3rd for Quincy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
For the record/ I think this board is run to near perfection! We are all allowed to debate our points to the fullest as long as it doesnt get too personal, and definatly not racial or vulgar. Other boards go way to far with the personal attacks, vulgaritys, while still other boards want a borglike collective. Thats not good either! I know of a board where one of the mods.."silverbear" is able to attack as many folks as he wants because he is part of the pro QC crowd on that board. Yet he will delete you on a wim if he sees fit. Again, the pure doublestandard of it all....... ;)

Everything just HAS to do with QC, doesn't it? A board sucks, OH I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF THE PRO QC Crowd!

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
Yeah, ive been nothing but a troll since i joined the board back in summer of '02. Whatever. Ask anyone else thats been around that long if Im a troll or not.

Maybe i ought to just start trolling this board, give you a REAL reason to dislike me.
Threatening to TROLL from a guy who says he hates TROLLS???Puzzling? Or is it that you only hate trolls who take a different point of view than you? :rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
Yeah, ive been nothing but a troll since i joined the board back in summer of '02. Whatever. Ask anyone else thats been around that long if Im a troll or not.

Maybe i ought to just start trolling this board, give you a REAL reason to dislike me.

You flatter yourself Chris. I doubt there are very many who care one way or the other what you choose to do.

You know, maybe you should do that. That way, you will have nobody but yourself to blame for your fate.

As for me, I'm just sitting here, watching the open, drinking coffee and laughing to myself at your remarkable display of self control. How better to spend a Sunday morning during the off season?

How do you do it Chris?

At this point, I recommend this thread be moved to the sideline. It has becoming far more personal then I ever intended it to be and I'm sure many are past the point of board with this display. I appoligize to all on the board. Should not have allowed this. Should have just let it be. Childish on my part. Again, my appoliges.

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
I recall that not so long ago, the board wasn't full of personal attacks like it is now. Used to be only BBR or Aikman_Lives were the source of venom, and now its all over. Excuse me.

Anyways, im done with you. Feel free to continue the vitriol, I will not be responding.
As he RESPONDS 37 seconds later! :p

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
You flatter yourself Chris. I doubt there are very many who care one way or the other what you choose to do.

You know, maybe you should do that. That way, you will have nobody but yourself to blame for your fate.

As for me, I'm just sitting here, watching the open, drinking coffee and laughing to myself at your remarkable display of self control. How better to spend a Sunday morning during the off season?

How do you do it Chris?

At this point, I recommend this thread be moved to the sideline. It has becoming far more personal then I ever intended it to be and I'm sure many are past the point of board with this display. I appoligize to all on the board. Should not have allowed this. Should have just let it be. Childish on my part. Again, my appoliges.

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
My lack of self control? You throw the first jab, and then just sit back and laugh. Real adult of you.

Please just ignore me in the future.
THREE responces in less than 2 minutes?????????? :D

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
Make that FOUR ................ ;)

Uhm, is there a point to counting posts? You aren't making me angry, you know. You just look like a 13 year old on daddy's AOL account. Maybe you are just padding your post count, i don't know. "Hee Hee look daddy, i made the QC lover mad!"

Make that five

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
Uhm, is there a point to counting posts? You aren't making me angry, you know. You just look like a 13 year old on daddy's AOL account. Maybe you are just padding your post count, i don't know. "Hee Hee look daddy, i made the QC lover mad!"

Make that five
The point is to show how wishy washy you can be. Not more than 10 minutes ago you empatically stated you were done with this thread and wouldnt be responding anymore. Not that I care if you do, just found it kinda funny is all. Geeeeeeez, take it easy. Your gonna end up with High blood pressure when you grow up ;)

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
The point is to show how wishy washy you can be. Not more than 10 minutes ago you empatically stated you were done with this thread and wouldnt be responding anymore. Not that I care if you do, just found it kinda funny is all. Geeeeeeez, take it easy. Your gonna end up with High blood pressure when you grow up ;)

I said I was done with ABQ. Go back and read. You however, just keep on going. Finding this sort of thing funny is exactly what a 12 year old on AOL would do. Well, im finished now, so feel free to keep on with your childish behavior.

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
Done with ABQ. You however, just keep on going.
Hey, got an honest question for you. Is it true you used to be like some kind of maid or something for QC while at UGA? Thats the rumor I heard anyway. That you did his laundry and stuff. Not that theres anything wrong with that sort of thing....................

Bill the Butcher

Reaction score
Bill the Butcher said:
Hey, got an honest question for you. Is it true you used to be like some kind of maid or something for QC while at UGA? Thats the rumor I heard anyway. That you did his laundry and stuff. Not that theres anything wrong with that sort of thing....................
In fact, in some states its even LEGAL now. Sorry, just couldnt help myself :D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If anyone here doesn't think having Parcells and a top notch defense doesn't favor Dallas by leaps and bounds raise your hands. I have a point, you just don't like it.

Where exactly in this thread did I disagree with this point. Infact where exactly did you make the point. I am in total agreement. Parcells and a top notch defense does favor Dallas by leaps and bounds.

I stated that a running attack (4.3 yards per cary by J-ville ) that featured Fred Taylor @ 4.6 AVG. is leaps and bounds better than a running attack (3.9 for Dallas) that features Troy Hambrick @ 3.5 AVG.

