50 Execs, Coaches, Players rank the best RB's

aria

Reaction score
Alright. That's fair. But then I need to see the 10 guys in front of him because I can't even name 10 great running backs in this league. The only thing about Zeke you can say is he doesn't have the breakaway touchdowns anymore. That's it. And that's what guys are judged for. Its like judging DE's on sacks and cornerbacks on interceptions. Its a lazy and easy way to judge a guy.
Why can’t you judge him on elusiveness, broken tackles, yards after contact, yards after reception, short yardage situations (biggest misconception about him), forced missed tackles...ya know, pretty much every other stat not total yards or most carries?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke is in the 2nd tier after Barkley and McCaffrey. Personally I put Henry in front of Zeke.

That being said, this is based on football skill alone. Once you factor in the 15 million per year deal and the fact that he is an accident waiting to happen and a moron/non leader, Zeke falls into the Middle of the pack category.

At least for me. I am not for paying RB's and I am especially not for a guy like Zeke.

To me, that 4th round pick has not produced the needed value and certainly I think that 15 million can be better spent.
That's fine you feel that way. But when Zeke has been on the field we have at least fought for the NFC East. They surely didn't do it in 2015 and surely couldn't do it in 2018....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why can’t you judge him on elusiveness, broken tackles, yards after contact, yards after reception, short yardage situations (biggest misconception about him), forced missed tackles...ya know, pretty much every other stat not total yards or most carries?
I'm fine with doing that. But where are those stats? Only thing you keep bringing up is YPC. Everything can't be shown in stats. How are you judging his elusiveness in comparison to everyone else? How are you judging his ability to break tackles? Because he doesn't have as many as Barkley? He also doesn't have to have as many as Barkley. Zeke played in a stacked offense last year. Barkley' stats would take a hit if he played in this offense.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah I personally can only come up with McCaffery, Zeke, Cook, Henry and Chubb. Those other guys are a tier under them to me.
I don't think Zeke belongs with McCaff, Chubb, Barkley, Kamara, and Henry, but you will see nearly every person have a different personal ranking.

aria

Reaction score
SMH....since when did YPC dictate how good of a running back you are? Felix Jones averaged 4.7 yards a carry for his career..I'm not sure how you are using that to say Barkley is the best because he has a better YPC then anyone else?
Since when did total yards which is almost always equivalent to total carries dictate how good a RB is? I agree ypc can be deceiving when talking about a guy who gets 50-100 carries per season vs someone with 300 but when you’re comparing RB’s within a relatively close amount of carries I think it’s relevant, especially taking into consideration what they’re running behind.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tough to rate them as they can be so different and bring different things to the table

I'd put Henry higher than they have him.
Kamara lower...though I do like him. Maybe Chubb instead. Or even Cook, but his health could be an issue.

The best back last year...by far...was McCaffery. 600 more yards than #2 is insane
But I really don't think he can maintain this pace.

Both Henry and Zeke have had the benefit of playing behind truly great offensive lines.

Barkley? Not so much. Crappy line makes it hard to judge him as there are people in the backfield immediately at times.

InTheZone

Reaction score
All I know is Barkleys career may be cut short (like ineffective in 4-5 seasons) if he keeps getting those lingering leg injuries.

And McCaffrey is a guy who probably wont be playing at a high level for more than a few years, we'll see though.

RBs always come and go, only a few actually sustain their level of play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Since when did total yards which is almost always equivalent to total carries dictate how good a RB is? I agree ypc can be deceiving when talking about a guy who gets 50-100 carries per season vs someone with 300 but when you’re comparing RB’s within a relatively close amount of carries I think it’s relevant, especially taking into consideration what they’re running behind.
Well tell me this...you ever seen a bum have the most total yards in the league? Because I haven't. I've seen some bums put up a high YPC though. BTW, I never said total yards was the only way to gauge a player. I just said I can't ignore it either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tough to rate them as they can be so different and bring different things to the table

I'd put Henry higher than they have him.
Kamara lower...though I do like him

The best back last year...by far...was McCaffery.
But I really don't think he can maintain this pace.

