4 teams including champs had "high interest" in Hitchens

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

This tweet is from a scout that corresponds with the crew over at BTB. This is from a conversation immediately following the pick and the guy straight up says that the seachickens were ready to pick him. Spagnola has been on the radio saying other teams were interested but this guy comes out and names them He also says that he clocked him at 4.61 when he worked him out recently for what that is worth.

We all know the argument against him. Narwocki, NFP and draftdigest all rank him around the same spot of not in the top 150 and within two spots of 33 in the position. Therefor it must be a reach.

To me either one of two things is possible. Either Spagnola and BTB are lying to us or the defending champs, the 9ers and two other clubs ranked him similarly to what we did.

So how do you reconcile this information, Zoners?

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
While IDK much about the kid this just reminds me of the Frederick pick were people talk about were he was drafted when they dont know about teams boards. Going off what webstites say that are always wrong on were players will go........that is all :)

tideh20heel

Reaction score
After much hand wringing I will reserve my judgement but it is not because of anything that Spagnola says. That guy is the worst least informed person to ever cover a sports team. The website has some really good guys working for it and it is evident during the shows that they are forced to tolerate this clown. I was highly critical of the pick at the time but I am excited to be wrong. Hope he's a stud for the next decade.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Same as I did yesterday. I watched him play enough to think he has flaws that will limit him in this league. I did not think he was worth a 4th. Draft is over and I will cheer hard for him because he is a Dallas Cowboy.

morasp

Reaction score
I think Lee will help him be the best he can be at the position. Holloman improved significantly in a short period of time and I think Lee was a big part of that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What little I saw on tape was mixed for me. He's no different than the overwhelmingly vast majority of mid round picks are. They need to be developed.

For me the first thing I look at in a LB is instinct. He has that. Then I look at production. We can't see intangibles for ourselves but we can listen to others and look at awards, is he a captain and/or team leader. Do his teammates like him? Then I look at the measureables. Mostly size and his ten and cones. I look at his burst off the edge. This guy has all that except not certain about his burst. It's very difficult to teach instincts.

starfrombirth

Reaction score

This tweet is from a scout that corresponds with the crew over at BTB. This is from a conversation immediately following the pick and the guy straight up says that the seachickens were ready to pick him. Spagnola has been on the radio saying other teams were interested but this guy comes out and names them He also says that he clocked him at 4.61 when he worked him out recently for what that is worth.

We all know the argument against him. Narwocki, NFP and draftdigest all rank him around the same spot of not in the top 150 and within two spots of 33 in the position. Therefor it must be a reach.

To me either one of two things is possible. Either Spagnola and BTB are lying to us or the defending champs, the 9ers and two other clubs ranked him similarly to what we did.

So how do you reconcile this information, Zoners?

As one poster explained "Lazy groupthink". Thanks for all your info Fuzzy.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
It looks to me like they drafted a backup. I think it speaks to their growing discomfort with Lee's health issues. That's fine, maybe even necessary, but this team isn't good enough to be targeting backups in the 4th round ... they just aren't.

I'm not sure I agree with this entirely. Hitchens gives us the flexibility to consider moving Lee outside, which would be huge for Lee's long-term health.

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
It looks to me like they drafted a backup. I think it speaks to their growing discomfort with Lee's health issues. That's fine, maybe even necessary, but this team isn't good enough to be targeting backups in the 4th round ... they just aren't.

What did you see that makes him a backup, just curious?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The mission to make Anthony Hitchens appear to be a coveted prospect about to be selected as the Cowboys drafted him has begun.

I don't care. He was a massive reach in the 4th round and a horrible selection.

And for all the supporters, show me where you said anything positive about the player pre-draft. Otherwise you're just cheerleading for the team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Backup, special teamer appears to be his ceiling.

We are putting together quite a star studded group of players with our 4th round picks in recent years.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree with this entirely. Hitchens gives us the flexibility to consider moving Lee outside, which would be huge for Lee's long-term health.

If that's the thinking, that they could possibly move Lee to WLB if they see enough from Hitchens, then the pick will sit better with me. However I'm not sure I believe that. I think they like Lee right were he is. I think this was a depth pick due to Lee's injury concerns ... solely.

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
The mission to make Anthony Hitchens appear to be a coveted prospect about to be selected as the Cowboys drafted him has begun.

I don't care. He was a massive reach in the 4th round and a horrible selection.

And for all the supporters, show me where you said anything positive about the player pre-draft. Otherwise you're just cheerleading for the team.

There's a reason we're all here and not in some FO for some team.........and have you studied they player?

I doubt it.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
What did you see that makes him a backup, just curious?

I see Sean Lee. I think Lee is the quintessential Mike LB in this scheme and isn't being moved anywhere. To me this was strictly a depth selection in case of another injury to Lee. I also don't see Hitchens with much position flex. I think he's a MLB as well