Drafted by Cowboys 7th round - Pick 244 - WR Jalen Brooks (South Carolina)

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak friendly receiver looks like. Huge wingspan and really good hands. Don't really need to be accurate to hit him. Special teams and spot backup duty with a reliable catcher, not bad. We'll see if he makes the team.
check check check. The kid checks all the boxes and passes the eye test. Im stunned we got him where we did.

Smith22

Reaction score
He looked faster on tape to me. They showed clips on the draftshow and he showed some ability.

I'm assuming he will fight for a bottom WR slot and will need to make the team from ST play, which he has plenty of experience playing.

Mannix

Reaction score
MY BAD. I went and did more research and this kid might be a steal. Dang he catches everything and has special hands. He has enuff speed to take it all the way. He appears to be well rounded.Sneaky nice pick.
no worries....didn't think you saw the clip yet

Mannix

Reaction score
He looked faster on tape to me. They showed clips on the draftshow and he showed some ability.

I'm assuming he will fight for a bottom WR slot and will need to make the team from ST play, which he has plenty of experience playing.
I certainly hope so....we are hands down the WORST in the NFL at churning a roster.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Looks like T.O. body frame wise. What does MG run, this guy looks about the same w/better hands

ghst187

Reaction score
I like this pick a lot and this coming from someone who loathes our first two picks

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like what I see here....totally reminds me of a slighter Michael Irvin....looks like a GREAT possession receiver. Check this out....at 4:44 it sure didn't look like 4.69 time to me....plays MUCH faster!

So is he acceptable, you like him better than Noah Brown? :muttley:
What is his measurable anyway, I have not seen a size or weight on him yet. Still looking through all the posts and threads.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
not familiar with this WR, but from what I see made a lot of tough catches…definitely a good possession WR, played in the SEC…good value pick

Jarntt

Reaction score
7th round WR will battle it out with some of the UDFAs we bring in. If he or any of them can run down and tackle on STs they'll have a shot to make the final roster. History tells us one of them will.

edit: Don't know much about him at all, so just going off clips looks like good size and really good hands and makes plays in traffic. Very little separation at all and not good speed for a WR. Seems to spend a lot of his time sitting in between the gaps in coverage which is what we do a lot. Seems like the type that will make a bunch of highlight plays in camp because of his hands and become the "pet cat" of a bunch of fans. Is he quick enough to beat NFL CBs we will have to see. He has decent size, but not really big enough to just put them on his hip and out muscle them.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height:
Weight: 200

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):
20 Yard (ET): 2.68