40 "missed calls" against the Eagles when they "beat" the Cowboys

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I believe every Eagles penalty was legit.

I believe every Cowboy penalty was legit.

I believe by the letter of the law, you could have called another 40 penalties on the Eagles (like pretty much every team in every game)

I believe by the letter of the law you coulda called 40 more penalties on the Cowboys too (if you attempt to look at it objective manner, and not through the lense of someone who just wants it to work out in our favor).

Called penalties were even. Missed penalties were even. By letter of the law....we coulda had 50 penalties on each team....and you could probably say the same thing about every single game played.
I think the penalties on the Eagles are legit. Every penalty called on the Cowboys was not legit. The league should award the Cowboys with a win and the Eagles with a loss in that game. It’s just not fair. How can the NFL allow this to happen? Maybe if Cowboys fans would just cry harder the league would just simply give them a win in all 17 games and a win in all the subsequent playoff games. That’s how I think it should be. Cowboys fans don’t cry hard enough.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the penalties on the Eagles are legit. Every penalty called on the Cowboys was not legit. The league should award the Cowboys with a win and the Eagles with a loss in that game. It’s just not fair. How can the NFL allow this to happen? Maybe if Cowboys fans would just cry harder the league would just simply give them a win in all 17 games and a win in all the subsequent playoff games. That’s how I think it should be. Cowboys fans don’t cry hard enough.
Eagles%2071%20Home%20King%20Corcoran.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What the OP is trying to say is that the Eagles team, and Oline in particular, are ALLOWED to play 1000 mph grabbing, holding, punching, interfering and everything else without FEAR of drive altering and game losing penalties. If you don't see that, you're completely blind or ignorant.
:bow: :thumbup::hammer:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No bias? No favoritism? No double standard? No help by the officials?

Explain these 40 "missed calls" for the Eagles...

Although I think some of those are nitpicky (particularly a few of the false starts), there were definitely a lot that could have been called. And it might have taken just a little of them to change the outcome.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I don’t know about the 40 missed presented here by brother @America's Cowboy , but anybody that has watched this NFL cant explain away the years of calls and TIMELY calls against teams like the Cowboys and Raiders to be specific.

Why do we all know in our hearts that when Brady, Rodgers,Eli, and Roethlessberger we’re on game winning drives they almost NEVER got a single penalty to impede that last drive.

Hmmm Kraft, Mara Rooney?

We all have witnessed both Romo and Dak have to gross 120 yards to offset phantom penalties on their game winning drives just to net 70-80 yards…..I’ve seen it. ……and seen it for decades now.

Different coaches and different players but it’s remains consistent
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Football, at any level, is one of the worst officiated sports that exist.

Go watch some other NFL games besides the Cowboys, guess what? There are tons of missed calls and just blatant penalties totally ignored by the refs.

Go watch some college football, it's even worse.

Since I am a Texas alumnus, I watch a lot of Big 12 games even when UT is not playing. Guess what? Big 12 officials have to be some of the worst in the country. I was watching Kansas State play in a game and their QB literally got horse collared 5 yards out of bounds and the ref just stood there. I have seen targeting not called when it was obvious helmet to helmet contact, wide receivers literally tackled trying to run their routes, face masks fouls not called, blind side blocks not called, oline downfield not called, false starts not called, offsides not called, ect...

My point is that you have 22 guys all going full speed and you got maybe 4 or 5 refs (who are usually old dudes) trying to watch everything. It is a recipe for disaster and what makes it even worse is that you have 35 TV cameras showing every single angle of every play in 4k resolution super slow-mo, so you see what all the refs missed.

Only solution is to either hire more refs so you got like 12-15 refs on the field at one time, so nothing gets missed or they are going to have to start using technology to call penalties.

As far as games being "rigged", I find that hard to believe. You just got a couple of old dudes trying to watch 22 guys all flying around at full speed, sound more like an incompetence issue.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Football, at any level, is one of the worst officiated sports that exist.

Go watch some other NFL games besides the Cowboys, guess what? There are tons of missed calls and just blatant penalties totally ignored by the refs.

Go watch some college football, it's even worse.

