Drafted by Cowboys 7th round - Pick 244 - WR Jalen Brooks (South Carolina)

Aven8

Reaction score
You never know with WR’s. Davante Adams and many others have blossomed out of no where.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
: Terrell Owens, Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Cris Carter, and Anquan Boldin all ran 4.6+. Your argument is flaud at best. "Danny Crain"!!!!!!!!!!!
As today's NFL players a bigger and faster most of the Cowboy's receivers appear slower with no ability to separate from their cover man. The guy the Cowboys drafted doesn't have any of the skills that the receivers you mentioned in your post, so drafting a guy in the 7th rd who runs a slow 40 was a waste of a draft pick that JJ could have packaged to traded up in the 1st or 2nd rds to get what they really needed, instead JJ sat pat and the rest is history.

Havic

Reaction score
a 4.6 WR is fine but you must have fluid hips and excel at route running.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I really like what I see here....totally reminds me of a slighter Michael Irvin....looks like a GREAT possession receiver. Check this out....at 4:44 it sure didn't look like 4.69 time to me....plays MUCH faster!

Thanks ,looks like good hands and good in contested catches also . Lets see if he will push one of the slackers from the depth chart ( Simi F, J tolbert etc. )

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like this pick a lot and this coming from someone who loathes our first two picks
What does loathing our first two picks have to do with anything?

Nothing. Just you wanting to take another shot at them.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
well I agree. I jumped 2 soon. My bad. I just went and did more film watching and I learned alt about this kid. He is very smooth in his routes and catches everything. I luv the pick.
You want to take some deep breaths, learn about the player first, then comment... without allowing the disappointment of not getting the guy you wanted get in the way of your analysis.

About 75 percent who don't like it are apparently unable to set aside their biases/agendas. At least you went back and took some time to review. He's a blocking/possession WR, more than likely. Smooth in the receiving game; but slow.

:)

check check check. The kid checks all the boxes and passes the eye test. Im stunned we got him where we did.
There are so many quality players on the back end of this draft, and in UDFA.. Most people disagree with me. But this is a strong UDFA class, imo. I like this guy.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thick WR reminds me a little of another South Carolina WR, Sterling Sharpe.
My comp is Ed McCaffrey.

They are the same speed, but Brooks is a tad shorter.

If he makes the team, this guy is a better fit than Noah Brown...

Last edited: