$4.00 a gallon gas vs $4.00 a gallon milk

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3919815 said:
True....throw corn into the mix too. It's in so many foods that it has a huge impact on food prices....or so I've been told.

No product gets to the market without using fule be it by truck, train or plane and with raising fule cost all products will increase in price.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3919838 said:
No product gets to the market without using fule be it by truck, train or plane and with raising fule cost all products will increase in price.

I'm not arguing, I'm agreeing.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Gas.

I'm not forced to go through 20 gallons of milk each week in order to provide for my family.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3919864 said:
Gas.

I'm not forced to go through 20 gallons of milk each week in order to provide for my family.

Got that right

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I can't control the cost of either milk or gas, so it's not something that I think much about.

I just pay for milk when I need milk, and gas when I get gas.

My only other choice is to not buy one or the other. Out of the question right now.

Stautner

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3919684 said:
Cost of milk will not cause other products to go up in price, fule cost will as it becomes more costly to ship products and that higher cost will be passed down to all.

This is true, but you also have to remember that gasoline prices are also at the mercy of other factors beyond the control of the domestic oil industry. Oil production in the Middle East and Asia and Australia and Mexico and other places affect our fuel prices. So does international supply and demand. The oil industry also has to weather devastaing drops in commodity prices, causing losses in the workforce and in materials and equipment, and when prices rebound the labor, materials and equipment are slow to follow. The cycles are a killer, and the idea that the oil business is always booming and raking in tons of outrageous profits is a myth.