.

Room for improvement— but they have earned the right to go punch Philly in the mouth next week. Love how they are fighting for each other right now— and Dak is playing better than any QB in the league right now. Simply amazing