40 "missed calls" against the Eagles when they "beat" the Cowboys

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's weird, you can see that in this pic, but not the hold on fletch (which is highlighted in the picture) your bias is sus
That's not holding on Fletcher Cox. There is no pull on his jersey to negate his motion. It is legal for an Olineman to block you from the front and side if you move sideways. Also, within the 1 yard distance from the line of scrimmage, if a Defenseman turns his back on an Olineman, it is legal for that Olineman to push that Defenseman on his back as long as he doesn't hold or tug.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
That's not holding on Fletcher Cox. There is no pull on his jersey to negate his motion. It is legal for an Olineman to block you from the front and side if you move sideways. Also, within the 1 yard distance from the line of scrimmage, if a Defenseman turns his back on an Olineman, it is legal for that Olineman to push that Defenseman on his back as long as he doesn't hold or tug.
Correct, fletch turned his back and the player is still holding

1. Is fletch running towards or away from the player?
2. Is said player pushing or pulling?

Last edited:

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Are you saying the Eagles forum will accept Cowboys fans with open arms on their forum for opposing views, lol? Acceptance of opposing fans from the city of brotherly love isn't exactly something your fan base does well and I've seen that particularly at games. But maybe I shouldn't be that surprised as Eagles fans seem obsessed with everything Cowboys and devote nearly as much attention to the Cowboys as their own team.

Anyway though, welcome I hope you can represent your fan base with more grace than others.
I said no such thing. Not sure why you are trying to direct the conversations toward fan bases. I'm sure there are as many bad eagles fans as there are cowboys fans. Eagles fans and cowboys fans are equally obsessed this year since we are the top 2 teams in the east. Did you see how many posts were put up here before and after about the eagles?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I said no such thing. Not sure why you are trying to direct the conversations toward fan bases. I'm sure there are as many bad eagles fans as there are cowboys fans. Eagles fans and cowboys fans are equally obsessed this year since we are the top 2 teams in the east. Did you see how many posts were put up here before and after about the eagles?
No I usually just stick to Cowboys topics. I directed it there, because you felt a need to jump in on this topic on a Cowboys forum and stir the pot. At the end of the day, nothing changes the outcome after the fact. For the record I've been to a number other stadiums and the only place I was concerned for my well being is in Philadelphia. Many disrepectful and violent fans that just lose their humanity when it comes to sports. Not to say there aren't bad Cowboys fans, every fan base has them, but what I experienced at a game in Philadelphia is nothing like I have ever seen.

Last edited:

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
No I usually just stick to Cowboys topics. I directed it there, because you felt a need to jump in on this topic on a Cowboys forum and stir the pot. At the end of the day, nothing changes the outcome after the fact. For the record I've been to a number other stadiums and the only place I was concerned for my well being is in Philadelphia. Many disrepectful and violent fans that just lose their humanity when it comes to sports. Not to say there aren't bad Cowboys fans, every fan base has them, but what I experienced at a game in Philadelphia is nothing like I have ever seen.
Every team has horror stories, This is the worst I heard

00:0500:45
Gun violence and fan rage intersected at Sunday’s Cowboys-Patriots game, when a man was shot and critically wounded following a fight in an AT&T Stadium parking lot.

And now, rather than just the act of one unhinged individual, reports have emerged the suspect was prodded on by the crowd to kill the victim.

Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram tweeted, “Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. #shooting #attstadium”

If so, it’s a chilling indictment of the mob mentality that could goad a man to gun down another.

Two off-duty Arlington, Tex., police officers were alerted to a fight in the AT&T Stadium parking lot around 8:20 p.m., hours after the Cowboys had lost 30-6 to the Patriots. As they arrived, they heard a single shot and found a man in his early 40s with a gunshot wound, according to multiple local reports.[COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--gray-g)]Gun violence and fan rage intersected at Sunday’s Cowboys-Patriots game, when a man was shot and critically wounded following a fight in an AT&T Stadium parking lot.
And now, rather than just the act of one unhinged individual, reports have emerged the suspect was prodded on by the crowd to kill the victim.
[COLOR=var(--wp--custom--color--link)]Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram tweeted[/COLOR], “Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. #shooting #attstadium”[/COLOR]
[COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--gray-g)]If so, it’s a chilling indictment of the mob mentality that could goad a man to gun down another.
Two off-duty Arlington, Tex., police officers were alerted to a fight in the AT&T Stadium parking lot around 8:20 p.m., hours after the Cowboys had lost 30-6 to the Patriots. As they arrived, they heard a single shot and found a man in his early 40s with a gunshot wound, [COLOR=var(--wp--custom--color--link)]according to multiple local reports.[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Witness Lester Peters told the Star-Telegram the suspect first held a gun to the victim’s head, adding, “I didn’t think he was going to pull the trigger.’’Witness Lester Peters told the Star-Telegram the suspect first held a gun to the victim’s head, adding, “I didn’t think he was going to pull the trigger.’’

