Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round, Pick 90 - Cowboys Draft G Connor McGovern Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Anyone really believe we had the talent to win the Superbowl last year? Because this draft is a depth draft so far which tells me that's what the FO thinks.

I look at it as drafting 2 players who will start next year(hopefully).

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Nothing is better than drafting for good ol' "depth"

I mean, that's how we landed the likes of Chaz Green, Stephen McGee, Robert Brewster, Felix Jones and so on and so on
Ugh this draft doesnt make this team better for 2019. Unless this kid hill absolutely balls out and our coaches start him over ty craw and collins

endersdragon

Reaction score
Mel Kiper did. Kiper had Connor McCovern in the top 5 best available and only OL before the Cowboys pick. When I saw that I knew the Cowboys was going to draft the best available player of need (He can play all 5 OL positions).
Walterfootball also thought it was a really good pick for us. The sad truth is Martin is the only readily reliable offensive lineman on this team so anytime we can get someone with a lot of versatility we should take it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
A lot of those sacks was due to the QB holding on to the ball for a much longer time than he should.
Zzzzzzzzzz go do some research and find out how many our line gave up and how many were on the QB. It's not close

RS12

Reaction score
I rarely give benefit of the doubt to this FO but I am good with this pick.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Walterfootball also thought it was a really good pick for us. The sad truth is Martin is the only readily reliable offensive lineman on this team so anytime we can get someone with a lot of versatility we should take it.
Versatility is code for not that good but can get by at many spots

RS12

Reaction score
Since we are drafting for future cap implications, lets see if we can replace Byron Jones with a 4th round pick.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Versatility is code for not that good but can get by at many spots
Sometimes that's what you need, especially in the 3rd round. You are never going to find a guaranteed day 1 starter in the third round, it just won't happen, so finding a guy who can fit into multiple spots and not give up a ton is a huge bonus. Remember what Anthony Hitchens (yea I know he was a 4th rounder) did for us with his versatility in his rookie year?

Silly

Reaction score
don't know if this has been posted yet. But talking cowboys said collins is heading in to a new contract next season. They have to start dropping players If Dak wants 30 million a year. So Dallas needs cheaper linemen.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Sometimes that's what you need, especially in the 3rd round. You are never going to find a guaranteed day 1 starter in the third round, it just won't happen, so finding a guy who can fit into multiple spots and not give up a ton is a huge bonus. Remember what Anthony Hitchens (yea I know he was a 4th rounder) did for us with his versatility in his rookie year?
Hitchens was an inside lb and special teamer. He was ok. Draft guys that at least can compete for spots rounds 1-3

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's an absolute stud guard, one of, if not thee not best guard in the NFL, why would you move him, that makes zero sense! And when Healthy Smith is a much better tackle than Martin.

Says who?

Martin is so good he’ll be an all pro anywhere

Carson

Reaction score
don't know if this has been posted yet. But talking cowboys said collins is heading in to a new contract next season. They have to start dropping players If Dak wants 30 million a year. So Dallas needs cheaper linemen.

Whatever Collins signs for, is too much.

He’s not a very good RT.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people love this pick. We just drafted Shane Hannah:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.