5 greatest Cowboys ever: name 'em

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
60's-Merideth
70's-Staubach
80's-D White
90's-E Smith
2000-2009-Romo
2010-Present-Romo but Dez could win out.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Roger Staubach
Bob Lilly
Emmitt Smith
Randy White
Michael Irvin

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I love Tony Dorsett as much as the next guy. He is one of my personal favorites but I can't put him in the top five. He's really not even the best running back in team history. With all due respect of course.

^ This ^

Dorsett is the reason I became a Cowboys fan. And as much as he's my favorite Cowboy, he's not in the top 5.

JJB500

Reaction score
Bob Lilly
Larry Allen
Emmitt Smith
Roger Staubach
Michael Irvin

Erik Williams makes the list if he never had his accident in 1994!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Lilly
Staubach
Smith
Allen
White

Honorable Mention: Darren Woodson. Emobodied everything I'd want from a Cowboy. Great leader, great teammate, great player. Played hurt and played well for a ton of seasons. Why even have a Ring of Honor if it does not include the player that has more tackles than anyone that has ever worn the uniform?

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
This is TOO Hard, and its gets even harder if you include Landry (or any non players) Someone will be left off that deserves to be there. I will say this, and I dont want to ridicule anyones picks, but
Ware, Romo, and Witten (and I love them all) should not be in the top 5. To me the only people that can be in this discussion are:

Aikman, Staubach, Emmitt, Irving, Bob Lilly, Randy White, Dorsett, Larry Allen, Woodson, Meridith.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
2000-2009 Romo over Ware?

Anyone that wants to put ware over Romo gets no argument from me. I just feel Romo had more of an impact then Ware. Mostly because of position, but remember, between Aikman and Romo was crap at QB.