45-10! But does it even matter?

Adreme

Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
The Eagles get to be considered legit because they beat the Cowboys, Chiefs, Dolphins, and Vikings (basically 4 playoff teams and maybe you include Tampa in there as well). Similarly having gone to the Super Bowl last year gives you the benefit of the doubt. The 49ers have wins over the Steelers, Browns, Cowboys, Jaguars, and Seahawks (again all playoff teams and again maybe Tampa). This is not college football where margin of victory matters because you need to impress voters to make a playoff. The only thing that matters is getting the win.

Conversely the Cowboys have played 2 playoff teams and are 0-2 hence why people are skeptical (similar to how people are skeptical of the Dolphins). You do not have to win pretty against the good competition but you do have to win.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
I think most people already expected the cowboys to beat these teams. It is a feel good win, but throughout the season you have measuring stick games to get a feel of the team, and the important ones of those are against the good teams. Given our track record in recent years, we know we can do fine in the regular season but fizzle out in the playoffs. People get tired of being regular season champs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here’s the thing — nothing really matters, good or bad, until the final stretch and of course the postseason.

We could have beaten SF and Philly, earned the 1 seed … and still wet the bed in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I’m just enjoying the ride and hoping that some of this clicks for us in the postseason.

line 2 says it all!

DZSierra

Reaction score

Just sayin’…
What matters is the postseason.

Personally, I rather more than a couple of losses under the belt going into the playoffs vs being undefeated or with only one or two losses because you're EXPECTED to win and if you don't win the super bowl, you laid an egg in front of everyones expectations.

For better or worse, I really don't hate any NLF team, just certain people in the NFL. I try to keep a balanced approach on wins and losses, this means if a team hates a high win percentage vs anyone else, they don't suck if they lose to a team that they were supposed to beat and tell everyone how much they suck on the teams fanbase forum ;)

That said, I would guess at least 70% of the fan base here from last year were always pointing out how easy the Eagles scheduel was. To me, dosn't matter. A good team should beat those teams every Sunday that they are expected to win against. Hate to break the news to everyone, but that is exactly what Dallas has been doing.

The goal IMO is to get to the playoffs and see how the dice rolls, as the only way to win a super bowl is to get into the playoffs first, THEN win out.

The truth is as people have pointed out, the cowboys don't exactly have a stellar record over some time now when they get into the playoffs. Thing is and people forget this, first you have to get to the playoffs. When Dallas gets out early in the lead by the end of the second half, they seem to be on cruise control and win (which they should do). However, if it becomes a battle and the score is close in the fourth quarter, for better or worse, it seems like time management or critial decision making from the Cowboys becomes the issue. This is the hurdle they have to overcome IMO or not to be put in that position in the first place.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score

Just sayin’…
Yes it matters a lot. You have to beat the crap out of these teams. You can't play down to them like in the past

At Philadelphia we were 1st and 5 from the 6 with 27 seconds to go. We had a very good chance of winning that game on the road.

We're fine.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
its sad when the franchise is so low we have to celebrate wins over bad teams.

in this case, i dont think Washington is as bad as their record, and division games are tough, but to see the fans so broken that they have to scream "Cant we enjoy this crappy win" is so sad from a once proud franchise.

heres to you guys still fighting that Dallas is releveant when the Jones boys keeps telling you different right to your faces. Nothing so broken as "forget reality, as long as we keep thinking Next year is our year, we ll cry to enjoy the useless wins"

Hadenough

Reaction score

Just sayin’…
Beating the snot out of a tomato can doesn't make you a contender. I heard one the announcers during the Eagles Chiefs game state that Hurts is 10-0 in regular season games against winning teams.
Heck from what I've seen Dak hardly shows up against winning teams.
Just saying....
You know I hate the Eagles but I respect them. As a Cowboy fan I'm embarrassed by how they never show up and win big games. Yeah beating the Giants, Panthers and Commanders is fun but nothing I'm gonna thump my chest over.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Just sayin’…
There's only one solution to this 'madness', and until Dallas shows they can beat the better teams this is the way it's going to be. Who cares if the Iggles haven't dominated anyone, they won that one game mattered. Same thing with the 9ers. They are beating up on many of the same cream puffs Dallas faced, but they stomped the ever living crap out of Dallas in their one meeting.