Since I am a Texas alumnus, I watch a lot of Big 12 games even when UT is not playing. Guess what? Big 12 officials have to be some of the worst in the country. I was watching Kansas State play in a game and their QB literally got horse collared 5 yards out of bounds and the ref just stood there. I have seen targeting not called when it was obvious helmet to helmet contact, wide receivers literally tackled trying to run their routes, face masks fouls not called, blind side blocks not called, oline downfield not called, false starts not called, offsides not called, ect...

My point is that you have 22 guys all going full speed and you got maybe 4 or 5 refs (who are usually old dudes) trying to watch everything. It is a recipe for disaster and what makes it even worse is that you have 35 TV cameras showing every single angle of every play in 4k resolution super slow-mo, so you see what all the refs missed.

Only solution is to either hire more refs so you got like 12-15 refs on the field at one time, so nothing gets missed or they are going to have to start using technology to call penalties.
Or, since the fan base of every team that loses each week is going to blame officiating anyway, even if there are 40 refs on the field, the League might consider keeping things the way they are now. The NFL is successful and there is no way the owners are going to spend money fixing something they don’t believe is broken. You wouldn’t either. This may come as a shock to you, but Jerry Jones doesn’t care what Cowboys fans think. The other 31 ownership groups care even less what Cowboys fans think, if that’s possible. Go buy another number 11 Cowboys jersey and get over last week. Any team that loses a game to the Arizona Cardinals forfeits the right to complain about losing any other game under any circumstance.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Or, since the fan base of every team that loses each week is going to blame officiating anyway, even if there are 40 refs on the field, the League might consider keeping things the way they are now. The NFL is successful and there is no way the owners are going to spend money fixing something they don’t believe is broken. You wouldn’t either. This may come as a shock to you, but Jerry Jones doesn’t care what Cowboys fans think. The other 31 ownership groups care even less what Cowboys fans think, if that’s possible. Go buy another number 11 Cowboys jersey and get over last week. Any team that loses a game to the Arizona Cardinals forfeits the right to complain about losing any other game under any circumstance.
The owners care about one thing, money.................that includes Jerry Jones.

The 32 owners are happy with Godell and are happy with the refs because they make money regardless due to the media rights contracts.

So, you are right my friend. The owners, including Jerry, could care less about what some fans are saying on a message board about them, LOL!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It’s not on me to prove anything. Your original post declares the refs are rigged against the cowboys by sampling a montage of plays that supposedly should have been called in the cowboys favor. But how do you know for sure the Cowboys didn’t catch any breaks on the other side? You don’t know cause you didn’t check. You searched a video to feed your own confirmation bias.

Until then your claim is baseless.
he played high school football he's almost a coach. sheesh, Jimmy the Greek used to go to his high school and get the picks of the week.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I haven't read through this entire thread but there is. Our is d-line, i think mostly Hankins, is constantly lining up in the neutral zone. It happened multiple times in the last game (and in basically every game). I think they called it once or twice but it happened waaaaay more than that.
they lined up in the neutral zone all game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude the refs tried to give it to the Cowboys at the end. Dak couldn't seize the moment. If the situation would of been reversed I bet Hurts would of seized the moment. Dak just short circuits and can't even throw the ball away.
Who, this guy?
Nah just can't be they say he's top 10 and maybe an MVP candidate.
Just look at his ferocious and determined demeanor here below and feel confident when it gets hot in the kitchen he is leaving!!!! :muttley:
dam-dak.gif

Brax

Reaction score

Another clown post and video from a guy who doesn’t know the rules. Stop whining and take off the tin foil hat, if they called those “40” so called penalties and the 60 or 70 no calls on Dallas you’d be whining about the 6 hour game and how bad the calls were on the cowboys, your really pitiful and clutching at straw man conspiracy theories that hold no weight and make you look foolish.

Sydla

Reaction score
Time to move on from our loss. The Eagles tried to give us this one. There was more than one way to win that game, and yes the Refs were bad, but we could've won despite them if we didn't have mental mistakes.
Yep. And to be clear, the refs missed some calls on us in that game too. Our last drive was aided greatly by referee calls.

But despite all of that............... we had the ball on their 6 yard line with more than enough time to score the winning TD and get the W and we failed. Not because of the refs, but because we sucked in that last 30 seconds.