Drafted by Cowboys 4th Round Pick 128 RB Tony Pollard Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's obvious from this post you don't even understand english, let alone a smidge about football.

This is your worst post yet. Makes zero sense.
"How a player plays has nothing to do with value" ahh man. Bless your heart.

This isn't going to go anywhere. No point continuing on for another three pages. Toodaloo

You are talking to a guy who literally, on this very board, basically tried to argue that coaching really doesn't matter, it's all fungible and actually argued that Jason Garrett was essentially Bill Belichick and just didn't get lucky enough to land in NE like Belichick did.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dre- "Getting your guys wins football games, value doesnt matter"

"Okay so drafting a unanimous 5th rounder in the 3rd helps more than getting an unanimous 2nd rounder in the 3rd"

Dre- "Yes get 'your guy' value doesnt matter as long as you get your guy". "Look at Zeke(not a reach) and Frederick".

"Look at Claiborne and Taco, they were our guys and didnt help us win"

"BECAUSE THEY COULDNT PLAY"

lmaoOO
So getting your guy only works if the players you select end up being good football players? NO ******* WAY!?!?!!? Wow he's really onto something. That's applicable to every single draft strategy known to man.

Prime21

Reaction score
So if they aren't comparable in running ability, receiving ability, or stature, how exactly do they remind you of each other.

His running style, his jump cut. Murray was also a very good receiver. Pollard actually played WR a bunch though.

Pollard is Murray before Murray got injured in college and remade himself into a workhorse back.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There doesn't have to be a point of reference here.

It's pretty logical thinking. No team would take a player in the 2nd round that they put a 6th round value on. If the Cowboys draft board was leaked like it has in the past, I suspect there's zero chance the Cowboys had a 2nd round grade on Pollard.

Ah gotcha.

Well my question relates to some of your previous comments that we didn’t get good value at 58 (ie. overdrafted), unless I misinterpreted what you were saying.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ah gotcha.

Well my question relates to some of your previous comments that we didn’t get good value at 58 (ie. overdrafted), unless I misinterpreted what you were saying.

That's what they all are crying about.

Dre11

Reaction score
You are talking to a guy who literally, on this very board, basically tried to argue that coaching really doesn't matter, it's all fungible and actually argued that Jason Garrett was essentially Bill Belichick and just didn't get lucky enough to land in NE like Belichick did.

He's talking to someone who's done it. For more than 20 years. Who gets paid to coach. Who's won championships and i give my players the credit, they won ON THE FIELD. Not some Joe blow fan whining about coaching.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Dre- "Getting your guys wins football games, value doesnt matter"

"Okay so drafting a unanimous 5th rounder in the 3rd helps more than getting an unanimous 2nd rounder in the 3rd"

Dre- "Yes get 'your guy' value doesnt matter as long as you get your guy". "Look at Zeke(not a reach) and Frederick".

"Look at Claiborne and Taco, they were our guys and didnt help us win"

"BECAUSE THEY COULDNT PLAY"

lmaoOO
So getting your guy only works if the players you select end up being good football players? NO ******* WAY!?!?!!? Wow he's really onto something. That's applicable to every single draft strategy known to man.

Again over your head, the argument was about winning value winning games, getting value in a player does not equate to his play on the field...lol I'll continue to tell you that, value doesn't equate to to winning on the field, where a player is drafted doesn't matter if that guy is going to help you win. Zeke and Frederick was two examples of players most considered bad value picks, Zeke turns out to be the best player on the team, Frederick in the top 5. Value didn't matter.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I thought, listening to the talking heads and crystal ballie draft know it all's, we were wanting the Trayvon kid out of A&M....didn't notice if he got taken tho, so maybe why we took this kid.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ah gotcha.

In fairness, I don't believe I said much about the "value" of Hill at 58 as if I thought he was a 4th or 5th rounder. I would have gone Thornhill at 58 because I think we have a S problem. I worry Hill's another Taco........... measurables are great but the lack of production in college is concerning. I get why the team picked him though.

I am not one of these ones that think this was the worst draft in a decade or anything like that.

I didn't like the Hill pick, McGovern confused me despite me thinking he's a good player, Pollard was an ehhh pick to me, I liked the Mike and Joe Jackson picks and thought Jelks in the 7th was a good pick at that spot. I think the two Jacksons could actually help this team. I really liked grabbing Hyatt, Wise, Guyton and Westry from the UDFA pool, particularly Wise.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
He's talking to someone who's done it. For more than 20 years. Who gets paid to coach. Who's won championships and i give my players the credit, they won ON THE FIELD. Not some Joe blow fan whining about coaching.

You've shared your resume before. Impressive. It also doesn't mean you are immune from saying silly stuff about football.

And when someone who has the vast resume that you have says that Jason Garrett is as good as Bill Belichick, that's silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.