jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Man I need a nice Cowboys print

E61JLtkXsAIICri

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That is not at all how it works. Ticket and merchandise prices are set by what the market will bear; they are the cause of player salaries, not the effect.

Do you think that if the players agreed to a 50% pay cut tomorrow, that the ticket prices would go down 50%? Or at all? Of course not; the owners would just pocket the difference.
100% accurate. Players negotiated for a portion of the league's revenue. Revenue goes down zero dollars if they take less or take more.
Anyone calling players greedy is a complete dolt.
It is a business and they should absolutely run themselves as such with the bottom line clearly a focal point.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It surely is a welcomed relief to see some actual news for a change!

Anything other than mere speculation is really a blessing in itself. ;)

I can't wait to see the results of our practice sessions. That'll be nice.

Last edited:

bigE79

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Jerry naive. Naive implies an innocent ignorance of reality. Jerry is not that. His ignorance comes from hubris. He is convinced of his football IQ to the point where he is no longer objective about his team or his players.

He calls pragmatism skepticism. I understand being optimistic allows people to take risks that pay off for them. I am sure that's how Jerry got rich. But in football it's different. The competition lines up and fights you in the trenches. It's his optimism against his opponents pragmatism. In the NFL or any sport, you can't settle for what you have because everyone else is trying to get better. There is an old expression, "if you are standing still you are going backwards".

I also find is disheartening that Jerry thinks he needs one Charles Haley to get to the Super Bowl. He still doesn't get it. If takes 22 guys to win a Super Bowl. Charles Haley was a star player but there were a bunch of stars on that team and an outstanding head coach too.
If you listened to the whole comment,he did say that