5 greatest Cowboys ever: name 'em

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Woody & Allen. Just going with the era I was born into. Much respect to the historic greats though! Just never got to watch them live.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Got to go with 1. Tom Landry 2. Roger staubach

3. Bob Lilly
jimmy-johnson.jpg
4. Jimmy 5. Michael

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cannot argue with any of those picks. IF this is just players.

Players still need a coach, and there is only one as far as I will always be concerned. I don't care if Garrett wins 5 more trophies, he is no Coach Landry. No one is. I do want those 5 trophies though, and a lot more.

theSHOW

Reaction score

For me I might go with rounding out the top 10 with these all time greats

6. Jerry Jones 7. Tony Dorsett 8. Emmitt Smith 9. Randy White 10. Larry Allen 10a. Lee Roy Jordan 10b. Mel Renfro 10c. Deon Sanders

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Come on kid. lol

Don't get me wrong, I've watched film of them online and NFL films. Just feel weird rating them not being from those eras and being present when they were players, etc.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I've watched film of them online and NFL films. Just feel weird rating them not being from those eras and being present when they were players, etc.

I would love to see Darren Woodson teamed up with Cliff Harris during each their prime. Put Sanders and Renfro on islands and the Dallas defense would have 3 and outs all day long.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I would love to see Darren Woodson teamed up with Cliff Harris during each their prime. Put Sanders and Renfro on islands and the Dallas defense would have 3 and outs all day long.

Your lineup looks like some of my old downloaded madden rosters :D I actually almost put Deion/Haley in there but couldn't justify them over Woody or Allen. Admittedly, Haley was much more integral than Woody but Woody is Woody. Woody:D. Great topic!

Angus12

Reaction score
Roger Staubach
Bob Lilly
Emmitt Smith
Randy White
Michael Irvin

If we're including more than players, drop White and Irvin and add Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson.

Plankton

Reaction score
If it's just players:

1. Emmitt Smith
2. Bob Lilly
3. Roger Staubach
4. Troy Aikman
5. Larry Allen

If it's the whole franchise, put Landry at the top, make Jimmy Johnson fifth, and drop Aikman and Allen.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I'll say:

Chad Hutchinson
Troy Hambrick
Demetrius underwood
Jerry Jones
Rowdy