49ers are a bad matchup

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team is a terrible match because they are a playoff team.
If it was not the 49ers it would have been someone else and we would have had the same exact threads but with the other teams name in it.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Im sure itll be a good game. We always play niners well. Its just funny to me fans will downplay our wins by saying well they didn’t really play anyone. Go look at the niners schedule. its not like they were beating show stoppers too. They basically are getting hyped up for beating the rams twice. and they lost the rest of their divisonal games. Call me crazy but I like our chances against them way more than a mobil qb who “owns” our stadium and just beat us

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
They lean in the run. They’re great at it and we stuck at stopping it. They have a great tight end and we struggle at safety. It’ll force parsons to cover a lot.
Let's see if Jimmy G can throw accurately 30+ times with a bad thumb when Dan Quinn stacks the box and shut down their run. Remember, DQ is quite familiar with Shanahan's offense. IJS

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all of these negative people here are a bad matchup for the forum- just saying, lol.
Meh, you gotta have balance in everything. let them rant and rave a few more weeks about why Dak will lose it all for us.

ghst187

Reaction score
The only “good” matchup for us in round one would’ve been Philly.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most important position on the field is QB and I'd rather face Jimmy G than Kyler Murray ANY DAY.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Every team is a terrible match because they are a playoff team.
If it was not the 49ers it would have been someone else and we would have had the same exact threads but with the other teams name in it.
Unless we win the game ...... Then they will suck and the Cowboys should be embarrassed they did not score 100 points on them.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think the Rams game was their SuperBowl. They spent a ton of energy and emotion to win that game and get into the playoffs. Don't be surprised if they come out a little emotionally flat on Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Im sure itll be a good game. We always play niners well. Its just funny to me fans will downplay our wins by saying well they didn’t really play anyone. Go look at the niners schedule. its not like they were beating show stoppers too. They basically are getting hyped up for beating the rams twice. and they lost the rest of their divisonal games. Call me crazy but I like our chances against them way more than a mobil qb who “owns” our stadium and just beat us

It's almost always better to face a lesser qb. I would've been pumped for AZ, but this is a lesser opponent and we will win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What kind of idiotic take is this? The Rams lost to them.. I guess they don't deserve to be in the playoffs right?
as you said. its an idiotic take....niners are 10-7. have gone 7-2 that past nine games. just beat the rams at their home....

Ken

Reaction score
No. Strictly a lack of confidence in Dak against teams that we would struggle to run against.

Dak throwing is never a good recipe for success unless we are playing awful teams.

1- 3 against teams with legit QBs and 0-5 when we don’t rush for 100 yards.
Maybe time to give this stupid narrative a rest?

The guy finished #3 in qbr, #3 in Completion %, #7 in yards, and#4 in TDs.

I know..he only did it against bad teams...everyone else did it against the best teams in the league. :facepalm:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe time to give this stupid narrative a rest?

The guy finished #3 in qbr, #3 in Completion %, #7 in yards, and#4 in TDs.

I know..he only did it against bad teams...everyone else did it against the best teams in the league. :facepalm:

Listen, you can’t look at things objectively so there is no point in conversating with you when it comes to Dak.

I get it. It’s a Cowboys forum so super fans will be on here.

Creeper

Reaction score
They re a bad matchup because of the style of their passing game not because of their running game. It is Yards after catch vs a bad tackling secondary.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the challenge for this game is their DL vs. our OL. both our rushing offense and passing offense. if they only have to rush 4 to get their pass rush, and drop 7, it will make it difficult for anybody. so running effectively is key to force them to keep more in the box. Moore has to get creative, get the ball to the edges with Pollard and just a few, not a whole staple, but a few screen passes. get their DL chasing a bit to slow them down. they are a good DL, but not deep. the game is 4 quarters, so set them up to beat them in the 4th....stopping the run game is also key for our defense, which worries me. we were suspect to power runnign games up the middle and suspect to runs to the outside. I would committ extra to stop the run, and blanket Sameul. parsons/neal can shadow kittle. force Grappolo to make some hurried throws and get a couple of interceptions. I think our pass rush can get to them. if we are able to stop the run early and force passing down sitations. if they run 5 yards on first downs consistently, then our defense is going to struggle.