50 Execs, Coaches, Players rank the best RB's

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Alright. That's fair. But then I need to see the 10 guys in front of him because I can't even name 10 great running backs in this league. The only thing about Zeke you can say is he doesn't have the breakaway touchdowns anymore. That's it. And that's what guys are judged for. Its like judging DE's on sacks and cornerbacks on interceptions. Its a lazy and easy way to judge a guy.

Rocy you and I think alike, so hear me out.

I agree using one thing like explosive runs is lazy. What I've tried to relay into our fans is that when Zeke doesn't compare favorably to his peers in:
-Forced missed tackles per rush attempt
-Yards after contact per attempt
-Elusiness rating
Those three stats almost entirely encapsulate the running backs ability to make a man miss, outside of vision which is unquantifiable

-Yards per route run
-Forced missed tackles per reception

Then you tack on his lack of explosive plays and his fumbling issues onto that. The reply is always "2 rushing titles in 4 years".
You'd agree that's just the same as far as lazy arguments go, right?

khiladi

Reaction score
This is meaningless without the breakdown of how many league executives voted. It must be a lot of people in New York. This is a joke if you didn’t vote Henry, if this was on 2019 season.

The fact Barkley is number 1 is a joke. Like I said, he was drafted by the Giants to force more man looks, but defenses continued to play two deep soft zone to the point even Barkley called it disrespectful. That’s part of the reason he caught so many passes as well as got break out runs in space. No team defense Barkley like they do Zeke or Henry.

In his last year in Penn State, he had five games of 100 yards and all of them were obfuscates by 1 fifty yard run. For every big home run he gets. he’s averaging negative yardage or 2 YPC.

The Panthers were 28th in runs on first down. Dallas in the last four years with Zeke have been 1, 6, 3 and 11. They were 11th this year, because of most likely playing from behind. Dallas consistently runs Zeke predictably.

also, if you look at Zeke’s anomaly of 2018 in the red zone, his numbers that year were right there with McCaffery and Henry. If he sucked last year, so did they.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is meaningless without the breakdown of how many league executives and people voted. It must be a lot of people in New York. This is a joke if you didn’t vote Henry, if this was on 2019 season.

The fact Barkley is number 1 is a joke. Like I said, he was drafted by the Giants to force more man looks, but defenses continued to play two deep soft zone. That’s part of the reason he caught so many passes as well as got break out runs in space. No team defense Barkley like they do Zeke or Henry.

In his last year in Penn State, he had five games of 100 yards and all of them were obfuscates by 1 fifty yard run. For every big home run he gets. he’s averaging negative yardage or 2 YPC.

The Panthers were 28th in runs on first down. Dallas in the last four years with Zeke have been 1, 6, 3 and 11. They were 11th this year, because of most likely playing from behind. Dallas consistently runs Zeke predictably.

also, if you look at Zeke’s anomaly of 2018 in the red zone, his numbers that year were right there with McCaffery and Henry. If he sucked last year, so did they.

Lol just change your name to "meaningless" at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I'd personally flip Saquon and Henry.....but who in the hell had Zeke at 11th?

@aria I know it was you! You didn't tell me you were a coach player or exec....

The ages are crazy...Zeke has been in the league 4 years and he's just as young as them.

Zeke is in the 2nd tier after Barkley and McCaffrey. Personally I put Henry in front of Zeke.

That being said, this is based on football skill alone. Once you factor in the 15 million per year deal and the fact that he is an accident waiting to happen and a moron/non leader, Zeke falls into the Middle of the pack category.

At least for me. I am not for paying RB's and I am especially not for a guy like Zeke.

To me, that 4th round pick has not produced the needed value and certainly I think that 15 million can be better spent.

aria

Reaction score
You should just be a Giants fan since you hate the Cowboys so much.
Because I don’t like one player on the Cowboys and responded to a question about a player on the Giants. Do you go to every Dak thread and say the same thing to all of his haters which is probably over half the fan base? Did you say the same thing to all the people who wanted JG gone?

Sorry the truth hurts and I upset your delusional feelings about the ewok. Some day you’ll understand he’s not as good as you think he is....maybe.

aria

Reaction score
Because by using the argument "he doesn't have a great offensive line" you assume that Zeke and Derrick Henry would suck if they didn't have a good offensive line and there's nothing to suggest that. So because Emmitt had a great offensive line that means he'd suck? Its just not a viable argument.

I can sit here and say if Zeke played in the Giants offense he may have actually more yards because Daniel Jones doesn't pass the football as much as Dak does.
Did I ever say zeke or henry would suck? Can you please quote me on that, I honestly don’t recall saying that and I expect better from someone like you than to accuse someone of saying something they didn’t say.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even the Giants were aware of Barkley’s home run hitting or bust.

A big chunk of that yardage has come on big runs. Barkley has seven carries of 20 yards or more and has three carries of 40 yards or more. Those type of plays have built up Barkley's boom-or-bust reputation, at least in the running game. Of his 131 carries, 22 have been in 4-6-yard range. He's had 19 negative-yardage runs, 15 for no gain and 38 carries for a yard or two, per Next Gen Stats.

The claim this guy would do what Zeke does behind his line at that much volume is a joke.

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-want-more-dirty-runs-from-saquon-barkley-0ap3000000988843

Barkley is not even close to efficient, and that includes his best year.

As you can see, Barkley has had 6 very long runs, but the majority of his carries have produced negative EPA. This is in part because running plays are less valuable than passing plays, and in part because over half of his rushing attempts have gained 2 or fewer yards.

https://www.footballperspective.com/saquon-barkley-has-been-inefficient-in-2018/

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Alright. That's fair. But then I need to see the 10 guys in front of him because I can't even name 10 great running backs in this league. The only thing about Zeke you can say is he doesn't have the breakaway touchdowns anymore. That's it. And that's what guys are judged for. Its like judging DE's on sacks and cornerbacks on interceptions. Its a lazy and easy way to judge a guy.