At the end of the season no one will care that Dallas beat the snot out of really bad teams if they fail to get the job done against the 9ers or Iggles level teams.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
its sad when the franchise is so low we have to celebrate wins over bad teams.

in this case, i dont think Washington is as bad as their record, and division games are tough, but to see the fans so broken that they have to scream "Cant we enjoy this crappy win" is so sad from a once proud franchise.

heres to you guys still fighting that Dallas is releveant when the Jones boys keeps telling you different right to your faces. Nothing so broken as "forget reality, as long as we keep thinking Next year is our year, we ll cry to enjoy the useless wins"
Would just like to point out that there is a difference between celebrating a win and enjoying a win.

I don't see many asking why we can't celebrate what happened yesterday. Few have said this changes their overall take on this team. We just want to enjoy the fact that we convincingly beat a rival (if you can call them that anymore) on a Thanksgiving day without the constant reminders that are brought up after every win.

And believe me, I too fall in the category of show me against playoff competition. I'm not celebrating the game as a "were back" moment, but I damn sure enjoyed the game better than losing one we should've won.

Last edited:

snadler

Reaction score
No need for such a long post when the answer is so simple, in the two games the boys had to prove this year is different they lost them both. One was a complete embarrassment the other the usual poor coaching, lack of discipline and poor luck. People act like over the past 28 years the boys haven’t done this before, get fat and look like champions vs lesser opponents and then crap the bed on the road against quality opponents. Every boys fan should have the same mind frame, happy they are beating teams they should, but a wait and see approach against tougher opponents especially on the road

Trendnet

Reaction score
The Eagles are 4-0 versus teams with winning records. The Cowboys are 0-2 versus teams with winning records.

That's not a "narrative", it's just fact. Losing to the lowly Cardinals didn't help the Cowboys credibility.

Not sure why so many care about what the media say, but if they are citing those facts it's not a "narrative" - it's reality.

You want the media to respect the Cowboys, and you clearly do, then beat good teams and make noise in the playoffs. That's always been the way.
Would you feel better about yourself if the Cowboys lost?

Dakota

Reaction score
Well it should be obvious the NFC comes down to 2 powerhouse teams, us and the 9ers. Philly can barely beat anyone. They don't blow anyone out. They are not even in the same league as us, they are garbage. The 9ers on the other hand are recoving from their slump but so are we. Funny, the 9ers beat up on a pathetic seahawks team and everyone sings their praises, we beat up on tough division rivals and all anyone can say is we are beating up on bad teams. I can't wait to face the 9ers in the post season. We are by far the superior team and will bulldoze those frauds.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Well it should be obvious the NFC comes down to 2 powerhouse teams, us and the 9ers. Philly can barely beat anyone. They don't blow anyone out. They are not even in the same league as us, they are garbage. The 9ers on the other hand are recoving from their slump but so are we. Funny, the 9ers beat up on a pathetic seahawks team and everyone sings their praises, we beat up on tough division rivals and all anyone can say is we are beating up on bad teams. I can't wait to face the 9ers in the post season. We are by far the superior team and will bulldoze those frauds.
This post here is the cheese everyone is saying Dallas needs to avoid.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Would just like to point out that there is a difference between celebrating a win and enjoying a win.

I don't see many asking why we can't celebrate what happened yesterday. Few have said this changes their overall take on this team. We just want to enjoy the fact that we convincingly beat a rival (if you can call them that anymore) on a Thanksgiving day without the constant reminders that are brought up after every win.

And believe me, I too fall in the category of show me against playoff competition. I'm not celebrating the game as a "were back" moment, but I damn sure enjoyed the game better than losing one we should've won.
it is a good win, as i stated, i feel Washington is NOT their record.

So agree with you on that, a good win, we went in, destroyed them and made history.

Wins like this over rivals, yes, always great, wins over teams like Seattle, meh, but ok.

The real wins have got to come in the playoffs.

But yes, this was a good win.

Dakota

Reaction score
This post here is the cheese everyone is saying Dallas needs to avoid.
I don't see the "cheese" component. We are playing at an extremely high level, 9ers look to be back and philly just manages to squeeze by. Division games are always tough, and we have bulldozed the giants and commanders. 9ers have picked up their game recently but nowhere near the level we have. We are obviously the best team in the NFC and from what I can tell, the NFL.