#4 and #36 picks

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Yeah, that's two high quality prospects you can add. To a team that added three last year thanks to La'el Collins getting absolutely shafted with legal troubles.

I usually go cross-eyed when I see people say things like we should go this position round one, that position round 2 and so on, but I would love it if the value caused a QB-RB-WR first three rounds.

If we traded to mid first round and net two second rounders we could get Wentz-Fuller-Collins trio. If we stand pat hopefully Goff-Fuller-Booker go 1-2-3

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Ced Benson the most epic bust (at #4) in there. Dude did run for 1,000 three straight years in Cincy, 6,017 career rushing yards. Not great, but not epic bust. Aaron Curry with 5.5 career sacks probably the most epic bust on there, followed by Gaines Adams, who got 13 sacks before he died.

The hype surrounding Aaron Curry was through the roof.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
We shall see. I think they'll ultimately view taking a QB at 4 as doing a disservice to Romo in his final years. Could have gotten him help on the field with that pick.

And then my football depression will reach a new level.

I agree. Time to youtube the mid round qb's

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
T
to help OP out, here are the selections at 34 up to 06 draft. kinda crappy selections

Donovan Smith
Demarcus lawrence (ha!)
Justin Hunter
Coby Fleener
Aaron Williams
Chris cook
Patrick chung
Devin Thomas
Paul Poluszny
Dqwell Jackson
Those picks are terrible

erod

Reaction score
Goff/Lynch-Doctson-Alex Collins would be pretty nice.

Oh my gosh, Doctson!!!

Yep, love that guy. If I could get him in the second round, I'd drop the Treadwell talk, and start pitching for a defensive lineman.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I agree we need to draft a qb but I don't feel any qb in this draft is worth taking at 4. Then again, I'm not a professional or run daily operations for an NFL team during my daily life.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree we need to draft a qb but I don't feel any qb in this draft is worth taking at 4. Then again, I'm not a professional or run daily operations for an NFL team during my daily life.

Well those same professionals believe Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan and RGIII are top quarterbacks so your opinion probably is just as reliable as theirs or more lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go look at all the busts taken before Bell in that draft. Too much is made over this one draft pick.

Not only that but we had a running back at the time. People won't let the Bell pick go. Yeah I hated the Escobar pick and still do but its not because of Escobar. From the little glimpses i've seen he seems like a legit tight end once getting playing time. The stupid part was wasting that pick on him when you knew you weren't going to play him. Just like Bennet before him and just like Fasano before him.

CWR

Reaction score
I feel you but they said the same thing about the Packers doing farve wrong when they drafted Rodgers. Sorry Tony, we aren't playing the Quincy Hutchinson Henson Testaverde game again. Or so I hope.

Sorry guys I meant to quote Risen about doing romo a disservice.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Please, Jerry, don't pick a tight end.

Yeah, it would really suck to have a Gronkowski-like TE on the roster or a very good TE to step in if Witten got hurt. Yeah, let's pass on a Gronkowski for a just-in-case QB like Osweiler who will sit and learn for a couple years:cool:

I'm not saying there is a similar TE to Gronk in this year's draft. I haven't even checked to see what TEs are available this draft. Just keep an open mind and stick to best player regardless of position.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Doctson!!!

Yep, love that guy. If I could get him in the second round, I'd drop the Treadwell talk, and start pitching for a defensive lineman.

Treadwell is a first round choice, no question in my mind. Doctson is my second WR. There are others I personally like also, but they are outside of the profile in a WR we look for. I try not to wish for nice things I know we will never have.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feel you but they said the same thing about the Packers doing farve wrong when they drafted Rodgers. Sorry Tony, we aren't playing the Quincy Hutchinson Henson Testaverde game again. Or so I hope.

Rodgers was a no brainer though. He was a late 1st round pick for a contender. It made sense for them. I'm not sure if it makes the same sense for the Cowboys. Especially since Rodgers sat a few years. I don't think this team is any position to sit a 4th overall pick for a few years. Its one thing if you are rebuilding without Romo. But you're not.