News: 5 Worst Contracts for 2019 Dallas Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because Jack Crawford may have been underpaid relative to his performance in 2018 doesn't make others who made more than him overpaid.

No, Jack Crawford was paid relative to who he is - a solid, journeyman defensive lineman. And that's who our Crawford is. Jack is, in fact, the perfect comp for Tyrone. The problem you and others have is that he clearly illustrates how the Cowboys overpay for their and you don't like it.

And others will bring up the salaries and stats of other defensive tackles in an effort to make excuses, without realizing the fact that they're actually comparing him to true starters, who have actual defined roles that play to their strengths. While we have an overpaid guy that we try to fit in somewhere because other players do the job better.

A guy whose every sack had to be manufactured by the scheme, or he would never get there on his own merits and performance. And you can look that up, I've done my homework.

And when he and that scheme were figured out by the Rams, the results were a disgrace. You can look that up too, I have.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So you compare him to 1T run stuffing defensive tackles so that his sack numbers look inflated? Talk about "fun with numbers'! Yeesh! :facepalm:

See @Hennessy_King , this is EXACTLY what I warned you about!
:lmao:

You complain about another poster comparing Crawford's stats to 1Ts, then you go and compare Crawford to Jack Crawford who also doesn't play Tyrone's position.

Incredible.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Because it isn't and never has been. He’s always been overpaid as the rotational role player that he is.

Because despite your characterizations of Crawford, he isn't a rotational player. He's a starter.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Because despite your characterizations of Crawford, he isn't a rotational player. He's a starter.

Either he's a starter, or every defensive lineman on our team is a rotational player.

We'll see which side Stash takes. I'm wagering he'll sidestep it

Them

Reaction score
...of those 5 contracts...Hurns was balling until he was injured...he's workable...Taco is the only one not to produce much ...IMO...
C9WJyOg.jpg

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
In 2017 Crawford was our 3rd highest rated run stopper on the defense behind only Sean Lee and Lawrence

In 2017 Crawford was our 3rd highest rated pass rusher on the defense behind only Lawrence and David Irving

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You complain about another poster comparing Crawford's stats to 1Ts, then you go and compare Crawford to Jack Crawford who also doesn't play Tyrone's position.

Incredible.

Really? Pray tell what "position" he's playing?

Show us how far you'll try to move those goal posts?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford over the last two seasons has played at a higher level than Quinn. It wasn't worded to where it would be difficult to understand.

And it still makes non sense and is totally inaccurate.

Great job managing to do it twice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Where? Where is he "your starter"?

You guys always try to start with this and then it's er, um, durp, when it's pointed out as the joke that it's truly is. You know, I know it, and everybody knows it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Really? Pray tell what "position" he's playing?

Show us how far you'll try to move those goal posts?

Moving goal posts? LMAOOOOOO That's all you lol bro.

You know that Jack plays edge, right?
You know Tyrone primarily is a 3T who plays edge when needed, right?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And it still makes non sense and is totally inaccurate.

Great job managing to do it twice.

If you don't know what you're talking about then don't comment on the subject.

Robert Quinn 2017 grade: 58.0
Crawford 2017 grade: 83.6

Is there where you move the goal posts or tuck tail?

What nonsense and inaccurate content will you choose to spew now?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moving goal posts? LMAOOOOOO That's all you lol bro.

You know that Jack plays edge, right?
You know Tyrone primarily is a 3T who plays edge when needed, right?

See? Now he's "a 3T", because he looks like **** at DE, especially when compared to his equal at both players salaries.

Move them goal posts! Proven my point even more.

:laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you don't know what you're talking about then don't comment on the subject.

Robert Quinn 2017 grade: 58.0
Crawford 2017 grade: 83.6

Is there where you move the goal posts or tuck tail?

What nonsense and inaccurate content will you choose to spew now?

"Grade"? Who's "grade"? What "grade"? Sure as hell isnt based on the players productivity. If you want to buy into whatever bull**** some clueless website is handing you, that's your problem!

Wow!
:facepalm:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
See? Now he's "a 3T", because he looks like **** at DE, especially when compared to his equal at both players salaries.

Move them goal posts! Proven my point even more.

:laugh:

Lol are you aware how much of a hypocrite you are?

As I guessed you didn't answer.

I gave you the two player's positions they play, and then this is your reply with absolutely nothing to back your stance. Then you move the goal posts by saying it's because Crawford wasnt good at edge. So you're admitting that the two dont play the same position.

STASHAROO GETS MURDERED ON YET ANOTHER THREAD. PULL OUT THE YELLOW TAPE, ITS OVERRRRR

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
"Grade"? Who's "grade"? What "grade"? Sure as hell isnt based on the players productivity. If you want to buy into whatever bull**** some clueless website is handing you, that's your problem!

Wow!
:facepalm:

Ahh so you just look at tackles and sacks to compare two players playing different positions for you to determine who played better.

No wonder you're so clueless :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Trendnet

Reaction score
Where? Where is he "your starter"?

You guys always try to start with this and then it's er, um, durp, when it's pointed out as the joke that it's truly is. You know, I know it, and everybody knows it.

Crawford started 15 games last season, and 74 out of the last 76 games.

So you can stomp your feet, scream about position and cry about your incorrect perception of him all you want, but the fact remains, 'rotational' players don't start 74 games over 5 seasons.

You seem to have an issue grasping basic facts as he hasn't been a rotational player at all.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Crawford started 15 games last season, and 74 out of the last 76 games.

So you can stomp your feet, scream about position and cry about your incorrect perception of him all you want, but the fact remains, 'rotational' players don't start 74 games over 5 seasons.

You seem to have an issue grasping basic facts as he hasn't been a rotational player at all.

He's determined to die on this hill. He made a claim before and now has to do everything in his power to protect it, ever if he doesn't believe in it himself or has absolutely no knowledge of the subject.

It's not all that characteristic of him, but it's his choice.

We can only try to hell educate him, that's about it.

But the hypocrisy of him continually moving the goal posts but then claiming others are doing it is beyond annoying and I'm embarrassed for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol are you aware how much of a hypocrite you are?

As I guessed you didn't answer.

I gave you the two player's positions they play, and then this is your reply with absolutely nothing to back your stance. Then you move the goal posts by saying it's because Crawford wasnt good at edge. So you're admitting that the two dont play the same position.

STASHAROO GETS MURDERED ON YET ANOTHER THREAD. PULL OUT THE YELLOW TAPE, ITS OVERRRRR

By you? Not on your best day, Junior! Yiuve brough NOTHING here. In fact, you can't even reconcile your own hypocrisy. You take issue with me comparing Tyrone to Jack Crawford (where suddenly "he's a 3T!") and yet you're here's yourself trying to make comparisons with Quinn? I guess you don't have the sense to see your own hypocrisy, do you?