4 teams including champs had "high interest" in Hitchens

arglebargle

Reaction score
You really can roll your eyes at that comment after taking a minute to think about all of the bonehead picks they made?

It's not like it took Cowboy fans 3 years to figure out that Fasano and Bennett were a wasted 2nd round pick.

Navarro Bowman. Thirty-one teams didn't have him as a first rounder. The Cowboys did. Who was right? We've got the iron clad example of two years of the Cowboys big board that you can go to for their evaluations. Feel free to write a nice piece on them, showing this 'problem', and detailing how the Cowboys deviate from the NFL average.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You really can roll your eyes at that comment after taking a minute to think about all of the bonehead picks they made?

It's not like it took Cowboy fans 3 years to figure out that Fasano and Bennett were a wasted 2nd round pick.

Fasano and Bennett both went on to get second contracts and both are still in the league. We gave up on Fasano and Bennett gave up on us. They may have been bad fits but they were both good players.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Navarro Bowman. Thirty-one teams didn't have him as a first rounder. The Cowboys did. Who was right? We've got the iron clad example of two years of the Cowboys big board that you can go to for their evaluations. Feel free to write a nice piece on them, showing this 'problem', and detailing how the Cowboys deviate from the NFL average.

One thing that I do trust is our evaluation of RD1 talent. With only major 1st round busts I know of in the last decade or so are Bobby Carpenter, Felix Jones (not really a bust, just over evaluated) and potentially Claiborne, although that ship hasn't sailed yet.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Way to miss the point. And make arguments that are completely irrelevant to those teams evaluations.

Here is a question that cuts right to the hear of the matter: how many player evaluations from teams have you seen ever much less leading up to the draft?

i have yet to see a single one.

Either you believe that those 4 NFL clubs indeed valued them as a 4th rounder or they did not. I do not think those sources are lying to me.

That is the thing, your hubris makes you think that you are best qualified to evaluate draft picks. I am not that arrogant and am willing to admit that the professionals are much more qualified than I am. My arrogance only goes so far.

To me it comes down to this: do I buy the evaluations of Risen Star, Mel Kiper and nfldraftdigest or do I take the Niners, Seahawks, Rams, and Cardinals?

Easy choice really especially with how those other top 4-3 teams chime in.

Did YOU see the evaluations of the Niners, Seahawks, Rams and Cards??? What is your relation to these "sources" that makes you so trusting??? What is the relation of these "sources" to the teams, that makes them so reliable??? And funny that 4 division rivals would all want the same guy, at the same round, tell the same "source", yet be so secretive to the rest of the world...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Did YOU see the evaluations of the Niners, Seahawks, Rams and Cards??? What is your relation to these "sources" that makes you so trusting??? What is the relation of these "sources" to the teams, that makes them so reliable??? And funny that 4 division rivals would all want the same guy, at the same round, tell the same "source", yet be so secretive to the rest of the world...

It wasn't a secret. I heard it first in the draft thread right after the pick.

I have heard this from 4 different sources at this point.

First is from a national scout source corroborated by DMN, NFLdraftscout, BTB, and cowboyszone writers.
Second was from Mickey Spagnola.
Third was from Bill Polian on NFLN.
Fourth was from Cowboyjoe who posts here in his thread in the draft zone.

Now could you do me a favor and project your anger at the team, or whatever else is bothering you, elsewhere?

burmafrd

Reaction score
It wasn't a secret. I heard it first in the draft thread right after the pick.

I have heard this from 4 different sources at this point.

First is from a national scout source corroborated by DMN, NFLdraftscout, BTB, and cowboyszone writers.
Second was from Mickey Spagnola.
Third was from Bill Polian on NFLN.
Fourth was from Cowboyjoe who posts here in his thread in the draft zone.

Now could you do me a favor and project your anger at the team, or whatever else is bothering you, elsewhere?

Tony Mandarich
Ryan Leaf
and there have been plenty others who EVERYONE was wrong about. No matter how good anyone is at drafting, they still blow the call 50% of the time at least.