BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
1. John Wayne
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Gary Cooper
4. Gregory Peck
5. Henry Fonda

Honorable mention: James Stewart(same name as my pops) :)

Ohhhh, yas meant Dallas Cowboys. I'll get back to yall.........................

All I know is, I'm tougher than ya...punk (old man smell entering room...change($) ALL over the floor after the fight...:D)

Last edited:

theSHOW

Reaction score
Like your style;)

lol. Young punks lol. I will tell you growing up and watching the Cowboys lose the SB V during my 1st scrapbook season at a young age, each and every year this team was on TV and made the playoffs for 20 straight years...minus 1974 where they were 2 over .500, likewise my baseball team San Francisco Giants had my entire life never won a World Series and many seasons flat out sucked. Americas Team was amazing to witness in-progress feats. Gave me the confidence in the offseason rooting on the regular teams of the other sports. I never knew losing when it came to football. And Danny White was one amazing QB also. I rank him right there with Troy. Just ahead of Quincy (joke) You guys would have loved the later sixties - the entire 70's and early 80's.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
lol. Young punks lol. I will tell you growing up and watching the Cowboys lose the SB V during my 1st scrapbook season at a young age, each and every year this team was on TV and made the playoffs for 20 straight years...minus 1974 where they were 2 over .500, likewise my baseball team San Francisco Giants had my entire life never won a World Series and many seasons flat out sucked. Americas Team was amazing to witness in-progress feats. Gave me the confidence in the offseason rooting on the regular teams of the other sports. I never knew losing when it came to football. And Danny White was one amazing QB also. I rank him right there with Troy. Just ahead of Quincy (joke)

I LOVE cool old dudes (insert dumb joke). Yaw get it more than anyone eve could ;) Gimme you're knowledge so I don't have to learn it on my own! Jerks :D BTW, you should know my generation considers 5 years older than us GRAMPS. Not a slight.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I LOVE cool old dudes (insert dumb joke). Yaw get it more than anyone eve could ;) Gimme you're knowledge so I don't have to learn it on my own! Jerks :D BTW, you should know my generation considers 5 years older than us GRAMPS. Not a slight.

I've got a young baseball player son who thinks his SF Giants win the World Series every other year. He don't know jack! And when it comes to football he asks me "What's playoffs Dad?" but seriously he knows the Cowboys have history.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've got a young baseball player son who thinks his SF Giants win the World Series every other year. He don't know jack! And when it comes to football he asks me "What's playoffs Dad?" but seriously he knows the Cowboys have history.

That's cool man, embrace it! Got one on the way...will raise him right;)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He could be rooting for worse baseball teams. The Giants kind of grew on me when I lived there over the years......kind of. A great place to watch a game in an awesome city.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
SF area I take it? Actually lived in Rodando, CA ( I know 4 hours away:confused: for a minute), then back to DC. West coast folks are weird:) (I thought I was a liberal...) Just messin, it was cool for the time! I liked certain aspects;)

theSHOW

Reaction score
Got one on the way...will raise him right;)

I'm also a 76ers fan. Wonder why he picked the Heat? I got to give him credit. He even did it before LeBron had his 1st

and Congratulations!
I am duel coastal bro.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm also a 76ers fan. Wonder why he picked the Heat? I got to give him credit. He even did it before LeBron had his 1st

and Congratulations!

Thanks man :)Nice, very nice dude. I will have fun teaching him why to hate the skins (specifically). A lot of DC fans don't know the history involved into why we are Cowboy fans in the first place...;)

theSHOW

Reaction score
Don't put too much pressure on him and turn him away from sports. Just make sure he plays and likes football :)

If he turns out a Packers fan, so be it.

I don't know if I want to trust a guy who ranks John Wayne over Clint Eastwood !

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're always good Dex, where ya been?

Vacationing on the West coast. Flew into LA and hit some old stomping grounds, flew to SF and drove to Cannon Beach, Oregon for my sisters wedding. From there we drove to Seattle, stayed a few days and flew back to H-town a couple of days ago.

Now, we counting the days until Oxnard :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Vacationing on the West coast. Flew into LA and hit some old stomping grounds, flew to SF and drove to Cannon Beach, Oregon for my sisters wedding. From there we drove to Seattle, stayed a few days and flew back to H-town a couple of days ago.

Now, we counting the days until Oxnard :)

Jealousy is an ugly trait;), West Coast Vaca is top notch...folks know how to chill for real! Sea back to HOU, you worked it out dude. Almost tired thinking about it:D

Last edited:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
That's a bold selection of Witten for 00 but understand your choice. I guess the only other players in contention would be Romo and Ware though. I like it!
2000-09 had to be Witten. If it was 2005-14, it would have been Ware. Romo hasn't been as good at his position as those two have been at theirs, but he would make my top 3.

60's Lilly, Renfro, Howley
70's Staubach, Wright, Harris
80's R White, Dorsett, Walls
90's Smith, Allen, Aikman
00's Witten, Ware, Romo

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
My list is in this order:

Tom Landry
Randy White
Bob Lilly
Roger Staubach
Larry Allen

Performance and personification of what makes a cowboy a Cowboy was my criteria.