45-10! But does it even matter?

ESisback

Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Here’s the thing — nothing really matters, good or bad, until the final stretch and of course the postseason.

We could have beaten SF and Philly, earned the 1 seed … and still wet the bed in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I’m just enjoying the ride and hoping that some of this clicks for us in the postseason.

plymkr

Reaction score
Here’s the thing — nothing really matters, good or bad, until the final stretch and of course the postseason.

We could have beaten SF and Philly, earned the 1 seed … and still wet the bed in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I’m just enjoying the ride and hoping that some of this clicks for us in the postseason.
Good call. I’ve said it before. 2007 taught me that whatever happens in the regular season has no bearing on the playoffs. We swept the Giants and got the #1 seed. Then got beat by the Giants. The Giants lost to the undefeated Patriots in the season finale and beat them in the Super Bowl. We won’t know till we get to the playoffs so I’m doing my best to enjoy the ride. And today was a fun part of the ride. Destroying a divisional rival and Bland making history.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
The Eagles are 4-0 versus teams with winning records. The Cowboys are 0-2 versus teams with winning records.

That's not a "narrative", it's just fact. Losing to the lowly Cardinals didn't help the Cowboys credibility.

Not sure why so many care about what the media say, but if they are citing those facts it's not a "narrative" - it's reality.

You want the media to respect the Cowboys, and you clearly do, then beat good teams and make noise in the playoffs. That's always been the way.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Eagles are 4-0 versus teams with winning records. The Cowboys are 0-2 versus teams with winning records.

That's not a "narrative", it's just fact. Losing to the lowly Cardinals didn't help the Cowboys credibility.

Not sure why so many care about what the media say, but if they are citing those facts it's not a "narrative" - it's reality.

You want the media to respect the Cowboys, and you clearly do, then beat good teams and make noise in the playoffs. That's always been the way.
I've been rooting for a steady and strong growth in play since the off season. I don't need strong sun glasses to catch what is going on. That is obviously strong football and even that is improving to my likes. I'm not really into washer tossing.

Eagles 9-1
Dallas 8-3
Lions 8-3
49'ers 8-3

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've been rooting for a steady and strong growth in play since the off season. I don't need strong sun glasses to catch what is going on. That is obviously strong football and even that is improving to my likes. I'm not really into washer tossing.

Eagles 9-1
Dallas 8-3
Lions 8-3
49'ers 8-3
This will add to Dallas on one side or the other:

The conversation will nonetheless follow the 49ers in the leadup to their next game, a Dec. 3 NFC championship rematch with the Philadelphia Eagles. Because it’s obvious to any NFL fan that San Francisco fields a very good, very successful team this season. It was obvious, too, that the 49ers carried a very good, very successful team to the conference championship game last season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/what-kyle-...verpowering-eagles-this-season-075749313.html

nobody

Reaction score
Whatever happened to people respecting those who have a nuanced approach to things? Why is it so sacrilegious to see all sides and form your own opinion on things? This site is a microcosm (and perfect example) of how society has become. It's quite disturbing. No one side is completely right about the Cowboys. No one side is completely wrong about the Cowboys. Why do people get so offended that someone is hesitant to go all in on the team when it's so often folded like a lawn chair in critical moments? Why do others get so offended that someone is choosing to believe this time it's different? Five times (in my opinion) this season, the Cowboys had a chance to make statement games. Unfortunately due to history and the standings at the time, two of those were more important than the other three. That doesn't discount that the other three are also important. In those five games, the Cowboys are 3-2.

-While it's not a statement game the loss to the Cardinals, a game they had no business losing, it set up the stage for later:

-Their Achilles heel, the 49ers, absolutely owned the Cowboys for the third time in a row on Oct 8. This was their chance to get the monkey off their back and make a bold move toward the playoff race and they wet the bed.

-By the early morning of November 5, the Commanders were 3-5, the Giants were 2-6, and the Cowboys were 5-2 had a chance to make huge headway in the division race when they faced the 7-1 Eagles. Even before the games were played Nov 5, it was pretty obvious the Division was a two team race between the Cowboys and the Eagles. At the end of the day on Nov 5, The Cowboys once again failed when it mattered and lost to the Eagles, leaving the standings that day at Eagles 8-1, Cowboys 5-3, Commanders 4-5, and Giants at 2-7. Their loss took their fate more out of their hands (for yet another season) and more into the hands of the Eagles. The most frustrating part is that the Cowboys looked overall the better team and ended up beating themselves. This is not a once in a lifetime occurrence but a regular trend with the team from season to season.

- However, the other three statement games (the divisional ones), the Cowboys obliterated the Giants twice and Washington once (so far). 3-1 in the Division so far. ( The Eagles, meanwhile, are currently 3-0 in the division right now. Any current tiebreakers going to the Eagles.) The Dec 3 Eagles-49ers game is big for the Cowboys and even more important is the Dec 10 Cowboys-Eagles game.

The current point differential for the Cowboys is 162 points. That's insane and awesome! It's 101 points more than the Eagles point differential at 61. But point differentials only matter in the results of tiebreakers after other things. Doesn't it come after 1) Overall record, 2) Divisional Record, 3) Conference record, and 4) Non-Conference record?

Now let's look at Current Standings:

Eagles: 9-1 (Currently holds tiebreaker vs Cowboys because of their win over them. Their only loss came to a Non-conference opponent.)
Cowboys: 8-3 (Their three losses came to Conference opponents. Even if the Cowboys beat the Eagles Dec 10, the Eagles still have the tiebreaker so far if they have equal W-L records)
Commanders: 4-8
Giants: 3-8

Now, with all of that information in mind and while it's awesome and exciting that the Cowboys are dominating a bunch of other teams, how exactly will those curb stomps help if they fail to win when critical games for the Division and the playoffs? How can you not at least understand how some people are wary when two very important games (49ers, Eagles) showed them that it might be the same old thing in the end, the thing we've seen for 27 years now?

Please, enlighten me how the 101 point difference in point differential of opponents between the Cowboys and Eagles help the Cowboys in any way change the current standings...that the Cowboys now don't fully control their destiny and need the Eagles to choke. The Cowboys are 8-3 and that's really good. They're dominating in games they should be dominating, unlike in some years where they might lose or have squeak-by wins because the offense or defense failed to show that week. They're actually strong in all phases in these stomps. But make no mistake, these dominant curb stomps only help so much. It's the W-L record that matters more in the end. It's them winning in determining games that is their usual weakness and something they really need to overcome and start winning before they have a hope of getting to the SB.

I'm exciting by the direction they are heading after some heartbreaking losses this season. They're showing more resilience and hope. This is an exciting team to watch. Enjoy the ride (I plan to) but also respect that some people are tired of the fool's gold the team has been displaying for so long. The culture of the team needs to change.

(And for those that are negative after wins: omg, lighten up and enjoy the win for at least an evening before trying to poo poo everything. Chill out. The Cowboys just obliterated the Commanders. That's always cause to celebrate!)

Carter

Reaction score
Tbf i rather have us gaining health and momentum late in the season and play the Wildcard than rest Starters, Rest a week and wet the bed like they did in the past when they won the division and a first round bye.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Remember last season? The eagles beating up on nobodies. They were still loved and commended weekly. On here and by the media.