3rd for Quincy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Qcard said:
No you didn't. You gave some vague response. Where exactly did you see the quote. I'll go fishing immediately. I where the crown proudly. Hopefully I can get Hos to put "King of Archivces" under my handle. ;)
With our next upgrades we'll be able to assign titles and I will give you that one.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I do not believe that the 89 season is relavent in this situation. The 89 team was terrible on both sides of the ball. In addition, I don't believe that Aikman was the starter for two of the three shut outs. I believe Aikman was knocked out in the AZ game and Walsh was the starting QB for the final two shut outs. Philly 27-0 and the Giants 15-0. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that this is not a good comparison.
I was just helping Michael jog his memory nothing more nothing less :rolleyes:

I've read your post. I guess we can agree to disagree on some points. I feel Carter can play poorly and the Cowboys could still be in the play-off hunt.... enter Vinny.

I don't think Henson's an option on this team to start unless a play-off run is out of the question. Only time will tell................

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qcard said:
Thats funny. I seem to recall a certain head coach stating the less reliant the offense is on the QB....................but then I know my argument is full of holes when I expect every aspect of the offense to function effectively and consistently for the QB to be successful.

The Quaterback position is the 1 of only 2 positions that depends on everyother position on the offense. If you can tell me without a doubt that every other position played effectivley and consistently well throughout the entire season, I'll lay the blame at the feet of Quincy Carter. If you can't then move along BECAUSE I WON'T WASTE TIME TRYING TO SWAY YOU BULLET PROOF ARGUMENT.

Honestly I could care less what a head coach says... I'm more interested in what I "see".

Will I tell you that all the other positions on the offense were solid? No of course not.

But I'm going to throw another point in this argument that has merit. I didn't come up with it originally, I think Junk did... but regardless. In the span of one season I seen periods of greatness out of Terrance Newman, I've seen periods of greatness out of Roy Williams. Back in 1989 I could look at Troy Aikman struggle and still say, "This kid has something". But I've yet to see greatness out of Quincy or anything that even resembles it.

I think the kid's upside is "average" at best. Yes, you might think that's good enough, and it may well be when it's all over and done with but I've been watching guys quarterback the Dallas Cowboys since Craig Morton and the idea of an "average" quarterback leading this team doesn't tickle my fancy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Qcard said:
I was just helping Michael jog his memory nothing more nothing less :rolleyes:

I've read your post. I guess we can agree to disagree on some points. I feel Carter can play poorly and the Cowboys could still be in the play-off hunt.... enter Vinny.

I don't think Henson's an option on this team to start unless a play-off run is out of the question. Only time will tell................

Fair enough. I do not believe we will see a repeat of last year. I think Q has to play well if we are going to be in it. Henson's probability of starting are directly tied to Carter's playing awful and Henson's ability to pick up the offense. Both have to happen inorder for any of this to be even a remote possability.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
You had to go and throw water on everything didn't you?

Sorry Hos.

But I'm sick of the argument that a good running game is necessary for a good passing game and visa versa. It simply isn't true. The running game is the running game and the passing game is the passing game. They may both be good or they may both stink at the same time but they are separate.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow.....I should have checked back in this thread long ago...but there is a part of me that just gets tired of the silly QC crap threads everyday...so I tend to not even view them.

However after getting a few PMs....I think it was way overdue for this thread to head to the smack forum.

Btw...I have PMed a few people....but I should go ahead and just say it in this thread.

Some of you need to grow up a little and look in the mirror...I have seen so many complain about how one side with make flame threads...yet the other side will do the same.

I have seen people say how one side will say anything to excuse a player...yet the other side will find any excuse to bash a player.

It really is funny to see someone rip on another for doing some things....yet earlier in that same thread they were doing the exact same thing...hell I would say they were doing even worse.

Here is a little hint....some of you need to quit acting like two kids fighting in the play ground over who has the toughest dad.....because that is what it looks like from some (not all) of you....doing nothing but baiting others to look foolish while you yourself look foolish...yet are too much of a fool to even see it yourself.

After rambling so much on this maybe I should have just said...some of you need to GROW UP.

