Drafted by Cowboys 4th Round Pick - TE Dalton Schultz, Stanford (137th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Funny that we feel great about our TEs, but somehow they still found a way to take one before DT .

This team will is any opportunity to draft a TE.

We have 6+ DTs on the roster. Not sure why that's such a huge need. Only thing they need now is LB depth.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
How does he compare to the guy the eagles drafted in the 2nd rd?
The experts say he is a better Blocker, has better Hands, a better H-Back and won slighty in yards after the catch. Goedert won by a long shot in the Red zone.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
He also seems like a guy like Geoff Swaim that was underutilized as a receiver in college. The Cowboys were criticized for taking Swaim but he has been a better receiver than he was given credit for and Schultz could definitely be the same type of prospect.
Swaim will be the day one starter.........JMO .

WhizKid

Reaction score
This is a good value pick. Good player. Great blocker. When I was watching his tape pre-draft you can tell he has some catch game, just needs an NFL off-season and some experience to work on it. I wanted Thomas but he went early in the round.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
This guy is that good a blocker?!
I'm not sure how good a blocker he is, but it seems that he is a blocker and from his video highlights/stats he doesn't strike me as a passing threat atm. Between this pick and the G/T i would guess they are going to run a lot. If Dak struggles i would think that means even more running.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This should go without saying, but Stanford....this guy is smart.

Now load up every Witten video and have this guy study who he could be if he applies himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.