As for 10 great RBs, teams with these guys as their RB feel like there is absolutely no need to upgrade:

Barkley, McCaff, Kamara, Henry, Chubb, Cook, Mixon, Sanders, Jacobs, and Zeke. Not including any rookies.

aria

Reaction score
But you do know Barkley is a year removed from his rookie year right? ITs not about what Barkley is....its about what he's shown and he hasn't been in the league long enough to say he's the best.
Yeah, and he had a better ypc average than zeke last year (amongst several other stats) and he was playing with a high ankle sprain for at least half the season.

Also, the question was what has Barkley done, not what did he do last year. It’s no different than people bringing up zeke’s dumb rushing titles to claim he’s still the best.

khiladi

Reaction score
And it continued in 2019:

https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/saquon-barkleys-rare-flaw-is-rearing-its-ugly-head/

Barkley’s second season is a reminder of one of the few scouting knocks attached to his name, long overshadowed by his premature Hall of Fame ticket: Too many carries for zero or negative yards.

If Barkley is healthy — and the ridiculous spin to escape a tackle for loss Sunday suggests that he is — then maybe this prolonged lull is just a part of his all-or-nothing running style. He finished with 17 carries for 59 yards (including a long of 22 on his last run) in a loss to the Bears, and he hasn’t topped 72 rushing yards in five games since returning from a three-game absence due to a high ankle sprain.

Three of Barkley’s carries Sunday resulted in losses of 4 yards or more and three others went for no gain or 1 yard. Over a three game-span, including losses to the Cowboys and Jets, he now has 23 rushes for 1 yard or less and just 88 total yards on 44 carries.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rocy you and I think alike, so hear me out.

I agree using one thing like explosive runs is lazy. What I've tried to relay into our fans is that when Zeke doesn't compare favorably to his peers in:
-Forced missed tackles per rush attempt
-Yards after contact per attempt
-Elusiness rating
Those three stats almost entirely encapsulate the running backs ability to make a man miss, outside of vision which is unquantifiable

-Yards per route run
-Forced missed tackles per reception

Then you tack on his lack of explosive plays and his fumbling issues onto that. The reply is always "2 rushing titles in 4 years".
You'd agree that's just the same as far as lazy arguments go, right?
I do agree yes that's a lazy argument as well. But I can't write off production either because of his supporting cast. I just can't.

In regards to the stats above....for me to knock Zeke for it I have to see where he ranks in comparison to his peers. Because a poster on here tried to knock Dak for his redzone scoring by saying he's as goo das Ryan Fitzpatrick but come to find out he's actually better than Russell Wilson and Kapernick when I digged into the stats further.

Jenky

Reaction score
Henry is 26 years old and people want him over Elliott. Comical.

He’s had 1 good year and 1 rushing title. For all we know, he could be another Peyton Hillis (unlikely).

Give me Elliott any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
sorry but im taking out Kamara and moving Chubb in there, he deserved it after last season..other then that solid denatable top five and order..
I probably would as well. I'm a little shocked to see Kamara did as well as he did last year. Watching him play he did not look as good as he did previously and Chubb did look better as well. I think Chubb and Dalvin Cook have arguments over Kamara.

khiladi

Reaction score
https://www.nj.com/giants/2018/10/saquon_barkley_giants_need_to_see_soft_zone_covera.html

Drafting Barkley with the No. 2 pick was supposed to force defenses to play more man-to-man coverage or tighten up the zone in order to defend the run. Barkley is ready to carry the load on his shoulders.

Asked for the best way for an offense to beat a soft zone, Barkley said, "Personally, run the ball. That's where I step in or the offensive line steps in."
"We're going to get it all year," wide receiver Russell Shepard said of soft zone coverage.

"The safeties were playing 20 yards deep. They were young and getting beat over-the-top (in earlier games) so they played really deep with their corners' eyes inside. Until we can establish the run and make people fear us as a run offense, we're going to get that style of defense."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, and he had a better ypc average than zeke last year (amongst several other stats) and he was playing with a high ankle sprain for at least half the season.

Also, the question was what has Barkley done, not what did he do last year. It’s no different than people bringing up zeke’s dumb rushing titles to claim he’s still the best.
SMH....since when did YPC dictate how good of a running back you are? Felix Jones averaged 4.7 yards a carry for his career..I'm not sure how you are using that to say Barkley is the best because he has a better YPC then anyone else?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As for 10 great RBs, teams with these guys as their RB feel like there is absolutely no need to upgrade:

Barkley, McCaff, Kamara, Henry, Chubb, Cook, Mixon, Sanders, Jacobs, and Zeke. Not including any rookies.
Yeah I personally can only come up with McCaffery, Zeke, Cook, Henry and Chubb. Those other guys are a tier under them to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did I ever say zeke or henry would suck? Can you please quote me on that, I honestly don’t recall saying that and I expect better from someone like you than to accuse someone of saying something they didn’t say.
I never said you said it. You asked me why that logic is flawed? I told you. Its because by saying Zeke is only good because of his offensive line you are saying he's only good because of it. A player shouldn't be knocked because of his supporting cast. Because you guys can say anyone can run behind this offensive line but we saw what Joseph Randle looked like....we saw what Alfred Morris and McFadden looked like and yes they had some solid years but they weren't asked to do nearly the same things we ask of Zeke. None of these guys can touch Zeke as a pass blocker. None of them.