49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

VACowboy

Reaction score
But you're just speculating...you have no idea what he has left. You have no idea if he just like most of the players from the Harbaugh era are just sick of playing for that organization and just need a change of scenery.

If you sign him what's the worst that can happen? You waste Jerry's money? I'm taking the risk.
Did you read my original post in the thread? I’m not speculating about anything. I’m just not willing to give up draft picks for a guy of his age with that contract and his recent history based on speculation that he can play, especially since I haven’t seen him play since his injury. I don’t know where you got the idea that I’m against bringing him to the team, because I’m not and I’ve never posted as much. The question has gone from trading for a player to picking him up as a free agent since I made my first post.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
A Breakfast Club reference?? Lol

And you need to brush up on SF when Bowman was healthy.....the dude was a flat out stud.
I don't need to brush up on anything. Claiming he was better 2-3 years ago is one thing. Better now? Lol. Maybe try brushing up on Lee when he is playing

TheHerd

Reaction score
It’s only a bad contract since he got hurt. I bet the Niners would be just fine with it if he were still the player they were paying him to be.

I never had a problem with the Cowboys checking Bowman out. I just didn’t want them giving up draft picks.
Agreed. No picks and not big $$$. Doubt it happens

VACowboy

Reaction score
Hasn't had he been cut? No picks should be involved or taking on his salary.
No kidding, which is why I keep wondering why people keep quoting my posts. All I ever said was that I don’t want to give up draft picks for the guy. If you read my posts responding to people responding to me after the guy was cut, you will see that I pointed out that the issues involved with trading we’re kind of moot.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
SF is doing right by Bowman letting him take a shot at a playoff run instead wasting away on a winless team

They were cutting him next year and tried to trade him but his contract was too big.... so they ate the gtd money and took the cap hit

He played 94% of the snaps for SF this year so we know he is healthy
He is a FA getting the full 6.75m from SF so anything else is double dipping

I see 2-3m for the rest of the year

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF is doing right by Bowman letting him take a shot at a playoff run instead wasting away on a winless team

They were cutting him next year and tried to trade him but his contract was too big.... so they ate the gtd money and took the cap hit

He played 94% of the snaps for SF this year so we know he is healthy
He is a FA getting the full 6.75m from SF so anything else is double dipping

I see 2-3m for the rest of the year

Yes, it seems like they were doing him a favor and they might as well give young players some playing time.

If I were the GM of a winless team, I would dump any veteran that would not be on the roster the following season. Dump 10 vets and sign 10 practice squad players from other teams. With a pool of 320 practice squad players, there has to be a couple of good ones. Sign 10, get 1 Ron Leary and it's worth it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes, it seems like they were doing him a favor and they might as well give young players some playing time.

If I were the GM of a winless team, I would dump any veteran that would not be on the roster the following season. Dump 10 vets and sign 10 practice squad players from other teams. With a pool of 320 practice squad players, there has to be a couple of good ones. Sign 10, get 1 Ron Leary and it's worth it.
You got to watch out for Comp Pick guys but you could try to trade them...... SF has 60m in cap space they have to burn which is something most teams don't have

I like the idea of raiding teams Practice Squads but I don't want to be a winless team either

dwreck27

Reaction score

Could not agree more.... Either your in the hunt for the super bowl or just blow it up and build for one...

Settling for 8-8 seasons and spinning your wheels is pointless... I mean look at us the last decade

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could not agree more.... Either your in the hunt for the super bowl or just blow it up and build for one...

Settling for 8-8 seasons and spinning your wheels is pointless... I mean look at us the last decade

It would be interesting to see an all-in approach were a rebuilding team ignored the current year issues and totally focused on building for 3 years down the road. It would be a minimal number of veteran players the first 2 or 3 years.

In the all-in, minimal veterans approach, I would get veteran OLinemen but use young players everywhere else.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got to watch out for Comp Pick guys but you could try to trade them...... SF has 60m in cap space they have to burn which is something most teams don't have

I like the idea of raiding teams Practice Squads but I don't want to be a winless team either
If they're already 0-5, why not just lose the rest?

I think many rebuilding teams slow down the rebuild with too much focus on the current season. Does it matter if you're 6-10 or 0-16?

8FOR!3

Reaction score
If he can still play then I'm all for it but I haven't seen anyone come out and say he's still got it.