Twitter: 3rd and 7 decision

Nav22

Reaction score
Yep, probably should’ve ran it.

Don’t force what’s not there, Dak. You’re better than that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This picture doesn't tell the whole story. Where is the LB or DB? I'm pretty sure they are just out of the picture. Even if Dak had run for a 3-4 yards gain, it would have left a 4th down and 3 or 4 which would have resulted in a FG anyhow.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’d have to see another angle but there a DL right there? He has the angle on Dak in that position and Dak is 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. I honestly would’ve called a running play there and at least make it 4th and 3/4.

What we can't see is who is behind the sticks and how far away they are. But Dak could easily out dodge that fat slob in the open field.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
What we can't see is who is behind the sticks and how far away they are. But Dak could easily out dodge that fat slob in the open field.
I don’t know, I didn’t agree with the play call in the first place. There’s no way he gets that first down he’s 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage still. The Patriots “Fat slobs” are athletic and don’t miss tackles.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is so dumb and why still pics hardly do situations justice. Dak is about 5 yards behind the line and the NE player was closing in right in his face. Dak is facing the opposite direction of where he would need to run. People will reach for anything and take still shots that don't tell the whole story.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
there was no 4 down mentality. The DT had the angle and at best we are left with 4th and 3 but like previously mentioned JG was dead set on kicking a FG if they didn't get the first down or touchdown and the playcalling reflected it.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dak actually made a good call there. He could have run, but he's not getting the first before the DBs come up. So he pulled up and threw to the end zone, and while that was a risky pass, it damn near worked. Jarwin caught the ball and went just a few inches out of bounds.

It would have been fun to see Dak cowboy it given all the crazy 3rd down runs he's had in the past, but I can't fault his decision making there. He made the right choice, it just didn't work out.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score

Do you honestly think that Dak believes that if he gets 3 yards his gutless coach would go for it? No, he knows that JG would kick the field goal so it puts pressure on him to try and force it. I was now or never for Dak. This isn't different than it was for Romo. JG put huge pressure on Romo to make magic happen or he would go conservative and the other team would run out fhe clock before Romo would get another chance. At the time I blamed Romo for trying to force the ball into a bad spot but now you see the same thing with Dak. Remember Dak came in the league with the attitude that his mom would kill him if he threw INT's. But he is playing against his coach!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is so dumb and why still pics hardly do situations justice. Dak is about 5 yards behind the line and the NE player was closing in right in his face. Dak is facing the opposite direction of where he would need to run. People will reach for anything and take still shots that don't tell the whole story.
Yeah, Dak is a good athlete but he not Lamar or even Driskel. He would have gotten popped if he ran. Jarwin ran out the back of the endzone.