Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round Pick - WR Michael Gallup, Colorado St. (81st Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority. He's...fine...but seems limited to a ceiling of Jeremy Maclin. I don't see him being a bust but I don't see him being more than solid. He's not going to scare any DBs and he's not a match up threat.

I like that he can play inside or outside and does everything oretty well. Lack of versatility in the WR corps has been a weakness in my eyes and has made it easy to scheme against Dallas. Also, natural hands and plays with some suddenness and sharpness in his routes.
Maclin was a mid round 1st round pick. Gallup was just taken in the middle of the 3rd.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
First highlight they showed after the pick was a body catch. I thought for sure he would already be hated like TWill for that.
well that is just an oddball clip. This guy has good hands and good route runner and has some speed. Is a great pickup, I was hoping he would make it to #50 so to get him at 81 is great. Nice 2nd day

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Maclin probably had a higher ceiling if not for injuries.

I compare him to a Robert Woods or even Terrance Williams in terms of talent. Good for 600-800 yards a season, which is fine for a guy in the third round.

Yeah 600-800 is what I think his cap is. That's maybe a mid-level #2 WR in a mid-level offense. That seems like a WR a team always wants to replace with something better. I agree 3rd round is acceptable for that but I don't think he has any chance of bringing a return greater than where he was drafted.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Man, another A+ pick. I was primed and ready to trade up for this guy when that second round run at WR started, but they stayed put and let him fall to them; even trolling us by loading the war room with defensive coaches.

My only complaint; he's yet another 4.50 WR on a roster full of them.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Man, another A+ pick. I was primed and ready to trade up for this guy when that second round run at WR started, but they stayed put and let him fall to them; even trolling us by loading the war room with defensive coaches.

My only complaint; he's yet another 4.50 WR on a roster full of them.

Would you be OK if he ran a 4.48.?

Ken

Reaction score
Admittedly, i didnt watch any of this kid and focused on the other top wrs. Didnt love any of the others, really realy like what i see from this kid.

Seems like exactly what we needed.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Maclin was a mid round 1st round pick. Gallup was just taken in the middle of the 3rd.
Well,just because he’s a good value pick,doesn’t mean you’re addressing your needs,or greatly improving your unit. I see him as an upgrade in the #2 spot. But what we really need...is a #1,and we need speed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I'm in the minority. He's...fine...but seems limited to a ceiling of Jeremy Maclin. I don't see him being a bust but I don't see him being more than solid. He's not going to scare any DBs and he's not a match up threat.

I like that he can play inside or outside and does everything oretty well. Lack of versatility in the WR corps has been a weakness in my eyes and has made it easy to scheme against Dallas. Also, natural hands and plays with some suddenness and sharpness in his routes.

Jeremy Maclin level out of a 3rd round pick would be outstanding.

Reactions: CWR

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
I don’t know what the excitement is about Gallup. He’s kind of average imo.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Hey at least we will get to see someone catch with their hands this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.