One other thing....if there is someone on the forum that you can just not stand to read because they are either silly, ignorant, hateful, a troll or any other reason (in your opinion).....try this idea...PUT THEM ON IGNORE.....instead of just taking the bait they are throwing out there.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Honestly I could care less what a head coach says... I'm more interested in what I "see".

Will I tell you that all the other positions on the offense were solid? No of course not.

But I'm going to throw another point in this argument that has merit. I didn't come up with it originally, I think Junk did... but regardless. In the span of one season I seen periods of greatness out of Terrance Newman, I've seen periods of greatness out of Roy Williams. Back in 1989 I could look at Troy Aikman struggle and still say, "This kid has something". But I've yet to see greatness out of Quincy or anything that even resembles it.

I think the kid's upside is "average" at best. Yes, you might think that's good enough, and it may well be when it's all over and done with but I've been watching guys quarterback the Dallas Cowboys since Craig Morton and the idea of an "average" quarterback leading this team doesn't tickle my fancy.
Well you are entitled to your opinion.

I have seen glimpses of greatness from Carter too.

In 2001 49ers game, Commander game and Giants game

In 2002 Titans game after a horrible opener in Houton, Come from behind victories against St.Louis and Panthers

In 2003 both Giant games, against Philly, against Detriot, against Arizona, Against Carolina.

In these games he assisted or made key plays to help the team win.

Your point is well taken. It is your opinion only time will tell..............

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Wow.....I should have checked back in this thread long ago...but there is a part of me that just gets tired of the silly QC crap threads everyday...so I tend to not even view them.

However after getting a few PMs....I think it was way overdue for this thread to head to the smack forum.

Btw...I have PMed a few people....but I should go ahead and just say it in this thread.

Some of you need to grow up a little and look in the mirror...I have seen so many complain about how one side with make flame threads...yet the other side will do the same.

I have seen people say how one side will say anything to excuse a player...yet the other side will find any excuse to bash a player.

It really is funny to see someone rip on another for doing some things....yet earlier in that same thread they were doing the exact same thing...hell I would say they were doing even worse.

Here is a little hint....some of you need to quit acting like two kids fighting in the play ground over who has the toughest dad.....because that is what it looks like from some (not all) of you....doing nothing but baiting others to look foolish while you yourself look foolish...yet are too much of a fool to even see it yourself.

After rambling so much on this maybe I should have just said...some of you need to GROW UP.

Well PM those folks and tell them they've got an ignore button. Use it!!!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qcard said:
Well you are entitled to your opinion.

I have seen glimpses of greatness from Carter too.

In 2001 49ers game, Commander game and Giants game

In 2002 Titans game after a horrible opener in Houton, Come from behind victories against St.Louis and Panthers

In 2003 both Giant games, against Philly, against Detriot, against Arizona, Against Carolina.

In these games he assisted or made key plays to help the team win.

Your point is well taken. It is your opinion only time will tell..............

Q-card let me say this, all I'm interested is settling this QB thing once and for all--at least for the next 6-8 years. If Quincy can do the job fine. I'll be right there with you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qcard said:
Well PM those folks and tell them they've got an ignore button. Use it!!!!!

Great minds lol.....I edited my post to include that...just as you responded.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
One of these days I'm going to do the research to show each and every one of you that the correlation between a team having OR needing a good running game to have a good passing game is quite frankly crap. Pro-Quincy or Anti-Quincy I truly believe the running game is the running game and the passing game is the passing game.

One quick example would be Dan Marino. There is no man on the planet that was blessed with a worse running game than that him and yet he excelled. On the opposite side of the street are the Walter Payton Chicago Bears. Here you have an excellent running game that did diddly-squat for the passing game.

And I'm sure I can find example after example. Even last year, look up the running stats for Tennessee and compare those to their passing stats.

On the opposite end, look at the Buffalo Bills, solid running game with Travis Henry and a putrid passing game.

The connection between running game and passing game is much less than you believe. And the folks that think Quincy's success is dependent upon what Julius Jones does or does not do may be in for an awakening.

I have a title for the research " How to have pretty passing Stats and never win it ALL".

