7 Cowboys Whose Time Is Running Out In Dallas

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Carson

Reaction score
All will be gone minus Looney and Elliott.

... Looney can come back on a cheap $1-2 million deal as insurance for Biadasz.

... Zeke will be back because nobody will take the contract. People link him to the Jets. Why would the Jets give the 2nd pick in round two when they can draft a guy like Etienne?

... Lewis or Awuzie will be back. They will sign a cheap one year deal and be part of the CB revamp. Diggs / Rookie / Brown / Lewis or Awuzie

Carson

Reaction score
If he will sign a team friendly deal, I’d resign Awuzie. We need 2-3 starting CBs on the roster ahead of the draft, whether it’s our own guys or those from another team. I think Awuzie is currently our 2nd best CB, but maybe he can also provide depth at FS.

Exactly. I put Awuzie over Lewis here because Chido is more natural playing outside.

Diggs, Awuzie, Rookie outside
Brown inside

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lost me when it said Elliot. No need to read further in a BS article.
I sure don't like disagreeing with my Jazzy. But this time I have to agree with the Zeke statement.
Have a great Holiday Jazzy!
4485.gif

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awuzie - no
Crawford - yes
Lewis - no
Lee - yes
Woods - no
Looney - no
Jones - yes

There can only be so many new players brought in. The Cowboys can get by with players like Awuzie, Lewis, Woods and Looney but in a backup role. I’m surprised Jaylon wasn’t on the list.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Awuzie, Crawford, Lewis, Lee, Woods, Looney, Jones (punter). Elliott? File Elliott under players who should not return in 2021 but will. This has been the worst season Elliott has had in Dallas by far. And the fact he’s the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL this season is utterly ridiculous." by Steven Mullenax

Thoughts?!

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/21/dallas-cowboys-6-time-running-out/6/
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/11/28/dallas-cowboys-5-should-not-return-2021/4/

happy-holidays-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

Awuzie? A big, fat 'meh'. If he stays for another year on a cheap deal? Meh. If he leaves? Meh.
Crawford? I don't need to say another word on that subject.
Lewis? Pretty much the same as with Awuzie. Fine either way.
Lee? I'd have to think his playing days are over. But I'd love to have him join the coaching staff.
Woods? I thought he did fine in a rotational role and I'd be OK with keeping him in that role at that price.
Looney? Another fine role player to have. Not a starter.
Jones? How he stayed here this long is a mystery.
Elliott? A waste of time to talk about a player they couldn't get rid of even if they wanted to. They're stuck.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They should've drafted Zeke's replacement when he demanded a huge new contract after only 3 seasons. Especially with all his off the field issues and declining performance since 2016.
they should have held their ground. your options would look much different now.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lee? I'd have to think his playing days are over. But I'd love to have him join the coaching staff. Jones? How he stayed here this long is a mystery.
Elliott? A waste of time to talk about a player they couldn't get rid of even if they wanted to. They're stuck.
:hammer:

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Awuzie - no
Crawford - yes
Lewis - no
Lee - yes
Woods - no
Looney - no
Jones - yes

There can only be so many new players brought in. The Cowboys can get by with players like Awuzie, Lewis, Woods and Looney but in a backup role. I’m surprised Jaylon wasn’t on the list.
good post:)

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm hoping Awuzie gets brought back. I keep talking him up, and he keeps letting me down, but i see the talent. I have no idea what the FA market looks like for him this offseason. Some team may overpay from what his production says, because thats typically how FA works. Or he may be OK with a cheap 1 year prove it type deal coming off a down year where he missed time and try FA again next year after rebuilding his value, and NFL revenue isnt down as much.

Shane612

Reaction score
I mean I get it with zeke but I’d bete even Derrick Henry would struggle if you made him play with 3rd stringers on the oline and kept shuffling....all the rest are pretty logical
True, but we've seen plenty of times when Zeke is in the open field, but he couldn't do much with it, anymore.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

... Zeke will be back because nobody will take the contract. People link him to the Jets. Why would the Jets give the 2nd pick in round two when they can draft a guy like Etienne?

... Lewis or Awuzie will be back. They will sign a cheap one year deal and be part of the CB revamp. Diggs / Rookie / Brown / Lewis or Awuzie
Agree completely. Unless Joe or one of the CB's gets an unexpectedly good offer, I think you bring them back. The CB's are insurance while you try to upgrade and get the younger guys acclimated. If the vets play above expectations, gravy. Joe gives you options at 3 positions. Its a no brainer.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
"Awuzie, Crawford, Lewis, Lee, Woods, Looney, Jones (punter). Elliott? File Elliott under players who should not return in 2021 but will. This has been the worst season Elliott has had in Dallas by far. And the fact he’s the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL this season is utterly ridiculous." by Steven Mullenax

Thoughts?!

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/21/dallas-cowboys-6-time-running-out/6/
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/11/28/dallas-cowboys-5-should-not-return-2021/4/

happy-holidays-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

Awuzie-gone, unless he signs a cheap, short-term contract
Crawford-gone, probably will join Marinelli with LV
Lewis-gone, average slot corner
X Woods-see Awuzie, but I rather see him go
Looney-all depending his price, both Connor's could backup at Center
Jones-gone
Elliot-he like a few others is cheaper to release after the 2021 season. Will be given another season with hopefully a healthy line, QB.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lewis had a really nice performance against the 49ers but he is generally beaten like a drum and is a penalty magnet.

He is such an enigma to me. There are times he makes such smart and heady plays but then other times he does something stupid or gets burned.

I suspect he's back because he'll be cheap. Someone might pay Awuzie more than we might be willing to. I can't imagine we won't bring back at least one of the CBs just for depth purposes.

Zordon

Reaction score

Looney has been abysmal the last month. Probably our worst lineman. He’s a complete sleeve in the run game.