Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round, Pick 90 - Cowboys Draft G Connor McGovern Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
With the first 2 draft picks. You can say bye bye to the Collin's Cowboy careers. Just a matter of when for La'el

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Was Connor a starter on his college Oline? One would assume so, was it just the last year?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Only for this season… Which is understandable for a 3rd rounder.

Next season he starts at guard, with Williams or Martin (most likely) kicking out to RT because Collins will not be resigned.
i dont think either will be a T.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sensing the FO wants to faze La'el out of the OL as it now stands -- partly because of his pass pro vulnerability and the dough he'd cost in 2020. According to Jane Slater, Connor Williams has already been told he'll eventually be assigned to playing OT (possibly to replace Collins.) It's yet to be determined exactly when, although next year appears the most likely point in time.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
This is about depth at G-C-G

After Frederick went down, Looney & Su’a-Filo did a great job filling in.

When Martin was hobbled it stretched them thin.

2018 Dallas saw the value of investing in quality OL depth

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I do like McGovern. There’s definitely that cliche “once he gets his hands on you” element to him, but I do see some issues when he’s trying to react laterally to quicker guys.

Scotman

Reaction score
I would take a high round (rounds 1-4) o-lineman and d-lineman in every single draft. In my limited opinion, our o-line the last couple of years has struggled. I love this pick and the Hill kid. Conner Williams looks like he has beefed up, too. Did I want a monster safety? Of course. But even though the line picks aren't exciting, they are what make or break this team.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Shouldn't you know a player can play a position before moving him there?
Not necessarily. The coaches and scouts have to project if a player can change positions. Think about the Cowboy's Oline. Except for Fred Beard, all of the Olinemen changed from the position they played in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.