4 rookies starting on defense, plus two FAs?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No it isn't. Not anymore.

“I know that the quickest way to lose is to give up explosions in the passing game,” Staley said. “It takes a lot of 4- and 5-yard runs to add up to a 50-yard pass. If you truly believe that explosions are how you lose in the NFL, you really need to start there in your philosophical structure and how you construct your defense.”
The number one goal of every defense should be to stop the run. Great defenses can do it all ,but you start by stopping the run. If the front seven can take care of the run, then the secondary can focus on doing their jobs. Every great defense in NFL history could stop the run. So being able to stop the run should still be priority number one.

If the guys up front suck at stopping the run, then the other guys will get beat on those long bombs. Because they'll be looking in the backfield too long or biting on play fakes.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry and the coaches view this as a rebuilding team. I also think they view this team as being a SB contender this year or the next. 4 or 5 rookies is too many to start, on a team that can put a full starting 22 on the field with veterans. Not saying Parsons won't start, and maybe another rookie but not a bunch of rookies.

But this team, with Smith, Martin, Lawrence, etc. at either the tail end of their careers or in the middle of their prime years are in the best position to win now, and win now is where this team is at....

DanA

Reaction score
It looks like it will be two rookies and three free agents:

LDE: Lawrence 3T: Odigizuwa 1T: Watkins RDE: Gregory
MIKE: Parsons WILL: Neale
LCB: Diggs SCB: Lewis-------------------------------------------------------------- RCB: Brown
SS: Wilson FS: Kazee