Greg Miller told the paper the security “definitely needs to be stepped up,’’ and the suspect had held a gun to his friend’s head.

“Fight broke out, a couple of guys. All their friends jumped in. It was a big brawl. Next thing you know, I looked up, one of my buddies was trying to get a girl off the bottom of the pile,’’ Miller said.

“One guy walks up to him and put a gun to up his head, you know, about to shoot him. The guy ended up letting my friend go. I go to grab my friend so we can leave, I had my back turned, all I heard was a gunshot. Turn around, he shot somebody else while they were fighting.’’

The victim was transported in critical, life-threatening condition to Medical Center Arlington, and was subsequently flown to another hospital because of the seriousness of his injuries, according to police spokesman Lt. Chris Cook.

The suspect was taken to another local hospital with a leg injury sustained when he tripped over a retaining wall trying to flee the scene. He’s been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will be booked into jail after he is released from the hospital, where he is under guard.[COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--gray-g)]Greg Miller told the paper the security “definitely needs to be stepped up,’’ and the suspect had held a gun to his friend’s head.
“Fight broke out, a couple of guys. All their friends jumped in. It was a big brawl. Next thing you know, I looked up, one of my buddies was trying to get a girl off the bottom of the pile,’’ Miller said.
“One guy walks up to him and put a gun to up his head, you know, about to shoot him. The guy ended up letting my friend go. I go to grab my friend so we can leave, I had my back turned, all I heard was a gunshot. Turn around, he shot somebody else while they were fighting.’’
The victim was transported in critical, life-threatening condition to Medical Center Arlington, and was subsequently flown to another hospital because of the seriousness of his injuries, according to police spokesman Lt. Chris Cook.
The suspect was taken to another local hospital with a leg injury sustained when he tripped over a retaining wall trying to flee the scene. He’s been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will be booked into jail after he is released from the hospital, where he is under guard.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Every team has horror stories, This is the worst I heard

00:0500:45
Gun violence and fan rage intersected at Sunday’s Cowboys-Patriots game, when a man was shot and critically wounded following a fight in an AT&T Stadium parking lot.

Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram tweeted, “Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. #shooting #attstadium”

If so, it’s a chilling indictment of the mob mentality that could goad a man to gun down another.

Two off-duty Arlington, Tex., police officers were alerted to a fight in the AT&T Stadium parking lot around 8:20 p.m., hours after the Cowboys had lost 30-6 to the Patriots. As they arrived, they heard a single shot and found a man in his early 40s with a gunshot wound, according to multiple local reports.[COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--gray-g)]Gun violence and fan rage intersected at Sunday’s Cowboys-Patriots game, when a man was shot and critically wounded following a fight in an AT&T Stadium parking lot.
[COLOR=var(--wp--custom--color--link)]Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram tweeted[/COLOR], “Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. #shooting #attstadium”[/COLOR]
[COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--gray-g)]If so, it’s a chilling indictment of the mob mentality that could goad a man to gun down another.
Two off-duty Arlington, Tex., police officers were alerted to a fight in the AT&T Stadium parking lot around 8:20 p.m., hours after the Cowboys had lost 30-6 to the Patriots. As they arrived, they heard a single shot and found a man in his early 40s with a gunshot wound, [COLOR=var(--wp--custom--color--link)]according to multiple local reports.[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Witness Lester Peters told the Star-Telegram the suspect first held a gun to the victim’s head, adding, “I didn’t think he was going to pull the trigger.’’Witness Lester Peters told the Star-Telegram the suspect first held a gun to the victim’s head, adding, “I didn’t think he was going to pull the trigger.’’

Greg Miller told the paper the security “definitely needs to be stepped up,’’ and the suspect had held a gun to his friend’s head.

The suspect was taken to another local hospital with a leg injury sustained when he tripped over a retaining wall trying to flee the scene. He’s been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will be booked into jail after he is released from the hospital, where he is under guard.[COLOR=var(--wp--preset--color--gray-g)]Greg Miller told the paper the security “definitely needs to be stepped up,’’ and the suspect had held a gun to his friend’s head.
The suspect was taken to another local hospital with a leg injury sustained when he tripped over a retaining wall trying to flee the scene. He’s been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will be booked into jail after he is released from the hospital, where he is under guard.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
That was an awful incident and a terrible reflection of the Cowboy fan base that should never happen. But look, you could have just told me sorry you had that experience in Philadelphia. Then we could have shared a virtual handshake and hug.

Unfortunately, sports can bring out the worst in people. The Eagles used to have a court room and jail in the vet because of the environment. Its a shame when things related to entertainment turn violent. There's no place for it, but for some reason some people can't leave things alone.