49ers Insider: Options on Brooks being weighed

burmafrd

Reaction score
Gotta enjoy how rabid Silver is about Brooks. I think he may be in brooks jock more then Kartr is in Q's.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Have you bothered to count how many posts you have in this thread, Silver?

I've got 11, you've got 7... and you seem to say the exact same thing in all 7 of them... 3 different times, I've read "silverbear is on Brooks' jock"...

And guess what, so long as you bray this nonsensical garbage, I'm gonna keep right on laughin' at you...

So who is obsessed here?

You are... you say the same thing over and over and over and over again, like some demented parrot...

Brooks on strictly measureables is around a 3rd rd pick. With his issues it should be a 5th. BUT someone will probably risk a 3rd, maybe even a second. Does not make it right; reaching is usually a bad thing.

Ahhh, a CLASSIC example of what I wrote about in the sentence just above... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Gotta enjoy how rabid Silver is about Brooks. I think he may be in brooks jock

Your constant homoerotic references offer us rather a disgusting look into your sexual predilections, Nancy...

And of course, they're no substitute for factual rebuttal... seems you don't HAVE anything of substance to bring, so you repeat the same BS over endlessly... when that fails you, you go straight to the homoerotic references...

burmafrd

Reaction score
So just how many more posts are YOU going to have saying the same thing?
You have nothing of substance either. So Brooks was nominated for the Butkus award- big deal. So was Bosworth; so was that big bust out of Ohio State- Katzenmeyer, wasn't it? Means NOTHING. ESPECIALLY since he is a druggie. since the NFL is very much what have you done lately, Brooks hasn't shown much except that he is trouble. By the way- its now 13-8 in posts, right? 13 out of 44. Kind of ridiculous.

silverbear

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
So just how many more posts are YOU going to have saying the same thing?

Well, my only alternative is to allow your BS to stand uncontradicted...

That ain't gonna happen...

You have nothing of substance either. So Brooks was nominated for the Butkus award- big deal.

That alone is more substance than ANYTHING you've brought to the argument... the ONLY thing you've ever offered is your 'tude...

I've also shared with you the FACT that he's dropped five more pounds since his private workout, and plans on showing up to camp at 245... I'd say that's reasonably substantial...

So was Bosworth; so was that big bust out of Ohio State- Katzenmeyer, wasn't it? Means NOTHING

And which of them was nominated in his sophomore year?? (FWIW, the guy's name was Katzenmoyer)

And both of them were FIRST ROUND picks (Boz in the supplemental)...

My final piece of rebuttal is just because they never worked out in the NFL, it doesn't logically follow that every linebacker who makes the finals for the Butkus Award is gonna be a bust... lots of finalists went on to quite successful careers...

ESPECIALLY since he is a druggie.

You don't know that he's any such thing... you THINK he is, but you have shown repeatedly that you're not really aware of the facts (even those that are available to the public)...

By the way- its now 13-8 in posts, right? 13 out of 44. Kind of ridiculous.

LOL... give up on the reverse psychology ploy, I'm not gettin' out of your face until you slink away... so long as you're in here spewing uniformed garbage, I'll be right here, makin' you look like a fool...

burmafrd

Reaction score
This is more fun then poking a rabid skunk.
Get over it. Brooks is a druggie- why do you think he was taking so many tests?

silverbear

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
This is more fun then poking a rabid skunk.
Get over it. Brooks is a druggie-

There's nothing more ignorant than making such a flat statement without knowing all the facts...

I acknowledge it's POSSIBLE that Brooks has a problem with weed, but it's also POSSIBLE that he screwed up once when he was really young, and then, as his people said, he ingested some second hand smoke at a party this last time...

And if that's the case, then it's obviously asinine to label him a "druggie"...

I'll also note that one of the reasons Randy Moss went from Florida State to Marshall was a problem with marijuana... but on that count at least, he seems to have grown up; at least, I don't seem to recall him flunking any drug tests in the NFL...

why do you think he was taking so many tests?

To show the scouts he's NOT a druggie, of course...

Again, I'm counting on the Cowboys getting the REAL story from someone a bit less ignorant than you, somebody a little closer to the situation-- head coach Al Groh... and as I've said all along, I'll live with whatever decision the Cowboys make regarding Brooks after they have the real story...

Which means if they don't put in a bid for him, or if they put in a bid that's not quite good enough to get him, I won't be upset... but I know you'll be PISSED if the Boys wind up with him, and that thought gives me great amusement...

Like I say, you're the one who's really "obsessed"... I'm just countering your BS...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Like I say, you're the one who's really "obsessed"... I'm just countering your BS...

Really? :D Boy its popcorn time for me, this is getting interesting :p:

silverbear

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
the rabid skunk part seemed to sting a little, eh?

Actually, I thought that was kinda funny... an interesting bit of imagery there...

