7 Cowboys Whose Time Is Running Out In Dallas

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Nah man I don’t want looney back. People have become to comfortable with him. He’s been worse than 78 who everyone likes to pick on.
Hes a a backup nothing more. Everyone cant be a starter. He can fill in a few games a year. Hes also very likeable in the locker room.

fivetwos

Reaction score
there is a very compelling argument as to why Ezekiel Elliott should be gone from the team at that salary. Now at best with a June 1 cut we would only break even with his contract so sure this year does not make sense however it does make sense that his clock is ticking in the grand scheme of things.
Break even? Not sure what you mean.

He is here through not only next year but the year after as well due to the way the deal is structured.

I'm hoping the dude has at least a little bit of self pride and does whatever needs to be done to give a little back in return for making him and his very financially secure.

Unfortunately he is an immature narcissist and wont do that.

He epitomizes the not having to earn it generation.

Wrong guy to draft in the first place, let alone doubling down on long term.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Break even? Not sure what you mean.

He is here through not only next year but the year after as well due to the way the deal is structured.

I'm hoping the dude has at least a little bit of self pride and does whatever needs to be done to give a little back in return for making him and his very financially secure.

Unfortunately he is an immature narcissist and wont do that.

He epitomizes the not having to earn it generation.

Wrong guy to draft in the first place, let alone doubling down on long term.

If he is a June one cut following next year we don't lose any cap space.

Big_D

Reaction score
Hopefully there’s a team desperate enough to trade for Elliott!

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean I get it with zeke but I’d bete even Derrick Henry would struggle if you made him play with 3rd stringers on the oline and kept shuffling....all the rest are pretty logical

Well said. Look at Barkley before he was injured. He was being hit in the backfield on every other play. It's the OL and game plan that allows a RB to show off what he can do. But any decent RB can get a lot of yards given his OL is playing well.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
"Awuzie, Crawford, Lewis, Lee, Woods, Looney, Jones (punter). Elliott? File Elliott under players who should not return in 2021 but will. This has been the worst season Elliott has had in Dallas by far. And the fact he’s the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL this season is utterly ridiculous." by Steven Mullenax

Thoughts?!

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/12/21/dallas-cowboys-6-time-running-out/6/
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/11/28/dallas-cowboys-5-should-not-return-2021/4/
Elliott's almost certainly returning.
Wouldn't mind Looney and Lewis back as depth pieces.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Chido and Lewis played better in my opinion. I wouldn't mind keeping both. I'm not a fan of Brown. I like Diggs and Wilson a lot. Just need a FS.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean I get it with zeke but I’d bete even Derrick Henry would struggle if you made him play with 3rd stringers on the oline and kept shuffling....all the rest are pretty logical

I guess you didnt watch Pollard on Sunday?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"Awuzie, Crawford, Lewis, Lee, Woods, Looney, Jones (punter). Elliott? File Elliott under players who should not return in 2021 but will. This has been the worst season Elliott has had in Dallas by far. And the fact he’s the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL this season is utterly ridiculous." by Steven Mullenax

Thoughts?!

Looney should be back. He's been a decent starter, and with the veteran exemption, his hit to the cap was near veteran minimum. He's a value backup and a good locker room guy. Certainly bring him back for camp in case of injuries. Only get rid of him if younger players drive him off the roster. Right now, I don't see that player on the roster.

I agree on Zeke.

I'd like to bring Awuzie back. I think we've done him no favors during his career, and he can be more than his tape here shows.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looney has been abysmal the last month. Probably our worst lineman. He’s a complete sleeve in the run game.

Yeah, he's playing poorly lately. I expect it's injury, specific or cumulative.

He was playing decently earlier in the season. For his price, that play was a bargain. Still good value as a short term backup, IMO. Unless we find a young interior olineman to replace him, we keep him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's here in 2022.

conner01

Reaction score
All will be gone minus Looney and Elliott.

... Looney can come back on a cheap $1-2 million deal as insurance for Biadasz.

... Zeke will be back because nobody will take the contract. People link him to the Jets. Why would the Jets give the 2nd pick in round two when they can draft a guy like Etienne?

... Lewis or Awuzie will be back. They will sign a cheap one year deal and be part of the CB revamp. Diggs / Rookie / Brown / Lewis or Awuzie
Why would looney come back for a pay cut?
Zeke will be back because we can’t cut him
I agree, one of Lewis or awuzie will be back

GMO415

Reaction score
Jones falls in love with players and they tend to overstay their welcome....Lee, Witt, Crawford, J Smith etc

fivetwos

Reaction score
If he is a June one cut following next year we don't lose any cap space.
But his full 2022 salary is guaranteed in March of 2021 if not cut then.

So how can that be?

Think they are going to pay him to not be on the team?

Edit....I hope you're right btw. I've been counting the minutes until he is gone for a while now. Then he turns in this type of effort. I just think Jerry got hosed w the structure and theres no real way to axe him before the end of 2022.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Chido and Lewis played better in my opinion. I wouldn't mind keeping both. I'm not a fan of Brown. I like Diggs and Wilson a lot. Just need a FS.

I have a feeling Lewis, Chido, or Woods won't be here next season. Jerry's intentions were clear when he didn't sign them and signed Brown. So I'm thinking unless they play on the cheap, they'll be gone.

cowboyec

Reaction score
All will be gone minus Looney and Elliott.

... Looney can come back on a cheap $1-2 million deal as insurance for Biadasz.

... Zeke will be back because nobody will take the contract. People link him to the Jets. Why would the Jets give the 2nd pick in round two when they can draft a guy like Etienne?

... Lewis or Awuzie will be back. They will sign a cheap one year deal and be part of the CB revamp. Diggs / Rookie / Brown / Lewis or Awuzie
i think both Awuzie and Lewis could be back.
we could use the depth and i doubt there will be a line forming to sign them.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Thoughts?!

If Elliott plays like this with a healthy starting line and quarterback next year, then he deserves to be cut. Judging him on this season is utterly ridiculous.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Thoughts?!

its utterly ridiculous we are using a 3rd string line and 4 qbs for Elliott to deal with along with injuries and most games we were 3 scores down the run game was abandoned. That statement is utterly ridiculous..

sorry but theres reasons for EE having down year..he will bounce back and will be back no matter what fans and media say..IDC about all this talk about speed and burst ,2019 was solid year top 5 back in the league despite Moores lack of creativity and abandoning the run game even when EE was hot in many first halfs of games..

Please do not claim pollards better for 55 mins he was 11-29 2.9 yard average the OL and OC are horrible in the run game and its showing..Polard and EE are good one two punch..they stay

Looney to good of a backup for G/C to leave , ill resign him, Lewis possibly on cheap contract as backup

Jones and lee for sure its time to go..