49ers are a bad matchup

Swagger

Reaction score
Who is the “good” matchup? Philly. Just Philly bc we know their true colors.

There are no easy games, every team here on out is legit.
Only Philly as they are well below the 49ers and Cardinals but I would have preferred the Cards over the 49ers as I couldn't see us losing against them for a third time.

Swagger

Reaction score
You guys under rate Jimmy G as well. He played very well and far better than his box score stats vs the Rams. He made several clutch throws. If the Cowboys win this it will have been an excellent performance and whichever team progresses will take care of the Bucs. I have no doubt about that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I disagree that they were lucky vs the Rams. They obliterated the Rams' o line in the second half. This will be the game of the week.

Once the Rams abandoned the run it was church for them.. It allowed Stafford to Stafford.. If we follow the Moore script (no more than 12-15 runs and 10 of those will be right up the middle) then Dak will be running for his life and we will lose..

Swagger

Reaction score
I think Prescott will play well. The o line will give him more time than the Rams did for Stafford plus their corners aren't great. Hopefully we will get more of a push in the run game as well.

But I'm concerned about their run game as the Rams couldn't stop it in the second half - will our run D hold up?

It's going to be a fascinating game. I'm also worried as Jimmy G is playing with house money. In all likelihood he will leaving them so he can just let it rip.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
While you are correct there can be no denying that they have been the better running team the last half of the season. They had to rediscover their identity after the QB got hurt.. We should have learned a similar lesson when our QB got hurt.. but we didn't..
Which goes to show we can run the ball if we’ll just do it.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The big advantage for San Fran is that they are in the toughest division in the league, while the Cowboys feasted on the weakest. We better not let them have mental advantage.

Swagger

Reaction score
The big advantage for San Fran is that they are in the toughest division in the league, while the Cowboys feasted on the weakest. We better not let them have mental advantage.
True. They are tough and battle hardened but we are like an unexposed horse stepping up in class having won the bridle

49ers_Faithful

Reaction score
Hello Cowboys zone. Hope you are all as excited for this game as I am. I was in high school during our battles through the 90’s, so couldn’t be happier to renew one of the great league rivalries.

That all being said, think your team is gonna be in for a long day Sunday. Niners running game has yet to meet a defense it doesn’t run over. After having Emmitt run through us all those years, I’m so happy we get the chance to return the favor!

49ers_Faithful

Reaction score
True. They are tough and battle hardened but we are like an unexposed horse stepping up in class having won the bridle
You aren’t in the worst division right now. Your division was the only one other than ours to send more than 1 team. The worst is the North, which is why GB has such a great record.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cowboys got this,, those of us paying attention know this!
Parsons is already dreaming about meeting pretty boy JG up close and personal.

49ers_Faithful

Reaction score
friday-deebo.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would hope so. I’ve hated Dallas since 1980, but aren’t you happy to have this rivalry back?
Indeed, I have VHS tapes from the classic Cowboys vs 49ers classic matchups like the soggy field at candlestick classic battle.
We here at Cowboyszone welcome and embrace your hate...
Just be a little respectful and you will be entertained and welcomed!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would hope so. I’ve hated Dallas since 1980, but aren’t you happy to have this rivalry back?
For the record I don't hate you, I just don't like you very much. Yes gonna be a good game, you got some pay back coming by my calculations :flagwave:

49ers_Faithful

Reaction score
Indeed, I have VHS tapes from the classic Cowboys vs 49ers classic matchups like the soggy field at candlestick classic battle.
We here at Cowboyszone welcome and embrace your hate...
Just be a little respectful and you will be entertained and welcomed!
I’m in your house, my friend. Bring nothing but respect and hope for great banter!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the 49ers/Rams game… Jimmy G is not a guy that will be delivering pinpoint passes throughout the game. If we can pressure him and keep the playmakers (Samuel and Ayook, or however you spell that name) in front of us then we’re solid. Most of the 49ers big plays came from YAC, not great QB throws.
Yep ole Jimmy is tied for first in incompletes per game