49ers are a bad matchup

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Eve if both our offense and defense have an average day we’ll at least be in every game. That’s the luxury in my opinion of being above average on both sides of the ball. Then it comes down to mistakes and turnovers

Mobinvans

Reaction score
If Dallas can’t beat the 49ers than we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs

AyeAtey

Reaction score
It is a tough match up because first and foremost they are a physical team and not a finesse team. They are a good QB away from being great. Jimmy G has 3-5 bonehead passes a game. We have to win the turnover battle.
They are the type of team we will have trouble getting off the field becuase they are smart and lean into their running game .They do everything in the running game that we dont do. Go wide, traps, swing, full back, WR's block.
Let's not forget about Deebo Samuel, I can't even think of a comp to him in the league. I am not saying he is the best WR in the game, but he will be a handful on crossing routes and RAC. If you miss on tackling him he will take it to the house.
Better bring you lunch pail and put on your big boy pants. I think the key is to overwhelm Jimmy G with Parsons & company, and no three and outs. The Cowboys defense is great when they play 30 minutes or less. Less is more with them.

Well said. Need to be very physical on Jimmy G.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
According to this board none of the playoff teams are a good matchup for us and present challenges. Stop running scared, it's the playoffs no game should be easy. But we have the #1 offense and our defense leads the league in turnovers. Grow some confidence and support your team, lol.
It's called respect.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If our team is good, why would we fear playing ANY team in the playoffs? The Cowboys can play with anyone. They are good enough to beat any team.

The question is are they mentally tough enough for the playoffs? Talent alone isn’t enough.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If our team is good, why would we fear playing ANY team in the playoffs? The Cowboys can play with anyone. They are good enough to beat any team.

The question is are they mentally tough enough for the playoffs? Talent alone isn’t enough.
Talent wise, the Cowboys are good enough. They are capable, but Smith better be at left LT and Collins dominate at RT. Give Dak Prescott a constant 3 seconds and with the true arrival of Wilson, these receivers should carry a point advantage for Dallas. Just have all the Dallas defensive starters show up...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
They lean in the run. They’re great at it and we stuck at stopping it. They have a great tight end and we struggle at safety. It’ll force parsons to cover a lot.

Maybe, but I see this post every week about a bad matchup... amazing we won a game...

DStar22

Reaction score
No excuses now. Step up, toughen up, play smart and leave it all on the field.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
They lean in the run. They’re great at it and we stuck at stopping it. They have a great tight end and we struggle at safety. It’ll force parsons to cover a lot.
I wouldn’t call it a bad matchup but if you’re looking for a legit comparison look at the Broncos. Like the Broncos the 9ers are a very physical team on both sides of the ball who lean towards the run. Cowboys have their work cut out for them and best be ready. Also two coaches who know each other very well in Shanahan and Quinn.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a bad matchup... for the 9ers. Our D will have Jimmy G so flustered by the end of the game he'll be giving up INTs left and right. Dak should have a very good game spreading the ball around to all his weapons. I predict a 45-10 slaughter of SF.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Any team with an above average defense is a problem for our #1 QB.