Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round Pick - WR Michael Gallup, Colorado St. (81st Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodi

Reaction score
but who did he play against ?

Mountain West

oh no not that the same conference that Leighton Vander Esch played in

I kid

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
but who did he play against ?

Mountain West

oh no not that the same conference that Leighton Vander Esch played in

I kid

You never know, Marshall Faulk, Jay Novacek and Alex Smith turned out ok (although it was the WAC back then). I remember when I was at CSU going to the game just to watch Faulk. He got hurt on one of the very first plays of the game and missed a game after that. Got snubbed for a second Heisman for Gino Torretta.

Last edited:

ccb04

Reaction score
One of my favorite receivers in the draft. Could be somewhat of a steal at pick 81. One of the more well-rounded WR's IMO.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
You guys are going to be disappointed. He has many of the same traits from last years unit.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I wanted St. Brown ND WR but I've followed Gallup since I started looking at this year's draft. Early on some had him in the bottom of the first and more in the 2nd. He's not a #1 type of receiver but he is a good #2-3 WR. I don't know where we're going to put all these people.

Brown, Noah WR 6-2 222 22 Coaches like+ him. Metrics=Dez. Blocks. Still bubble
Cannon, KD WR 6-0 182 22 PS/cut
Gallup, Michael WR 6-1 198 21* #2-3
Hurns, Allen WR 6-3 201 26* #1
Lenoir, Lance WR 6-0 201 23 PS/cut
Switzer, Ryan WR 5-10 181 23 bubble
Thompson, Deonte WR 6-0 204 29 bubble
Williams, Terrance WR 6-2 210 28 #2-3
Beasley, Cole WR 5-8 180 29* SL

#5 ?#6 will depend on talent, trust, STs, and other intangibles

If St Brown falls I'd draft him as a hybrid TE. At 6-4+ and 4.50 he's perfect for the job.

Switzer isn't on the bubble. He's going to replace Beasley this year or next.

My issue is Thompson and Cannon are the only speed guys on the list and they could both be cut .

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Not that interested....I want blazing speed injected into the unit.

Game speed vs. track speed. Some are fast on the track and lose lots of speed with the uniform comes on, too heavy for them.

Watch the highlights, with no hands on him or his jersey, no one catches him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's his work ethic?
You guys are going to be disappointed. He has many of the same traits from last years unit.

Doesnt matter really. Most of these wr's will only make a few catches their 1st year. Probably end up with around 350 yards, 1 touchdown.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Solid pick! Love the way he's able to break tackles well enough to make most WRs jealous! Nice size (6-1, 205) and he's a great route runner as well.

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
another good pick. these jones guys are getting better at this.
Cmon folks. Let's call it what it is. Can we finally do that?

Stephen and Will are slowly gaining more influence into the final draft results.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I see he ran a 4.45 at his pro day but 4.52 at the combine. Some speed is there. Love the toughness and fighting for every yard mentality. Like DJ moore.
If you watch his combine runs, he seemed to let up slightly at the end. I think 4.45 is more accurate in relation to his speed.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Yeah 600-800 is what I think his cap is. That's maybe a mid-level #2 WR in a mid-level offense. That seems like a WR a team always wants to replace with something better. I agree 3rd round is acceptable for that but I don't think he has any chance of bringing a return greater than where he was drafted.
I think finding multiple guys that can put up 600-800 yards is exactly what we are after. There has been a shift in offensive philosophy. We are no longer dependent on one guy to force the ball to and amass 1300+ yards. We are moving away from guys that will fuss and moan whenever the ball doesn't come their way. The ball will be spread around to whoever is open, and that makes the offense more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.