#4 and #36 picks

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, it would really suck to have a Gronkowski-like TE on the roster or a very good TE to step in if Witten got hurt. Yeah, let's pass on a Gronkowski for a just-in-case QB like Osweiler who will sit and learn for a couple years:cool:

I'm not saying there is a similar TE to Gronk in this year's draft. I haven't even checked to see what TEs are available this draft. Just keep an open mind and stick to best player regardless of position.

I disagree. Don't take any linemen or tight ends early. You just traded a late round pick for Swiam. You have James Hanna here. You have Escobar. You have Witten. A tight end shouldn't even be taken in the 7th round at this point. It would make no sense unless you felt you had the second coming of Jimmy Graham but even then i'm not sure if it would make any sense.

CWR

Reaction score
Rodgers was a no brainer though. He was a late 1st round pick for a contender. It made sense for them. I'm not sure if it makes the same sense for the Cowboys. Especially since Rodgers sat a few years. I don't think this team is any position to sit a 4th overall pick for a few years. Its one thing if you are rebuilding without Romo. But you're not.

I think alot of us are under the illusion that the QB we draft won't see the field. He will tutor under Romo and he will inevitably see the field when Romo misses a stretch of games each year for the next year or two before he retires.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think alot of us are under the illusion that the QB we draft won't see the field. He will tutor under Romo and he will inevitably see the field when Romo misses a stretch of games each year for the next year or two before he retires.

I understand that but from what i've seen this season? I've seen 3 quarterbacks and many more try and quarterback this offense and fail. I'm convinced its not the quarterbacks its the playbook.

I'm not investing in a quarterback until I get rid of this playbook.

Which is my same opinion on corner. Don't use a 4th overall for a corner if all you are going to do is have him out there 10 yards off receivers in a "bend but don't break" defense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Something akin to a "perfect storm"...what are the odds of the stars actually aligning for us? If the season as a whole is any indication...

We have a habit of being victims of circumstance.

Last year, "just didn't work out" with the RB situation.

In previous years, "they took our guy". Seems to be a theme.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's two high quality prospects you can add. To a team that added three last year thanks to La'el Collins getting absolutely shafted with legal troubles.

I usually go cross-eyed when I see people say things like we should go this position round one, that position round 2 and so on, but I would love it if the value caused a QB-RB-WR first three rounds.

The safest pick is WR at the top . Treadwell is a sure stud . I agree with going heavy offensively . This defense played well despite this crap offense. Give me

1.WR Treadwell
2.QB Hentz
3.RB Booker/Henry

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeah, it would really suck to have a Gronkowski-like TE on the roster or a very good TE to step in if Witten got hurt. Yeah, let's pass on a Gronkowski for a just-in-case QB like Osweiler who will sit and learn for a couple years:cool:

I'm not saying there is a similar TE to Gronk in this year's draft. I haven't even checked to see what TEs are available this draft. Just keep an open mind and stick to best player regardless of position.

Our problems are not at tight end, and there are bound to be more BPA at positions other than tight end at the #34 pick. :)

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We shall see. I think they'll ultimately view taking a QB at 4 as doing a disservice to Romo in his final years. Could have gotten him help on the field with that pick.

And then my football depression will reach a new level.

If they pass on Goff then yes it would be a mistake. If Goff is gone and they pass on lynch and grab wentz(later) I think it's fine. I think Wentz will be better than lynch IMO.

chicago JK

Reaction score
It is way to early for me to say who I want to draft. There will be a lot of movement by April. There is no excuse to not find two really good starters with your first two picks.

It would be nice to hit a homerun with a pick in round 4-7 one of these days. It has been a while. We have found some serviceable players but we really seem to struggle mid and late in the draft uncovering a guy who winds up a pro bowler despite being a later pick. I don't expect this type of pick every year, but it would be nice if it happened occasionally.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
We have a habit of being victims of circumstance.

Last year, "just didn't work out" with the RB situation.

In previous years, "they took our guy". Seems to be a theme.

I guess we can take solace in knowing that there's less chance of someone "taking our guy" or things not "working out" with the 4th pick in each round. Note that I said "less chance" rather than "no chance". :)

QT

Reaction score
The safest pick is WR at the top . Treadwell is a sure stud . I agree with going heavy offensively . This defense played well despite this crap offense. Give me

1.WR Treadwell
2.QB Hentz
3.RB Booker/Henry

I agree.. I'm leaning towards Treadwell. Out of all the prospects, I think he will have an impact right away.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Yeah, that's two high quality prospects you can add. To a team that added three last year thanks to La'el Collins getting absolutely shafted with legal troubles.

I usually go cross-eyed when I see people say things like we should go this position round one, that position round 2 and so on, but I would love it if the value caused a QB-RB-WR first three rounds.

:thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So you'd invest your top draft picks on 2 of your highest paid positions in QB and Receive? Running back I understand.