Both Henry and Zeke have had the benefit of playing behind truly great offensive lines.

Barkley? Not so much. Crappy line makes it hard to judge him as there are people in the backfield immediately at times.
And this is my argument for Zeke....Zeke has been in the league since 2016. Yet he's still tops in rushing. He's shown at least through 4 years he can maintain his level of play. None of the other guys have even been in the league long enough to say that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And this is my argument for Zeke....Zeke has been in the league since 2016. Yet he's still tops in rushing. He's shown at least through 4 years he can maintain his level of play. None of the other guys have even been in the league long enough to say that.
Legit argument.

Either way, once they are in the top 3-4, we are splitting hairs.
We have one of them, so we're good.

khiladi

Reaction score

Per NFL.com's Michael Fabiano, Elliott finished last season tied for fifth in rushing yards after contact (595), tied for 10th in receiving yards after contact (123) and tied for 11th in broken tackles (22) among running backs. A whopping 58.5 percent of his rushing yards came after contact.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...wboys-ezekiel-elliott-is-nfls-best-contact-rb

Zeke-Haters love to make up numbers. It’s usually influenced by their Dak love and the narrative he carries the team. BTW, 2018 numbers were pre-Cooper, so you can imagine how impressive the numbers are with Dak chucking ducks. And 2017 was six suspension Zeke and Dak, 6-0 against Eagle scrubs.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I'm fine with doing that. But where are those stats? Only thing you keep bringing up is YPC. Everything can't be shown in stats. How are you judging his elusiveness in comparison to everyone else? How are you judging his ability to break tackles? Because he doesn't have as many as Barkley? He also doesn't have to have as many as Barkley. Zeke played in a stacked offense last year. Barkley' stats would take a hit if he played in this offense.
Oh you disappoint me friend, I’ve posted these stats over and over but no one wants to click on the links or admit it. Granted, some are a year old because I wasn’t able to find new ones but I wouldn’t want to include zeke’s 2019 if I were one of his supporters.

This primarily covers short yard situations
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

Elusiveness
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-32-starting-running-backs-elusiveness

2019 broken tackles, yards after contact, etc (sorry, no link, it was a screen shot I already posted)
i2SvIlh.png

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol notice how this was from October of 2018.

Most total yards after contact while leading the league in rushing attempts by a landslide. NO WAY SO IMPRESSIVE!?!?!? Lmao
I'm on the Zeke side of this argument but you gotta watch Khiladi man.......first thing I noticed was it said 2018 lol. And that's from October 2018 at that lol.

aria

Reaction score
Well tell me this...you ever seen a bum have the most total yards in the league? Because I haven't. I've seen some bums put up a high YPC though. BTW, I never said total yards was the only way to gauge a player. I just said I can't ignore it either.
Again, speaking of zeke as a player, have I ever called him a bum? I’m also waiting for your quote of me saying zeke and henry would suck behind other O lines.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Oh you disappoint me friend, I’ve posted these stats over and over but no one wants to click on the links or admit it. Granted, some are a year old because I wasn’t able to find new ones but I wouldn’t want to include zeke’s 2019 if I were one of his supporters.

This primarily covers short yard situations
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

Elusiveness
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-32-starting-running-backs-elusiveness

2019 broken tackles, yards after contact, etc (sorry, no link, it was a screen shot I already posted)
i2SvIlh.png

The fivethirtyeight article is very enlightening.

People want to claim he's a chain mover, and we couldnt do that without him. Yet he was 22nd in the league at doing that exact thing he is supposed to be good at. Did he get better last season? I think so. 2019 Zeke was the 2nd best Zeke we have seen.

"It sounds strange, but commanding bad rushing volume is really the only aspect of Elliott's game that is truly elite." That's literally what we've been arguing forever now, and it's true.