The last time Dan Marino had a prolific running attack in his backfield is the last time he started in the SuperBowl.

It's the reason Jimmy Johnson waste pick after pick trying to get Marino a running game.

All the good teams have efficient and consistent rushing attacks. One dimensional teams get blown out 62-9 in play-off games.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Qcard said:
I have a title for the research " How to have pretty passing Stats and never win it ALL".

The last time Dan Marino had a prolific running attack in his backfield is the last time he started in the SuperBowl.

It's the reason Jimmy Johnson waste pick after pick trying to get Marino a running game.

All the good teams have efficient and consistent rushing attacks. One dimensional teams get blown out 62-9 in play-off games.
New England had a rushing attack last year? Or they lost 62-9 to the Panthers?

Where was I when all this was going on?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Q-card let me say this, all I'm interested is settling this QB thing once and for all--at least for the next 6-8 years. If Quincy can do the job fine. I'll be right there with you.
I think this is the biggest misconception.

I have never stated that Carter is the future or that Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells are sold on him (Carter).

I just think he is not being given a fair chance by most doubters to endure the learning curve.

They claim they know when a player has "IT". It's the same BS I heard when Jeff George, Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Manning, Couch, Smith, Culpepper, Cade Mcknown were drafted. Nobody knows who will make through the tunnel. There are so many factors other than mechanics and a scouts opinion that go into a QBs success.

Carter has been given a chance by a Multi-Million dallar franchise (Company) to hold down the most important company position. I doubt Companies waste money or valuble time and resources on prospects they already know don't have what it takes. It just doesn't make sense.

Time will tell......

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qcard said:

I agree with you on your point that Marino did not win it all, even though he had a very-good, if not great passing attack.

But that wasn't my point. My point was that for a team to have a potent passing offense a potent running game is not necessary and the opposite is true.

The poor Dallas passing game had more to do with the inconsistent play of the quarterback and wide receivers than it did Hambrick getting his 3.5 ypc.

A quarterback that played better, combined with wide recievers that played better would have resulted in a better passing game period.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
New England had a rushing attack last year? Or they lost 62-9 to the Panthers?

Probably in the kitchen making 'Snow Angels'. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Qcard said:
They claim they know when a player has "IT". It's the same BS I heard when Jeff George, Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Manning, Couch, Smith, Culpepper, Cade Mcknown were drafted. Nobody knows who will make through the tunnel. There are so many factors other than mechanics and a scouts opinion that go into a QBs success.
I love how you have opinions, but cry "foul" that other people do. Why does it upset you so much that people say what they think?

I like your evidence list. So far it says I am better at knowing "IT" than you would like.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
New England had a rushing attack last year?
The most consistent and efficient in the play-offs the years they won the SuperBowl. Would you like me to prove it ?:D
Hostile said:
Or they lost 62-9 to the Panthers?

No the Dolphins did when the Jags shut down their horrible running game.

But why couldn't Marino PASS his way into the SuperBowl . I mean he doesn't need a running game right!!!!!! :cool:
Hostile said:
Maybe you were breaking down mechanics from photos. I don't know.....

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I love how you have opinions, but cry "foul" that other people do. Why does it upset you so much that people say what they think?

I like your evidence list. So far it says I am better at knowing "IT" than you would like.
Whatever rocks your boat.

I'd would have made a fortune if I had your abilities................ :rolleyes:

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I agree with you on your point that Marino did not win it all, even though he had a very-good, if not great passing attack.

But that wasn't my point. My point was that for a team to have a potent passing offense a potent running game is not necessary and the opposite is true.

The poor Dallas passing game had more to do with the inconsistent play of the quarterback and wide receivers than it did Hambrick getting his 3.5 ypc.

A quarterback that played better, combined with wide recievers that played better would have resulted in a better passing game period.
Well I think it is.

My evidence lets take a look at every potent passing attack in the pass decade and take a look at who is in the backfield.

Manning has James..

Warner had Faulk.

Bledsoe had Martin

Elway had Davis.

Troy had Emmitt

Efficiency, consistentcy and unpredictability win SuperBowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.