49ers sign LB Eric Kendricks

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Henry and Kendricks were 2 guys that made a ton of sense for this team that also wouldn't break the bank or strain the cap in future years.

I'm not in panic like some, but at the moment with their current approach its hard to see how they'll be more competitive losing starters and replacing a number of them with day 3 draft selections or udfas.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Isn't it completely insane that our plan for the biggest hole on the entire team and one that directly led to us being blown out in the playoffs is to count on a guy who's never player a single down? And wasnt even highly regarded in the first place? Plus whoever we take in round 3-7 of the draft? Plus the same guy who sucked the year before?
I got crucified for this take.

kevm3

Reaction score
With how players allegedly hate playing for Zimmer, I wonder if we're going to see a bunch of disgruntled players on defense. Doesn't bode well if we want to resign Parsons.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is anyone surprised? Agents are trying to get their guys signed for the most money possible and the cowboys are only entertaining vet minimum right now. Things will calm down, the boys will see who is desperate for a job and if they are free they get signed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Henry and Kendricks were 2 guys that made a ton of sense for this team that also wouldn't break the bank or strain the cap in future years.

I'm not in panic like some, but at the moment with their current approach its hard to see how they'll be more competitive losing starters and replacing a number of them with day 3 draft selections or udfas.
Said by someone unfamiliar with the Cowboys' money situation. They never were going to afford Henry in 2024 and Kendrick is only here because he backed out of a deal with SF. After all, he decided he would rather play for Zim.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Said by someone unfamiliar with the Cowboys' money situation. They never were going to afford Henry in 2024 and Kendrick is only here because he backed out of a deal with SF. After all, he decided he would rather play for Zim.
Money situation is over exaggerated and what they want people to believe. Not that they won't face cap crunching with a number of big deals coming up, but doesn't mean they can't make moves this year. They could free up cap space to have signed Henry if they wanted to. Its not like they're going out and paying Wilkons 25+ million a year.