I highly encourage you to pursue such entertainment, LOL...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
And maybe an irrational Brooks hater like yourself should ponder if all those media reports are really happening without any hints at all from the folks at Valley Ranch... exactly what purpose would be served by the media making something like that up out of thin air??

the media is good at putting 2 and 2 together, everyone and their mother knows that Groh and BP are tight, and that BP asks Groh about his UVA players, and they know Parcells covets LBs, and run the 3-4 which is a perfect fit for Brooks, not to metion they had personnel at his workouts, it's not that difficult to figure out where the media is coming from, but it aint from VR

basically, the media doesn't know anything more than we do

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
the media is good at putting 2 and 2 together, everyone and their mother knows that Groh and BP are tight, and that BP asks Groh about his UVA players, and they know Parcells covets LBs, and run the 3-4 which is a perfect fit for Brooks, not to metion they had personnel at his workouts, it's not that difficult to figure out where the media is coming from, but it aint from VR

basically, the media doesn't know anything more than we do

I dunno, summer, the reports were very specific, that the Boys were one of 7 teams that showed the most interest in Brooks at the workout...

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Wow I can hardly imagine blowing a top 4 overall pick on a guy who will be out of the league in 3 years. Would be one of the worst personell moves of all time.

Tristan

Reaction score
Silverbear, seems like it's a waste of time trying to have a rational conversation with Bumfraud, you might want to put him on your ignore list like I did. The I.Q. average of the post's just skyrocketed after that move.

silverbear

Reaction score
Tristan said:
Silverbear, seems like it's a waste of time trying to have a rational conversation with Bumfraud, you might want to put him on your ignore list like I did. The I.Q. average of the post's just skyrocketed after that move.

I appreciate the advice Tristan, and you're probably right, but I do love to argue... ;)

Really, my arguments are aimed at those who are reading this thread, and might be on the fence about the guy... I have no delusions that anybody could ever changed burma's prejudiced mind... he's one of those who say "my mind's made up, don't bother confusing me with a lot of facts", LOL...

Which is why I'll get an extra kick out of it the Cowboys DO add him to the roster... I'll think of ol' burma going apoplectic, and smile...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Got to laugh at you Silver- everything you shoot at me can be said about you. You refuse to consider that Brooks is a druggie and trash. We will see- and I am willing to gamble that I will be right and you will be wrong.
By the way, tristan- don't get your panties in a bunch- I have been ignoring you for a while. BUT I don't use the ignore button since I enjoy laughing at morons.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Got to laugh at you Silver- everything you shoot at me can be said about you. You refuse to consider that Brooks is a druggie and trash. We will see- and I am willing to gamble that I will be right and you will be wrong.
By the way, tristan- don't get your panties in a bunch- I have been ignoring you for a while. BUT I don't use the ignore button since I enjoy laughing at morons.

If Tristan has you on ignore, he can't see your posts.

So what was the purpose of responding to him, then?

Illogical.

silverbear

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Got to laugh at you Silver- everything you shoot at me can be said about you. You refuse to consider that Brooks is a druggie and trash.

Nope, you've just got piss-poor reading comprehension... I have said all along that if the Cowboys get a bad review of the guy from his head coach, then I wouldn't want them to spend any pick on them... to those not logically-impaired, this is a tacit admission that there MIGHT be something wrong there...

But you, you insist that he IS a "druggie and trash"... not he MIGHT be, he IS...

And of course, it's quite asinine to label anybody who's ever smoked marijuana as "trash"... there are a lot of otherwise law-abiding citizens, never broke another law, who either have smoked weed in the past, or are smoking weed now...

To me, "trash" is an arrogant jagoff who judges people he doesn't know, without knowing the whole story...

We will see- and I am willing to gamble that I will be right and you will be wrong.

Ahhh, but you see, I CAN'T be wrong, because I've taken a REASONABLE, middle of the road position-- if the Cowboys learn that he's bad news, I want them to stay away from him, and won't be even slightly unhappy if they don't put in a bid for him... but I'll also be happy if they're satisfied with what they learn, and do put in a bid for him...

And I will lmao at YOU if the Cowboys pick him... you can't imagine how hard I'll laugh at your frustration...

So, since you've staked out a profoundly IGNORANT position, you CAN "lose" here... you'll look like quite the fool if the Boys go ahead and bring him aboard... but I can't possibly lose...

And now, you can go back to stickin' pins in your Ahmad Brooks voodoo doll... :lmao2:

silverbear

Reaction score
Vintage said:
If Tristan has you on ignore, he can't see your posts.

So what was the purpose of responding to him, then?

Illogical.

Naw, just stupid... if it was over on the newsgroup, then Tristan would be able to see his post in your response, but this board only carries forward the most recent reply in the thread, not the entire dialogue...

Naw, burma just wanted everybody else to see him spit a little defiance at Tristan, which is pretty pathetic, isn't it??

superpunk

Reaction score
128-93.gif