#4 and #36 picks

TXCowboyVol

Reaction score
For the last 11 years...definitely some busts in there, probably Ced Benson was the most epic bust at 4, but lots of primo players taken in those slots. Way more studs than duds....please don't screw this up, Jerrah...

2015 Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon
2014 Sammy Watkins, Derek Carr
2013 Lane Johnson, Darius Slay
2012 Matt Kalil, Derek Wolfe
2011 AJ Green, Colin Kaepernick
2010 Trent Williams, Dexter McCluster
2009 Aaron Curry, Brian Robiskie
2008 Darren McFadden, Brandon Flowers (Jordy Nelson was next pick)
2007 Gaines Adams, Kevin Kolb
2006 D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Chad Johnson
2005 Cedric Benson, Barrett Ruud
2004 Phillip Rivers, Junior Siavii

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes we actually have the 3rd pick in rd 2 as we will alternate 3 and 4 each round with the Chargers AND because the Pats had to forfeit their 1st rd pick there will only be 31 1st rd picks.
Your list really emphasized how horse crap that 09 draft class was OMG.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that's two high quality prospects you can add. To a team that added three last year thanks to La'el Collins getting absolutely shafted with legal troubles.

I usually go cross-eyed when I see people say things like we should go this position round one, that position round 2 and so on, but I would love it if the value caused a QB-RB-WR first three rounds.

CashMan

Reaction score
For the last 11 years...definitely some busts in there, probably Ced Benson was the most epic bust at 4, but lots of primo players taken in those slots. Way more studs than duds....please don't screw this up, Jerrah...

2015 Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon
2014 Sammy Watkins, Derek Carr
2013 Lane Johnson, Darius Slay
2012 Matt Kalil, Derek Wolfe
2011 AJ Green, Colin Kaepernick
2010 Trent Williams, Dexter McCluster
2009 Aaron Curry, Brian Robiskie
2008 Darren McFadden, Brandon Flowers (Jordy Nelson was next pick)
2007 Gaines Adams, Kevin Kolb
2006 D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Chad Johnson
2005 Cedric Benson, Barrett Ruud
2004 Phillip Rivers, Junior Siavii

Bensen was an idiot, because he held out and let Thomas Jones win his spot. He had talent.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Yeah, that's two high quality prospects you can add. To a team that added three last year thanks to La'el Collins getting absolutely shafted with legal troubles.

I usually go cross-eyed when I see people say things like we should go this position round one, that position round 2 and so on, but I would love it if the value caused a QB-RB-WR first three rounds.

Something akin to a "perfect storm"...what are the odds of the stars actually aligning for us? If the season as a whole is any indication...

LandryFan

Reaction score
Please, Jerry, don't pick a tight end.

He'll pick two. One each in rounds two and three, just to cover his bases (and probably one more in round seven just for good measure!).

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
to help OP out, here are the selections at 34 up to 06 draft. kinda crappy selections

Donovan Smith
Demarcus lawrence (ha!)
Justin Hunter
Coby Fleener
Aaron Williams
Chris cook
Patrick chung
Devin Thomas
Paul Poluszny
Dqwell Jackson

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something akin to a "perfect storm"...what are the odds of the stars actually aligning for us? If the season as a whole is any indication...

I will take these three spots but probably have to swap rb and wr based on how fast they have been going off the board.

LandryFan

Reaction score
I will take these three spots but probably have to swap rb and wr based on how fast they have been going off the board.

Remember, this is a "dream" scenario...realism does not apply. :)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the odds of the stars aligning are greater than the odds of our front office actually being interested in doing it.

LandryFan

Reaction score
I think the odds of the stars aligning are greater than the odds of our front office actually being interested in doing it.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but you're probably right. Having said that, I have faith (not a lot, but more so than a few years ago) that they will actually follow their board, though my gut tells me that there is probably as great a chance that we trade down as there is that we stay with the pick. This draft will have a lot of intrigue, that's for sure.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Ced Benson the most epic bust (at #4) in there. Dude did run for 1,000 three straight years in Cincy, 6,017 career rushing yards. Not great, but not epic bust. Aaron Curry with 5.5 career sacks probably the most epic bust on there, followed by Gaines Adams, who got 13 sacks before he died.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hadn't thought of it that way, but you're probably right. Having said that, I have faith (not a lot, but more so than a few years ago) that they will actually follow their board, though my gut tells me that there is probably as great a chance that we trade down as there is that we stay with the pick. This draft will have a lot of intrigue, that's for sure.

We shall see. I think they'll ultimately view taking a QB at 4 as doing a disservice to Romo in his final years. Could have gotten him help on the field with that pick.

And then my football depression will reach a new level.

dfense

Reaction score
How would you feel if you gave next years #1 to trade up for Watkins when Odell Beckham is sitting there for you. -Buffalo :(

dfense

Reaction score
Yes we actually have the 3rd pick in rd 2 as we will alternate 3 and 4 each round with the Chargers AND because the Pats had to forfeit their 1st rd pick there will only be 31 1st rd picks.
Your list really emphasized how horse crap that 09 draft class was OMG.

Thanks Tom!