7 Cowboys Whose Time Is Running Out In Dallas

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"Awuzie, Crawford, Lewis, Lee, Woods, Looney, Jones (punter). Elliott? File Elliott under players who should not return in 2021 but will. This has been the worst season Elliott has had in Dallas by far. And the fact he’s the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL this season is utterly ridiculous." by Steven Mullenax

Thoughts?!

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/21/dallas-cowboys-6-time-running-out/6/
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/11/28/dallas-cowboys-5-should-not-return-2021/4/
Zeke isn't going anywhere. He needs a better O-line.

Chido and Jourdon should be retained if the price is right.

Crawford and Woods have probably seen their last season as a Cowboy.

Looney has proven his worth as a utility man on the line. I think he is retained.

Sean Lee is talking about getting into coaching and MM is talking about letting him so we'll just have to see where that goes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
But his full 2022 salary is guaranteed in March of 2021 if not cut then.

So how can that be?

Think they are going to pay him to not be on the team?

Edit....I hope you're right btw. I've been counting the minutes until he is gone for a while now. Then he turns in this type of effort. I just think Jerry got hosed w the structure and theres no real way to axe him before the end of 2022.

they can cut him before June 1 and still designate it towards to the following league year.

dallasdave

Reaction score
"Awuzie, Crawford, Lewis, Lee, Woods, Looney, Jones (punter). Elliott? File Elliott under players who should not return in 2021 but will. This has been the worst season Elliott has had in Dallas by far. And the fact he’s the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL this season is utterly ridiculous." by Steven Mullenax

Thoughts?!

Crawford =9 million ---gone baby gone

dallasdave

Reaction score
I sure don't like disagreeing with my Jazzy. But this time I have to agree with the Zeke statement.
Have a great Holiday Jazzy!
4485.gif
Now the Kitty would not BS :eek::omg::eek:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Awuzie? A big, fat 'meh'. If he stays for another year on a cheap deal? Meh. If he leaves? Meh.
Crawford? I don't need to say another word on that subject.
Lewis? Pretty much the same as with Awuzie. Fine either way.
Lee? I'd have to think his playing days are over. But I'd love to have him join the coaching staff.
Woods? I thought he did fine in a rotational role and I'd be OK with keeping him in that role at that price.
Looney? Another fine role player to have. Not a starter.
Jones? How he stayed here this long is a mystery.
Elliott? A waste of time to talk about a player they couldn't get rid of even if they wanted to. They're stuck.
Go ahead say a few more words on Crawford's behalf :lmao:

Carson

Reaction score
Why would looney come back for a pay cut?
Zeke will be back because we can’t cut him
I agree, one of Lewis or awuzie will be back

He makes $1.1 million now.1-2 million isn’t a pay cut.

He’s been pretty average and will be 31 next season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Crawford, Lee, Bell, woods are free agents I think will not be back. Likely the same with Awuzie and Jordan Lewis also FA

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm for letting Lee go although I could probably make a case for him being our best (definitely our smartest) LB of the group.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
It is what it is with Zeke. He isn't going anywhere for a year. Likely two.
I would like to keep Chido. I still like his potential and abilities. Still has upside. Not sure he sould accept a one year, prove it deal though. Cowboys would need to make more of a commitment. Regardless, CB is a big need.
I read that Crawford may retire after this year.
I like Looney's versatility as a center and guard. Not a starter though
I'd absolutely hate it if crawford retired. It's like an employee you've overpaid for years and you don't even get the satisfaction of firing them and they just retire on good terms. Let me cut him or at least not offer him a contract when he ask. Anything but let him walk

Loso86

Reaction score
I mean I get it with zeke but I’d bete even Derrick Henry would struggle if you made him play with 3rd stringers on the oline and kept shuffling....all the rest are pretty logical
Man thank you

Praxit

Reaction score
..no 2nd thoughts with Jones and Crawford. Show them the door. Lee is probably to old keep now. Woods, Looney and Awuzie are good enough to bring back, if price is right.

. Zeke needs better OL, he's 25 yrs old. Indeed, it was a mistake signing him to all that cash. Jerry still thinks RB's are an endangered species.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I mean I get it with zeke but I’d bete even Derrick Henry would struggle if you made him play with 3rd stringers on the oline and kept shuffling....all the rest are pretty logical
IDK,, Henry has a stiff arm like none other.

Creeper

Reaction score

Thoughts?!

Each week, Awuzie and Lewis look a little better. You have to watch them when they are where they are supposed to be rather than when the defense blows another coverage. Both of these guysy are coming on and I would love to keep both of them if the signing price is not too high. I worry about Awuzie's health. He seems to miss more games than Lewis. But I like Awuzie's size and strength.

Crawford is a FA after this year and I would not spend my money on him. Not a bad player, just nit a guy I would spend money on. I would save my money and use it to sign an impact DT.

Sean Lee should retire and probably will. Xavier Woods is one of the gaping holes in this defense IMO. He should be allowed to leave.

Biadasz will be the center next year. Looney is a backup. If they do not resign him they have to find another Center. Supposedly, McGovern can play center but I have never seen him there so I have no opinion on that.

I have been saying Chris Jones is inadequate for years. He stinks and should have been gone long ago.

I have been through the Elliott situation several times before. If they cut him it has to be before the new NFL season begins, which is in March. Otherwise, Zeke's 2022 salary guarantees and unless they can work out a trade, he will be a huge cap impact in 2022. I don't think Zeke is a bad player but if you look at his production vs his contract he is nowhere near giving the Cowboys bang for the buck. I would trade Zeke for whatever I could get for him. Again, its not about his performance on the field. It is about what he costs the Cowboys against their cap. When talking about players, because of the CAP, the question should always be about performance vs cost. I really do believe that RBs are not worth committing big $$ to anymore. I think Pollard and Dowdle, at a fraction of the cost of Zeke, would provide just as much production.

I would add Jaylon Smith to this list. And next year the Cowboys have to decide if they pick up the option year on LVE. What we are seeing from LVE this year is not something to fall in love with.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I think EE is driving those last nails in the huge contract for RBs coffin. If you are a young stud RB you got to be hoping your front office is as dumb as Jerry.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Awuzie-gone, unless he signs a cheap, short-term contract
Crawford-gone, probably will join Marinelli with LV
Lewis-gone, average slot corner
X Woods-see Awuzie, but I rather see him go
Looney-all depending his price, both Connor's could backup at Center
Jones-gone
Elliot-he like a few others is cheaper to release after the 2021 season. Will be given another season with hopefully a healthy line, QB.

100%,

It'll all depend on the Dak signing and the CAP level. With so many teams probably cutting players, 2021 may see players accept those lower short term contracts.