If the Cowboys had Fred Taylor's production and threat in the backfiled last year I doubt Carter would have put up similar numbers. If Leftwich had Troy Hambrick and his production last year...................... Let's take a poll :D

I am not surprised you'd try to pull this kind of move. You couldn't prove your last accusation of hatred because of the Jpeg. I took my time to double check the past post because you said I was in denial (selective Amnesia). I did this out of respect. So far you haven't extended the same respect to justify your claim. I don't exepct you to do so because it will be a futile search.

p.s. I don't really care for the long winded stuff. Just show me where I stated you hated Quincy Carter because of the Henson/Troy Jpeg.

Hostile said:
So, let's add them all not just a select one. Do you really think Leftwich will flop? I like the kid.

I don't know. He is a very good NFL prospect. I think he the purest passer in the NFL or a close 2nd to Bledoe. His weight has always been a problem. I hope he'll be able to hold up (njury wise). He is not a Gym rat. He relies too much on his arm strenght. There are too many factors that go into becoming a successful QB. I have bias towards Leftwich because he's a hometown kid, but the learning curve is brutal. I just don't know. Check back in 3-4 years ;)

Hostile said:
Without Parcells scripting our offense Q would have been passing into much worse situations. Without our defense holding teams down we'd have had to pass even more and the level of failure might well have been affected. Ya think?
I agree. And any QB worth a damn would hope for the above conditions. Ya think?

Hostile said:
Look what happened to Q when Tampa, New England, New Orleans, et al played us. Q looked like spit.

Look at what happened to Peyton Manning and Leftiwch when they played the Patriots. They left "IT" in the locker room.

Look at what happened to Jake Delhomme and Donovan Mcnabb when they played the Bucs. They left "IT" in the locker room.

It's a funny league isn't it. Both Manning and Kordell looked like crap against the Patriots in the AFC championship game.

Hostile said:
I am sorry, I think he's a far superior QB, and yes I would. That's why I wanted us to draft him. I think Leftwich will be something very special.

I think Leftwich is a great passer. He's yet to prove he's a far superior QB. Those accolades are yet to be earned. I didn't want the Cowboys draft him because we had Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter. I don't believe in acquiring more prospects unless the Prospects on the roster have proven they can't get over the hump. Henson is another option because Chad Hutchinson and Parcells are like oil and water. Henson is also an option should Carter fail to get over the hump. Everyone will get their turn to bat. Whoever hits the homerun 1st is the winner.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
What a homer Q. Come on already. You talk like our QB sito is so much better then what Baltimore had. If you project Wrights numbers over the season, this would be what they look like. Keep in mind, this was the first opportunty to start for Wright in that offense. You tell me, is this all that much different then QC?

ATT 406/comp 215 53%, 2740 yards, 21 TDs and 18 INTs.

ChocolateLab stated that the 10-6 2003 DallasCowboys shouldn't have a problem starting Henson in 2004 because the 7-9 2002 Ravens started Kylle Boller in 2003.

The Ravens started 1st RD. pick Kylle Boller over journeymen Anthony Wright and Chris Redman.

Therefore the Cowboys should have no problem starting a 3 year lay-off QB in Henson over a 17 year seasoned veteran and a QB who took his team to the play-offs in his 3rd season.

I hope Henson becomes a very good NFL QB but I won't buy into the notion that he can lead a play-off caliber team in his rookie after 3 year lay-off. It has been done before. ONCE or TWICE in almost 80 years of Football on American soil. ONCE in the modern football era. NEVER since the begining of salary cap Era. If it does happened, I'll aplaud those that can predict Football miracles.

ABQCOWBOY said:
We are a playoff team but not because of our QB play. Surely that can not be argued. Lets look at this from a different perspective. What if we end up having to play Henson in 2005? Would you still say that we are in a better position or would you say that the Ravens are better positioned having Boller with a season and one half game experience under his belt?

I agree we are a play-off team because of our team play.

Troy Aikman stated that if Henson plays this season it means that Carter flopped and the team doesn't have a chance to make a play-off run.

Your final question is ambiguous.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Qcard said:
ChocolateLab stated that the 10-6 2003 DallasCowboys shouldn't have a problem starting Henson in 2004 because the 7-9 2002 Ravens started Kylle Boller in 2003.

The Ravens started 1st RD. pick Kylle Boller over journeymen Anthony Wright and Chris Redman.

Therefore the Cowboys should have no problem starting a 3 year lay-off QB in Henson over a 17 year seasoned veteran and a QB who took his team to the play-offs in his 3rd season.

I hope Henson becomes a very good NFL QB but I won't buy into the notion that he can lead a play-off caliber team in his rookie after 3 year lay-off. It has been done before. ONCE or TWICE in almost 80 years of Football on American soil. ONCE in the modern football era. NEVER since the begining of salary cap Era. If it does happened, I'll aplaud those that can predict Football miracles.

I agree we are a play-off team because of our team play.

Troy Aikman stated that if Henson plays this season it means that Carter flopped and the team doesn't have a chance to make a play-off run.

Your final question is ambiguous.

Okay, take it one step farther. Henson looks good in camp, looks just like any other rookie QB with great potential.

Carter starts and puts up numbers similar to 2003. The defense plays well and the OL and running game improve. We finish again around 10-6 and exit early in the playoffs.

Carter proves that improved players did not improve his play and we are going with Henson in 2005.

We enter 2005 with cap space and two first round picks. In other words plenty of ammo to fix what needs fixed to get us into serious contention.

Here is where I put you on the spot. If Carter shows that he is in fact a below average QB, even with weapons, and we again go 10-6 because of "TEAM" play. Would it not be better to get Henson playing time, so in 2005 we don't have all the pieces in place, but will start a QB with ZERO playing experience?

Under your argument we should not "throw away" 2004, but that track leads to needing a "football miracle" in 2005, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.